Need help first time grow!

mcbonez

Hiya, this is my first ever grow and could do with some info and quick tips about taking a cutting from a plant . . . I started my grow which was a Lowryder Feminised Autoflower, at 4 week i broke a stem off my plant which had a flower on it i did not intend to do this! So i quickly got hold of some rooting hormone powder dip the stem in and plant it not thinking it would make it. So 2 week later i had a look at the bottom of the plant pot and it has a root popping out :)???

Will this clone plant be at the same stage as its mother plant?

The plant is 2 week old since it rooted but 6 week old since the mother plant produced the stem?

Will i have to harvest it at the same time as the mother plant?

Will this clone plant be female?

Is it possible to turn this clone plant into seed?

Would the seed produced by the clone produce the same plant and good quality of weed?

Thanks for taking your time to look at my post hope i dont sound too stupid . . .

I didn't think one could clone feminised autoflower. Guess I'm wrong on that, being you have roots. Congrats! It will indeed be the same quality of the mother and yes, it will be a female, but no, you can't make seeds from a feminised plant. You won't harvest it at the same time at the mother plant either. Treat it like a new born baby. It would be best to allow it to go back into vegetation if you have the patience (6 weeks). It will turn into a nice bushy plant. As long as you clone only from a mother. The quality will be the same. It's when you clone from a clone from a clone, that the quality goes down. Good luck and enjoy the fruits of your labor! Most important. TELL NO ONE!

I didn't think one could clone feminised autoflower. Guess I'm wrong on that, being you have roots. Congrats! It will indeed be the same quality of the mother and yes, it will be a female, but no, you can't make seeds from a feminised plant. You won't harvest it at the same time at the mother plant either. Treat it like a new born baby. It would be best to allow it to go back into vegetation if you have the patience (6 weeks). It will turn into a nice bushy plant. As long as you clone only from a mother. The quality will be the same. It's when you clone from a clone from a clone, that the quality goes down. Good luck and enjoy the fruits of your labor! Most important. TELL NO ONE!

So i cant get it to turn into seed at all by changing light cycle or something? So it will take 8 week from rooting till harvest just like the mother plant so say i took the cutting when the plant was 8week would it take another 8week for the clone to be harvest? Thinking about putting it on windowsill not very much sun in UK but need my cupboard to dry the mother plant when ready what you think about this will it just slow the plants growth? Also can i prolong the veg stage on a autoflowering plant or will it just do its 8 week cycle as normal?

Thanks for your info mate :D

You need a male and female to produce seed. Not sure on the strain you're growing, but generally it takes 60-65 days from flowering (not from rooting) to harvest. I have seen some precious strains flower at 45 days from flower but that's pretty rare. Sorry I don't have any experience with autoflowering and their veg state. It's an interesting question as usually you can put a plant back to veg. Google it. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom