Need help with nutes

Firsttimer1

420 Member
Hey!
I have ordered the general hydroponics FloraSeries trio. I have no clue what to do with it once it comes. I know this is probably a common question but i am super confused. I am seeing a lot of different information online and dont know what to do.
I am growing 1 wedding gelato plant it is still in the vegetative stage. Its around exactly 1 month from planting. I am growing outdoors in miami in soil. I used fox farm ocean forest mix. I transplated the plant from a solo cup a little a little bit under 2 weeks ago into a bigger pot.
The leaves have been turning yellow and i was told it looks hungry and needs to be fed.
Can someone explain how i should feed it?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey!
I have ordered the general hydroponics FloraSeries trio. I have no clue what to do with it once it comes. I know this is probably a common question but i am super confused. I am seeing a lot of different information online and dont know what to do.
I am growing 1 wedding gelato plant it is still in the vegetative stage. Its around exactly 1 month from planting. I am growing outdoors in miami in soil. I used fox farm ocean forest mix. I transplated the plant from a solo cup a little a little bit under 2 weeks ago into a bigger pot.
The leaves have been turning yellow and i was told it looks hungry and needs to be fed.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
I saw some feeding charts but they just confuse me more

Use the chart for soil, pretty self explanatory, you do not need anything but the first three nutes listed, especially for the first go round with new nutes (you would feed, at this point, using the "Growing" column):

Flora Series | Soil​

General Hydroponics Flora Series

If these work for you great, if not next time get nutes that are more slanted for soil grows, not hydro, the manufacturer says they'll work, so happy growing.

I hope this information helps you.
There is more info at the bottom of my signature also "everything you need to know"

Use the chart for soil, pretty self explanatory, you do not need anything but the first three nutes listed, especially for the first go round with new nutes (you would feed, at this point, using the "Growing" column):

Flora Series | Soil​

General Hydroponics Flora Series

If these work for you great, if not next time get nutes that are more slanted for soil grows, not hydro, the manufacturer says they'll work, so happy growing.
Does it make a diff how much water i dilute it with?

Maybe it is the sunlight but the plant's leaves do not look all that yellow. It is the brown spots on the fingers of the leaf that I feel have to be watched.

Does it make a diff how much water i dilute it with?
You are already on your way with that.

Learn to tell when the soil is getting dry. The pot will feel lighter. The soil will look drier. Some people use their finger to feel how dry the soil is about an inch down. That takes some practice.

Follow the feeding chart for the fertilizers that you bought. Start with the "Growing" column as @Phytoplankton mention. When it is feeding day measure the amount from each bottle as shown in the chart into a liter of water.

Get a clear soda or juice bottle, take the label off, use a measuring cup and put a liter of water in the bottle and put a mark on the bottle with a magic marker or similar. Add another liter of water and mark for a two liter amount.

Use a pipette or similar that will measure out small amounts like the milliliters needed for the diluted amounts. Water when the soil is getting dry. Read up on the ways to tell when the soil is dry since over-watering is one of the biggest mistakes many new growers make. Try not to fall into the trap of watering on your schedule. Let the plant determine when, how much, and how often.

Pipettes and measuring tools for the small amounts like milliliters are at most decent hydro and grow shops. No point in ordering something that might cost you about a dollar at most.

Some people will tell you to jump through all kinds of hoops with measuring the pH of everything. Since you are in a decent soil mix and not a hydro method the only thing you will need to know is the pH of the water when watering.

The photo shows a syringe and a pipette that I use for measuring small amounts.

you might want to get some calmag as well. it's good to have around and you'll probably need to add it to your feed at some point.

ph up and down are also good to have even if you grow in a buffered media. you might not use them but they are great to have if you need to correct an issue.

as others have mentioned, go by the charts for measurements, a couple syringes are all you'll need to measure the nutes. it's a good idea to get a small bucket you can use to mix your feed with the water.

Back
Top Bottom