Need help - Cannot find answer anywhere

triddle1410

So i started my first few grows in the closet with just a couple plants but closet was small. I ended up upgrading to a 4x4 tent. I ran a 400 watt last time. I had one strains one was blue lemon thai which harvested 4 ounces second plant was blue rhibo which harvested 248 grams just under 9 ounces and both those jumber are after dryed and cured. And let me say again it was only a 400 watt. Now i just upgraded everything to 1000watt with all the little extras inline fans carbon filter co2 and a led booster. Ninety qustion is i want to MAXIMIZE my area. Do you guys think it would be Better to grow maybe to absoulutly monster plants with some tresall Newton and try to get it to cover every square inch or do you think it would 've better tontongrow lets say maybe 6 small to medium-sized plants. If eather choice is the right one what size buckets should i choose. Thanks guys for your attention to this matter. Happy hemping.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Dude, if you just harvested 9 dry ounces from 1 plant of 2 under a 400w I think 90% of us should be asking advice from you. 2 plants dang near 1gr/ watt with a 400. If your that good I would say do the same again.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Dude, if you just harvested 9 dry ounces from 1 plant of 2 under a 400w I think 90% of us should be asking advice from you. 2 plants dang near 1gr/ watt with a 400. If your that good I would say do the same again.

Yea i just up graded my whole system got 1000watt lights new led booster light fans carbon filter the works. Just of i can get 5 lbs next grow that would be awsome. Honsetly i spent so much time with just those two plants im talking 8 hours a day. When it game to feed in thsm nutes i know people say every other week or what there preference is but i gave them to them almost every watering. They loved it. I used just a cheap brand as well. General organics. I can grow killer bud and lots of it. I am just looking to maximize my area should i have more smaller plants or less bigger plants. Any help would be great...

So i started my first few grows in the closet with just a couple plants but closet was small. I ended up upgrading to a 4x4 tent. I ran a 400 watt last time. I had one strains one was blue lemon thai which harvested 4 ounces second plant was blue rhibo which harvested 248 grams just under 9 ounces and both those jumber are after dryed and cured. And let me say again it was only a 400 watt. Now i just upgraded everything to 1000watt with all the little extras inline fans carbon filter co2 and a led booster. Ninety qustion is i want to MAXIMIZE my area. Do you guys think it would be Better to grow maybe to absoulutly monster plants with some tresall Newton and try to get it to cover every square inch or do you think it would 've better tontongrow lets say maybe 6 small to medium-sized plants. If eather choice is the right one what size buckets should i choose. Thanks guys for your attention to this matter. Happy hemping.

420-magazine-mobile526581098.jpg
420-magazine-mobile110981593.jpg
420-magazine-mobile66829925.jpg
420-magazine-mobile844193060.jpg
420-magazine-mobile856133747.jpg
420-magazine-mobile867110172.jpg

I prefer more, smaller plants to fewer big plants. It can provide more variety and quicker turnover of the grow because you veg for a shorter time. It can provide you with one extra crop per year with lots of choices of med's. You also hedge your bets. If one plant has a problem, it isn't as big of a disaster.

Yea i just up graded my whole system got 1000watt lights new led booster light fans carbon filter the works. Just of i can get 5 lbs next grow that would be awsome. Honsetly i spent so much time with just those two plants im talking 8 hours a day. When it game to feed in thsm nutes i know people say every other week or what there preference is but i gave them to them almost every watering. They loved it. I used just a cheap brand as well. General organics. I can grow killer bud and lots of it. I am just looking to maximize my area should i have more smaller plants or less bigger plants. Any help would be great...

If you can grow 5 pounds with 1000 watts in a 4x4 tent, I want to sign up and take lessons from you because until you do it, I would have thought it was impossible to grow 5 pounds in a 4x4 tent. I just harvested my Huckleberry and got a little over 12 oz off her but her footprint was 4x4 and would have filled a 4x4 tent all by her self. Granted I was slightly disappointed in only getting 12 oz from her I was shooting for more like 16 but 80 oz from a 4x4 footprint... this I would love to see. When you start your adventure please start a journal, because this is something I really want to follow along with.

If you can grow 5 pounds with 1000 watts in a 4x4 tent, I want to sign up and take lessons from you because until you do it, I would have thought it was impossible to grow 5 pounds in a 4x4 tent. I just harvested my Huckleberry and got a little over 12 oz off her but her footprint was 4x4 and would have filled a 4x4 tent all by her self. Granted I was slightly disappointed in only getting 12 oz from her I was shooting for more like 16 but 80 oz from a 4x4 footprint... this I would love to see. When you start your adventure please start a journal, because this is something I really want to follow along with.
According to his posts he just finished his very first grow at the end of june or july of this year. Somebody is a narural or....
Sorry but dang..

Would only be about 2.7 grams per watt lmao

I prefer more, smaller plants to fewer big plants. It can provide more variety and quicker turnover of the grow because you veg for a shorter time. It can provide you with one extra crop per year with lots of choices of med's. You also hedge your bets. If one plant has a problem, it isn't as big of a disaster.
Thanks man thats what i was looking for was some advice like that. I never even took into consideration thise things. Thanks for your help bud i appreciate it.

Im new to this website and these forms how would i go about starting a journal. And with the number 5 pounds that was just a number. I have no what my full potential is in yhat tent and thats what im trying to do. I got just over 13ounces i veged clones for three weeks then threw in flowering. Now mind you that was very cheap organic nutes small light cheap fans no co2. This tine tho i am goibg to runn all the best of the best and i am ready to rock and roll. I will look into starting that journal. I appreciate your feed back.. haooy hemping

According to his posts he just finished his very first grow at the end of june or july of this year. Somebody is a narural or....
Sorry but dang..

Yes technically this was MY first grow. I have been in the garden since i was a young boy. Probably around when i was 12 or so and have been around ever since. I am 23 now going to be 24 next month. I have been around it for some time now, but this was my first tone were it was all me. No one helped or anything. Always before there was someone around friends or grandfather or stepfather. So yes this was my first grow..

Im new to this website and these forms how would i go about starting a journal. And with the number 5 pounds that was just a number. I have no what my full potential is in yhat tent and thats what im trying to do. I got just over 13ounces i veged clones for three weeks then threw in flowering. Now mind you that was very cheap organic nutes small light cheap fans no co2. This tine tho i am goibg to runn all the best of the best and i am ready to rock and roll. I will look into starting that journal. I appreciate your feed back.. haooy hemping

If you look at the bottom of my post there are links that you can click on which will explain how to post pictures, start a journal and many other helpful things for new people here. I think perhaps you may be a little confused by the weight thing. For example you say you got 13 oz from vegging a clone for 3 weeks then flipping her to flower with a 400 watt HPS. Having grown for a little bit of my life I am assuming your 13 oz are wet weights, where as when I say I grew a huckleberry kush on my last grow and got just a smidgen over 12 oz I am referring to dry weight. While it is possible to estimate dry weight from wet weight, that is not the measurement most growers use because it is not as accurate. 5 pounds wet weight may be attainable in a 4x4 but dry weight? Not going to happen.
I should have mentioned the fact about dry weights verse wet weights in my original post but my mind was on other things at the time. Dry your 13 ounces and cure it then weigh it again. That is what you actually grew. my guess is you will have around 3 ounces dry which is not a bad pull from your 1st grow especially with just a 400 watt HPS. On my 1st grow after taking a 30 year break in growing I pulled just over 4 oz per plant dry and I was ecstatic. Hence the reason I said if you can pull 5 pounds of dry weight from a 4x4 tent using one 1,000 watt HPS I want to have you teach me.

Personally if I was to grow HPS in a 4x4 I would go with the 600 watt instead only because the 600 is more efficient then the 1,000 or 400 as far as power consumed/light output.. but that is just me, I do not like big electric bills

I think perhaps you may be a little confused by the weight thing. For example you say you got 13 oz from vegging a clone for 3 weeks then flipping her to flower with a 400 watt HPS. Having grown for a little bit of my life I am assuming your 13 oz are wet weights, where as when I say I grew a huckleberry kush on my last grow and got just a smidgen over 12 oz I am referring to dry weight. While it is possible to estimate dry weight from wet weight, that is not the measurement most growers use because it is not as accurate. 5 pounds wet weight may be attainable in a 4x4 but dry weight? Not going to happen.
I would usually agree with you OG, except the OP said...

I had one strains one was blue lemon thai which harvested 4 ounces second plant was blue rhibo which harvested 248 grams just under 9 ounces and both those jumber are after dryed and cured.

:jawdropper:

13 oz. from a 4X4 is easily attainable...OP just wants to maximize his yield in that space...think Major hit it...a few smaller, rather than 2 biggun's would be the way to go...all that extra wattage is a lot more heat...butt...sounds like he has that part covered...tribble...when you get up and running...by all means start a journal...support out the Ying Yang here at ...:420:...cheerz...h00k...

Mmm, that is what i have to say !

Proof is in the pudding or at least a journal... ye i'm a 400w hps man myself for the last few years & know what i can pull with that with various training styles :thumb:

If you look at the bottom of my post there are links that you can click on which will explain how to post pictures, start a journal and many other helpful things for new people here. I think perhaps you may be a little confused by the weight thing. For example you say you got 13 oz from vegging a clone for 3 weeks then flipping her to flower with a 400 watt HPS. Having grown for a little bit of my life I am assuming your 13 oz are wet weights, where as when I say I grew a huckleberry kush on my last grow and got just a smidgen over 12 oz I am referring to dry weight. While it is possible to estimate dry weight from wet weight, that is not the measurement most growers use because it is not as accurate. 5 pounds wet weight may be attainable in a 4x4 but dry weight? Not going to happen.
I should have mentioned the fact about dry weights verse wet weights in my original post but my mind was on other things at the time. Dry your 13 ounces and cure it then weigh it again. That is what you actually grew. my guess is you will have around 3 ounces dry which is not a bad pull from your 1st grow especially with just a 400 watt HPS. On my 1st grow after taking a 30 year break in growing I pulled just over 4 oz per plant dry and I was ecstatic. Hence the reason I said if you can pull 5 pounds of dry weight from a 4x4 tent using one 1,000 watt HPS I want to have you teach me.

Personally if I was to grow HPS in a 4x4 I would go with the 600 watt instead only because the 600 is more efficient then the 1,000 or 400 as far as power consumed/light output.. but that is just me, I do not like big electric bills
And i never weigh my bud wet there is no point. I got 13 oz from two plants under a 400watt light dried and cured. I just upgraded everything like i saod i have no clue of five pounds is possable out of a 4×4 tent but i am going to try. I was just lookong for help weather to go two huge monsters or 6medium planys and i am going to go woth smaller ones. Because if something happens and i onlu have two plants i could lose it all if i have smaller ones and problems arise i can fix with out having all my eggs in a basket.

Back
Top Bottom