Need help with amount of lights

Smokem did she perk up a little today?

Also check out my journal in like a hour or so. I am about to put up a recipe for some ultra delicious organic bud pasta. I am making it now and its only got like 5-10 more mins till ready. Imma take a pic of the finished product then chow down. N after I am done ill post the pics and recipe on my journal.

Thanks! I appreciate all the help you two have given thus far. I'm gonna throw as much light as I can at em. When I have my space set up ill drop some pics. Should be in the next few days. I hung the first section of mylar and it looks great.

Remember with t5 you generally want them as close as possible without touching. With all lights you want them as close as can be. Its just with florescent that distance is much less.

Smokem did she perk up a little today?

Also check out my journal in like a hour or so. I am about to put up a recipe for some ultra delicious organic bud pasta. I am making it now and its only got like 5-10 more mins till ready. Imma take a pic of the finished product then chow down. N after I am done ill post the pics and recipe on my journal.

Hey Jimmy!!
YEAH BRO:) She was a happy girl this morning! I was expecting to see a dead drooping plant this morn, but opened the door and she was all happy hands up in the air:yahoo::thanks:
I flushed her, and also added some Seasol-seaweed extract to try help some microbes.. Ive been looking at google and checking for species of mites. Now the closest ive seen to what i saw, was either the young stage of predator soil mites,GOOD, or the young SPIDER MITES - NOT GOOD! Miwa posted a helpful vid on my journal, if you have a look at the page, theres 2 predator mites in the pic, ones a reddish color and the others clear - very similar to what i saw.
So i checked her leaves and can find no trace of mites on her, but i saw couple more mites on the pot only.. As long as there is no damage to Cindy well they should be ok to have in my soil. I dont like the idea of having them at all, but if theyre harmless well its ok for now. Thanks for your advice last night, i think ive burned a couple of leaves, but thats small sacrifice.
Some of the very tips of her fans are turning brown, do you think its start of slight Nute burn too? Or is this normal?
Overall her foliage is healthy, her shoots are great and she is getting tall as now. Hope she hits 3.5ft by end of month or middle nxt mnth.2.5 month Veg.
Thanks again Jimmy:) SMOKEM...:welldone:

As ive conversed with some other members about CFL's, including t5's etc; they will Veg great, but we had similar opinions on the growth of buds during flower with them, we agreed that some buds werent as well formed and as dense as HID lit plants.
NOT TO SAY, there arent any out there, just finding buds of comparible size with only CFL/t5 use vs MH use has been hard.
SMOKEMUP;)

C+...grown under (14) 23 watt cfl's..All organic..6 feet tall..gave 8 ounces of large, dense bud(dry weight)

bigns.JPG

C+...grown under (14) 23 watt cfl's..All organic..6 feet tall..gave 8 ounces of large, dense bud(dry weight)

bigns.JPG

Im guessing you lined some of them up along the sides of your grow room?

Hey Jimmy!!
YEAH BRO:) She was a happy girl this morning! I was expecting to see a dead drooping plant this morn, but opened the door and she was all happy hands up in the air:yahoo::thanks:
I flushed her, and also added some Seasol-seaweed extract to try help some microbes.. Ive been looking at google and checking for species of mites. Now the closest ive seen to what i saw, was either the young stage of predator soil mites,GOOD, or the young SPIDER MITES - NOT GOOD! Miwa posted a helpful vid on my journal, if you have a look at the page, theres 2 predator mites in the pic, ones a reddish color and the others clear - very similar to what i saw.
So i checked her leaves and can find no trace of mites on her, but i saw couple more mites on the pot only.. As long as there is no damage to Cindy well they should be ok to have in my soil. I dont like the idea of having them at all, but if theyre harmless well its ok for now. Thanks for your advice last night, i think ive burned a couple of leaves, but thats small sacrifice.
Some of the very tips of her fans are turning brown, do you think its start of slight Nute burn too? Or is this normal?
Overall her foliage is healthy, her shoots are great and she is getting tall as now. Hope she hits 3.5ft by end of month or middle nxt mnth.2.5 month Veg.
Thanks again Jimmy:) SMOKEM...:welldone:

I havent even seen pics of them and I am 99.8% sure they are soilmites. That should tell ya they most likely arnt spidermites. You should of seen when i had 8 plants indoors all with fresh really good organic soil. I come out to water one time and the rims of the pot it was like white and moving. I possibly had a 100 thousand soilmites. I freaked out at first of course. But did a little googling, found out they where not spidermites, realized they are soil mites and are there to eat and break down all the good stuff in my soil. So I took it as a good thing and since they dont go crawling off to go bug other parts of my house and they just stick to the soil and possibly its surrounding pot, I figured I should just let them be.

However now that I use D.E to try and control these stupid fungus gnats. Most or all of my soilmites are probably dead.

Yeah im sure youre right Jimmy:)
They appear harmless to cindy.. Any dark spots on leaves or any patches on leaves ive checked with the scope and nothing there.. NO MOVEMENT!! No bugs on her that i can see, except for the occasional small flying little hopping things that are cool by me, so after last nights scare - im educated about soil mites now! So thats a good thing, learned something new:)
Still theyre Evil lookin farkn things!!! Ill keep an eye on any dead leaf material for some adults to see if theyre that reddish color.. But theres meant to be thousands of species of these soil mites.
And i found a pic of them springtails, Yuck also, that was the weird bug i killed weeks back.. I DONT LIKE THEM EITHER!! Im not an insect friendly man..Especially when it comes to my plants!! THANK YOU FOR HELP BRO:):goodjob:
SMOKEMUP..

Hi CRASH,
Ok well there an example, i have actually seen this pic before.. You got an ok harvest off her, but she duznt look as solid bud wise as my last girl. NOT HATING ON UR GROW MATE, ITS GROUSE! But yeah here s how my buds were ok Crash, with a 400w MH and 400wHPS for flower. % ft 8 oz dry cola's and snacks:)
2012-05-22_17_15_28.jpg
2012-05-22_17_12_45.jpg
2012-05-22_17_13_02.jpg
2012-05-22_17_14_29.jpg

Smokemup,

I noticed on another thread you wrote about wrinkled foil throwing light everywhere. Does that apply to Mylar as well? The Mylar I purchased comes folded from 4' x 6' down to the size of a pack of cards. I lit the grow closet up with 4 bulbs to get a feel and it seemed ok. Opinions anyone?

:Namaste:

Nah Mylar should be right, but i got a 7 x 2 metre roll for $25. So if you can get larger squares just cut it to size, thats all did and it was easier than smaller pieces, Just duct taped it on the wall.. So prob dont go for the pack of card size IMO??

Ok guys,

Here is the 1st stage of my build. Remember I am growing 4 autos that should get to 3 ft max. The total space is not being used. The lights can be lowered or raised. I raised them for viewing purposes. The fixtures will be converted to T5's in a few days. I was able to get someone to help build them for me. Much cheaper than Depot ( I am on a budget! ).

My questions are: The Mylar only goes up 4ft. I have surrounded the height of my grow including the folding doors with Mylar. Is this enough or do I need to cover floors and ceiling?

The small room this closet is in stays around 74 degrees. Should I add a ventilation setup? Humidity will change when I add the soil etc... As of now it reads 70%. I may need a better gauge.

I was thinking about adding 8 23watt CFL's for the middle of the plants. Since these are auto plants I am not sure to wait until flowering or add them now and switch all of the lower kelvin bulbs at flowering.

I know this post asks a ton of questions. Any advice is appreciated! Any thing you see that I can change please feel free to speak up!

Thanks.

photo_1_55.JPG

Hey mate,
Good job!!:thumb:
You should be right now mate, unless you plan on having 6ft plants.. But even then you should be fine as the Mylar will be higher for most of the plants growth.. Lining the roof isnt really necessary, as your light from above will sort of act as sky light covering your plants.
You need to make sure you have circulating air in your G/space, i usually get small 6 inch desk fans and screw em to the walls, one at the base one in middle and one up top, its bcos i do not have a fully active extraction/induction fan setup. I have a passive air intake via the fans and openings in my space..
Goodluck and youre comn along well.. Later buddy, SMOKEM..

If your humidity in there is truly 70% before plants are in there you will need to fix that. Otherwise mold is not just possible but guaranteed.

Either way you need some kinda vent in and out for your closet. Both to remove humidity and also to put in fresh co2.

Typically a passive hole at the bottom with a outtake fan at the top is best in a closet type space.

Both of you have a great fix with the fans. I am on it. The humidity seems to jump around a bit. I checked it this morning and it was 60%. I checked it a few hours ago and it was 55%. My air conditioning stays on 74 so im not sure. Either way I will do the fan set up.

Thanks for your advice.

Back
Top Bottom