Need help with DIY led build

Hayron1088

Ok so I was at work going thru some old junk and scrap and I found a 3x3 aluminum plate roughy 1/8 inch thick. I would like to build my own led light and I feel that this plate would be a perfect start! I have watched videos, read countless threads and I would just like to hear from all you seasoned pros! The light will have to be powerful enough to grow Atleast 4 plants all topped twice and LST performed. Would it be cheaper to just buy a new light? Anyone have a list of products to buy so I don’t have to spend weeks sourcing the right material? Keep in mind that I’m not exactly an electrical god..:rip: realistically if I were to buy a new light I would like to keep it under $500.00 usd so I guess building a light I hope would be far cheaper right? I want to do this right and don’t want to do trial and error until I get it right. Would like to buy it all in one go and get to work. Is this possible? Or should I just buy new light(s)?I’m completely fascinated with LED lighting, why? Not exactly sure but everytime I see my quantum boards or others I get excited like I just won a brand new car, weird I know:kiss: I hope this endeavor will be easier then what I’ve read and witnessed online!!

Howdy do. I like your idea.. I have no idea about building your own light.. a few people have and they work great.. but if you have a budget of 500, you could purchase a light that is designed for your needs and comes with a warranty.. check all the sponsors on here. They have discount codes all the time. Personally, I would buy a light.. but it will be watching closely, as I like home builds too... Good luck mate...

Howdy do. I like your idea.. I have no idea about building your own light.. a few people have and they work great.. but if you have a budget of 500, you could purchase a light that is designed for your needs and comes with a warranty.. check all the sponsors on here. They have discount codes all the time. Personally, I would buy a light.. but it will be watching closely, as I like home builds too... Good luck mate...
I probably will be buying a new light but won’t give up on the DIY. I’m loving the new FC series from @Mars Hydro but that won’t be purchased for another couple months(wife says I have enough haha) I just want to buy the right LED strips or diodes or whatever is the correct path. Maybe Narshydro can convince me to stop using my current light setup? I see they do a whole lot of giveaways but I never have the luck of receiving there products. Thanks for replying though and once I get an accurate list I will post my build!

I probably will be buying a new light but won’t give up on the DIY. I’m loving the new FC series from @Mars Hydro but that won’t be purchased for another couple months(wife says I have enough haha) I just want to buy the right LED strips or diodes or whatever is the correct path. Maybe Narshydro can convince me to stop using my current light setup? I see they do a whole lot of giveaways but I never have the luck of receiving there products. Thanks for replying though and once I get an accurate list I will post my build!
AHH! The wife. I have the same one:laugh: I've just bought new extraction and she is going bonkers at the cost:laugh: there's a lad on here that may be able to point you in the right direction. He built his own. I will give him a shout.. @VetSmoke85 . Sorry to disturb you mate. Is this something you can help with?
Thanks

Edit:. @Hayron1088 Tag me in on the build mate

AHH! The wife. I have the same one:laugh: I've just bought new extraction and she is going bonkers at the cost:laugh: there's a lad on here that may be able to point you in the right direction. He built his own. I will give him a shout.. @VetSmoke85 . Sorry to disturb you mate. Is this something you can help with?
Thanks

Edit:. @Hayron1088 Tag me in on the build mate
Yeah I used the 3500K Bridgelux EB Gen 2 strips. Build link here. @Hayron1088

Just purchased a refurbished HLG 600 Scorpion R Spect for $499 and a Scorpion Diablo for $899, they only have a 1 year warranty but would expect if anything will go wrong it would happen in less than a yeat.

Very high rated lamp.

I think the answer to, "would it just be cheaper to buy a new light?" is yeah, probably. I build stuff all the time and most of the time it is cheaper to just buy something that already exists. The real power of building your own is when what you want to build doesn't already exist :)

I think the answer to, "would it just be cheaper to buy a new light?" is yeah, probably. I build stuff all the time and most of the time it is cheaper to just buy something that already exists. The real power of building your own is when what you want to build doesn't already exist :)
Would you be able to elaborate on spectrum scales? I’m growing different plants in different rooms, my library is filled with seedlings of various plants(flowers, cactus,misc. vine plants,etc) and the other room is my green medicine. I’ll post the three spectrums of lights I’m currently looking at and if possible could you briefly tell me how to read it and determine what spectrum would be best for cannabis? Sorry if this sounds confusing as I’m not very good at explaining in text format.

Anyone can chime in if they know how to read this and determine the best option simply put.
F3F2098E-EE28-4AB8-8DD2-EAD74C708949.png
9F68E1E7-80F7-4C2D-AEDF-E79B1193477F.jpeg
867D9D16-7446-491A-BD2E-29A0A97A1CC5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom