Need help selecting the right LED

itshotinhere

Hello all,

This is my first post so bare with me.

My room, although not ideal can work. Its 3' x 5" deep, 7' x 5" wide and 6' in height. The walls are fixed with the door in the centre so working on plants at either end would be challenging.

At this stage I'm considering 2 DWC buckets and using SCROG. With only 6' in height available I'm considering LED as their depth is between 3-6 inches and I'll need every inch of height by the time plants mature, even with SCROG. Although LED's don't run as hot there are some dim-able LED's but I don't know much about them.

I would also consider a light mover, I've noticed that the physical space of my room doesn't work well with the coverage area of many lights. Of course now I'm wondering what size LED should I look at? Something at 800-900 watts or maybe two 300-450 watt units where the coverage between the 2 smaller lights may actually be better.

Any suggestions are welcome as there is so much mud in the LED waters it makes it tough to feel good about selecting a quality LED grow light.

Thanks!

I believe the OP mean 3'5" x 7'5" x 6' which is approximately 25.5 sq. ft.

just could not wrap my gour around that!! :cheesygrinsmiley: if that is so the possibilities are endless... start with a budget and see what you can get to fit that first. Look at the vendors here, they have worked hard and sponsor us to be here.

Hi and sorry about the confusion... my bad, but ColoradoHigh was correct. I'm green as grass and am in the process of setting up my first garden using DWC and hope to be up and running in 3-4 weeks. I've had a chance to look at some of the LED sponsors and I'm sure I'll be able to find a light from one of them. Any thoughts on wattage, a light mover and number of plants? Will using a light mover with the LED (depending on wattage) allow me to fill the space with plants, or should I stick with a single plant?

Thanks again and I appreciate the insight from those who know...

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom