Need Help and advice starting High Brix grow

closetorganic

I like to see myself as an organic gardener and when I read of High brix gardening here at 420 I was excited.

where I'm at now is building my soil.

materials, 3parts some used Pro-Mix Bx that was part blended with FFOF, homemade compost, and an array of organic ferts like greensand some packaged chicken manure fertilizer, a vegetable blend fert and maybe sum guano. This was from last summer in my homemade selfwatering bins growing veggys outside. I overcrowded them so I think its been depleted after sum 5 months of growing

1part Fresh G.O. alska humis soil ammendment

1/2 part homemade compost sifted and cooked in the oven at 300 for an hour

I'm about to add one part organic worm castings and maybe a half part perlite when aquired

For my 6/5/3 minerals Im trying to set up, all I have now is Dr. Earth soft rock phosphate and about to get lime and gypsum. I'm trying t locally find azomite or even that volcanic rock dust stuff . Will greensand work instead?

So far am I doing alright? Any tips or suggestions are appreciated.

Next I have to cook it for 2 weeks after watering it with a tea?

I think its suppose to be an areated microbial tea I have a bucket and air pump and know I need chlorine free water but what else do I add to it? Moneys low , can my above stuff work.

I need to get this soil cooking so I can start the growing the first week in Dec.

I ended up getting Epsoma garden gypsum,garden lime,and perlite and stired my mix adding i/4 cup of my 6part lime 5partrock phosphate and 3parts gypsum for every 1.6 gal pot of the mix.
Then I started an areated tea of 4 gal dechlorinated tap water about a cup of fresh homemade sifted compost a cup of worm castings and maybe 1/4 cup high nitrogen guano with like about 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar for I didnt have molases and read it was similar to use instead. It looked like it was gonna be good with the bubbles building froth on top but the next day it was not there so I thought and found some old fish emulsion and poured 2 capfuls then it like instantly started foaming again the next day I watered my plants and the mix.

All in all it never really cooked or had what I had seen mite grow on it fungi? It smelled like a earthy compost and I ended up useing it to top off some pots growing and then transplanted sum clones in 1.6 gal pots with that mix on bottom half and freshh FFOF around sides They did fine so far. and the rest of the mix is just sitting .

Going back and reading some more DocBud brix or TRue high brix stuff and found out I needed to add alfalfa meal for nitrogen I also never got azomite or anything similar so I just got my own mix thats organic now and will use to amend my harvested plant soil. I think I will add more of my 6/5/3 mix to amended soil and maybe some guano trying to keep it for instant use when mixed where it wont get hot

I now use 2tsp of G O biothrive vegan grow and 2tsp "same" bloom fertilizers and some molasses per gal every water on those clones currently as 2 today started flower with my 2 mothers who are gonna get that drink too every water for the firstweek then just 4 tsp of bloom a gal to a week or 2 till end then just 1tsp bloom and malasses to finish at least thats my plan now

I live in New Zealand, so don't know many of the stuff you used, but do you live in a city, smaller town or in the country. I'm suggest getting some garden worms, (not compost worms) and putting it then in the left over soil, water you leftover soil, and let the wormds do what they do best, make soil fertile.
I have a small garden near my apartment, and I added stuff like chicken manure, grass clippings spread thinly and watered down molasses to the soil, left it for a few weeks, then dug it over with a garden folk, and grabbed the garden worms I found out, and put them in a bucket, anded those worms to my growing mix, watered the worm catching piece of garden again, and again after a week dug it over, etc etc each time I got new worms. It took me a couple of months, but I now have about 200 adult earthworms, and young worms they have breed, and many worm eggs. I'll kept adding goodies to the outside garden, and harvest the dirt for worms, and adding said worms to the mix I will start using for my seedlings and plants in about a month.

Good job on harvesting those worms. Im sure those worms will help your plants and soil. Their castings or manure I heard is the best compost with all the microbes and enzymes. I am able to compost my kitchen scraps and lawn trimmings in an old garbage can with holes and cracks at the bottom that let local worms and other composting bugs in. Its ongoing and I have to mix it up when I add stuff. I have attempted indoor vermicompost bins homemade that turned into indoor composters since I didnt succesfully hatch composter worm eggs. My local garden worms I think are leaf worms and they couldnt consume enough compost like they say about those hybrid worms that may eat their weight a day. But I know I didnt even have a pound of worms or as many as youve aquired either. Fungus nats fruit flies made me put it outside where its winter with frozen ground and snow now.
I reuse my soil and try to stay organic minded and was happy to see live worms in each of my four 3 gallon pots I harvested this month. Maybe only one or two that I seen per pot but the fact they were alive. I think chemical fertilizers would have killed them if I did use them. So that soil was put in a bin and I sifted out the big masses of roots and then watered it just with dechlorinated tap water. Hopefully those worms made it and are finding food still to make more castings and like you said Up Side Down make my soil fertile. I will just mix it eventually with my attempted high brix soil I made for the next round.
I still have the interest in a worm farm that will eat my leaves and stems and produce fertilizer that will be put back in my soil so I can stop buy the worm castings I buy for ammendments now. Good luck on your seedlings and plants soon and thanks for signature blog and recipe. I will have to revisit again.

I ended up getting Epsoma garden gypsum,garden lime,and perlite and stired my mix adding i/4 cup of my 6part lime 5partrock phosphate and 3parts gypsum for every 1.6 gal pot of the mix.
Then I started an areated tea of 4 gal dechlorinated tap water about a cup of fresh homemade sifted compost a cup of worm castings and maybe 1/4 cup high nitrogen guano with like about 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar for I didnt have molases and read it was similar to use instead. It looked like it was gonna be good with the bubbles building froth on top but the next day it was not there so I thought and found some old fish emulsion and poured 2 capfuls then it like instantly started foaming again the next day I watered my plants and the mix.

All in all it never really cooked or had what I had seen mite grow on it fungi? It smelled like a earthy compost and I ended up useing it to top off some pots growing and then transplanted sum clones in 1.6 gal pots with that mix on bottom half and freshh FFOF around sides They did fine so far. and the rest of the mix is just sitting .

Going back and reading some more DocBud brix or TRue high brix stuff and found out I needed to add alfalfa meal for nitrogen I also never got azomite or anything similar so I just got my own mix thats organic now and will use to amend my harvested plant soil. I think I will add more of my 6/5/3 mix to amended soil and maybe some guano trying to keep it for instant use when mixed where it wont get hot

I now use 2tsp of G O biothrive vegan grow and 2tsp "same" bloom fertilizers and some molasses per gal every water on those clones currently as 2 today started flower with my 2 mothers who are gonna get that drink too every water for the firstweek then just 4 tsp of bloom a gal to a week or 2 till end then just 1tsp bloom and malasses to finish at least thats my plan now

You're way off course here for HIgh Brix, bro!

If you want an easy path, try looking at my Strawberry Cough journal. That was before I had laboratory designed soil.

Doc Bud's High Brix - Strawberry Cough - Pineapple Express

Wow DocBud you wouldnt understand the buzz lifter I got seeing you reply here! I have been checking going through some of your journals Not as old as that one but:thanks: I am trying now to just mineralize my mix after seeing so many questions from others in your journals I have realized the way to go is as you say because of all the test and trials that have been done. As far as for me to go easy then it would be to just follow your lead! which I do plan on this year.
Things learned so far: no- ph up down
no compost
no greensand
no guano
no molasses
lots other no's but these I use

Anyways its I understand the reasons enough now if I want true high brix I need to get your kit and have promix Hp and worm castings and follow the directions.

:thumb: Thanks for what you do to help A Riseing Grow Evolution

Back
Top Bottom