My seedlings seem to have stopped growing?

The option of being able to edit a post is only available for a limited amount of time, several hours or so if I remember right.

420 minutes.

Hey @NewBee157 and welcome to the forum!
Yes at the bottom there are four holes an inch wide by like 3/4 high . And also half way up the bucket there are two more holes the same size 180 to each other with a screen on the inside to keep the dirt in . read up on fabric Pots and how the roots needed to get air so thats what i came up with .. No big garden supply places in my area everything has to be ordered and they were not cheap..The buckets were.
I recommend 1/4" or 1/2" holes in the very bottom of the bucket as well. It's a deep bucket compared to ideal pots for cannabis, and not fabric, so from my experience there may be compaction that impedes drainage, especially as the plants get big and your watering volume increases. A 2-3" layer of perlite at the very bottom would have been good.

I put young seedlings in 1 gal pots and let them get about 18" tall before transplanting to final pot size. Watering a 1 gal pot is easier to manage in the early stages of growth, since it's very easy to test the weight of the pot. I'm sure your Home Depot has 1 gal nursery pots. I don't grow autos, and some people will tell you not to transplant autos; however, if you are careful doing it and don't hurt the roots, there should be no problem at all.

Looks like things are starting to move along ... 17 days old

20230613_114018.jpg

20230613_114010.jpg

20230613_113955.jpg

Ok so just checked in on the girls and they seem to have the veins on the leaves turning yellow .. I may be crazy but it looks like it to me . also on one of them the bottom leaves seem to be yellowing . I am new at this so I'm not really sure if I have some kind of problem or not ... But would like to catch it early if i do . Thanks for any input

20230613_195534.jpg

20230613_195520.jpg

20230613_195428.jpg

Ok so checked in on the girls and it seems to me the veins on the leaves are turning . I'm new at this so i don't really know .But if i'm heading into a problem . I wanna know early here 17 days old .I may be worrying about nothing but the only stupid question is one you didn't ask . it also looks to me the bottom leaves may be turning as well on one plant . Thanks for any input

Ok so had to make some changes the seedlings started turning very dark Green and the leaves started to cup and get all crumpled up. So I replanted them into just straight Pro Mix with added Perlite. The soil I took them out of was like MUD. The two Hindu Lite Autos are the smaller ones , Still seem small to me being 3 weeks old but what do i know. The bigger one in the Tan pot is a Photo Acapulco Gold and it has been kicking ass compared to the other two. I have started them on the PH Perfect nutes and they seem to be loving it. I popped in some pics please let me know what you guys think. Should the two autos be a little bigger or i guess I should just go with the flow. Thanks for any input .....

20230618_220513.jpg

20230618_220443.jpg

20230618_220500.jpg

20230618_220431.jpg

20230618_220423.jpg

Ok so had to make some changes the seedlings started turning very dark Green and the leaves started to cup and get all crumpled up. So I replanted them into just straight Pro Mix with added Perlite. The soil I took them out of was like MUD. The two Hindu Lite Autos are the smaller ones , Still seem small to me being 3 weeks old but what do i know. The bigger one in the Tan pot is a Photo Acapulco Gold and it has been kicking ass compared to the other two. I have started them on the PH Perfect nutes and they seem to be loving it. I popped in some pics please let me know what you guys think. Should the two autos be a little bigger or i guess I should just go with the flow. Thanks for any input .....

20230618_220513.jpg

20230618_220443.jpg

20230618_220500.jpg

20230618_220431.jpg

20230618_220423.jpg
The plant in bottom pic looks a little overwatered the leaf's twisted slightly let it dry other than that they look good

Ok so here we are again one of the Hindu Autos has come down with some funny looking spotting on the leaves..This is so much fun , it never ends something new everytime you look in the tent .. PH 6.5 had started them on PH Perfect and seemed to be loving it we were only at 1/2 of the recommended mix on that... The other two plants show no sign yet of the spotting .. Pics posted please let me know what you guys think .... And Thanks Again for any input
The Photo Acapulco gold plant is outgrowing the autos like 2 to 1 it's Ripping Oh and I have been spraying them with water from a spray bottle a few times a day , But the other plants are not showing any spotting ??? Last feeding / Watering was 2 days ago

20230620_224551.jpg

20230620_224559.jpg

Ok so here we are again one of the Hindu Autos has come down with some funny looking spotting on the leaves..This is so much fun , it never ends something new everytime you look in the tent .. PH 6.5 had started them on PH Perfect and seemed to be loving it we were only at 1/2 of the recommended mix on that... The other two plants show no sign yet of the spotting .. Pics posted please let me know what you guys think .... And Thanks Again for any input
The Photo Acapulco gold plant is outgrowing the autos like 2 to 1 it's Ripping Oh and I have been spraying them with water from a spray bottle a few times a day , But the other plants are not showing any spotting ??? Last feeding / Watering was 2 days ago
I have bad news for you. I'm pretty sure that I can see the thrips from here, some in every picture. You are being eaten. I suggest some SNS-203 immediately.

20230620_224551.jpg

20230620_224559.jpg
Is that coco coir in the pots?

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Autos have their own internal clock.
Size isn't a factor when they decide when they want to flower.
Like a dandelion they just flower when they are ready.
Get some bug spray on the thirps. :thumb:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Important question.... do you have several drainage holes in the bottom of these containers?

important point... the sticking the finger in the top to tell if you need to water, does not work with this weed. This plant needs you to dry out all the way to the bottom between waterings but your finger only tells you what is going on in the top 2 inches. The lift the container method to feel the water weight is a much more reliable method to tell when to water next, and a dipstick or water probe will work too.
I used a bathroom scale until I was familiar enough with the lifting method. You definitely need to read Emilya’s post on how to water a potted plant. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom