Need help with project

apple92

HI.
me and my friend picked up a bag and we found some seeds, bu instead of throwing them away we decided to plant them as an experiment.
P.S. we never grown before, we know only some basics, live in an environment where is not that hot, we dont understand jack sh$t about nutrients or stuff like that, and also we're kinda poor unfortunately... but this was just an experiment so don't be too harsh.
We planted 3 seeds into one jar. The soil that was used was meant for growing tomatoes, so it probably has some nutrients. During the summertime the pot was placed on the balcony and was watered. The seeds spread, but ultimately only 1 plant survived because as we later found out it was over watered... later we had to move the plant because the parents didn't approve of our experiment...
We moved it to the basement, made a small box, and added the light. The plant becomes taller and taller but the leaves are getting yellow on the sides, and we don't know what the problem is. when we moved the plant i read a forum and thought it was getting too much nutrients. so we replanted it into about 70% normal soil - 30% of the same tomato soil. It continues to grow but still gets those leaves. can someone please help out?
P.S. Ph level is unknown as we don't have a meter nor the finances to get one, or any other nutes (but please give any information possible)
P.P.S. also we live in a poor country, this is not US and we dont have that big of a choise on nutes. best ones i've seen were for all types of plants....
here are some pics. I know the grow place is really sh&tty and the're no fan, but yeah, this is what we have to work with. Also, just use normal tap water to water it...

Ok firstly make sure you have enough light and it needs to be the right type of spectrum of light. 6400 or 6500k (aka kelvin) Also make sure the light is close enough to the plant. I got a feeling you do not have neough light on the plant and that the lights are not close enough, thats why its growing so tall but not many leaves.

Do not worry about nutrients for now, unless maybe you have some compost you can add that on top of the soil. Later when you decide to flower the plant just get some all purpose flower nutrients from local store, itll work ok and use as directed don't use too much.

Good luck, hope its a girl plant.

Welcome to 420 =)

You never need to apologise for the environment in which you find yourself, we come from all walks of life and the herb is all that matters.

few basics to start you off.

You need a bigger pot with a lot more soil in it. repot the plant so that those bottom leaves are above the top of the pot and fill up with soil. you should have soil almost up to those leaves and lots of room below for roots to grow.

When watering, water the whole soil very well and then do not water again until its dry, putting small watering in the soil is bad, can cause dry spots and lots of troubles.

there does appear to be signs of nutrition burn, the tomato soil may be too strong. best thing you can do for soil for cheap is to find somewhere outdoors that is growing beautiful and take some of that soil, cook it in the oven to kill bad things, then mix in some nice gravel for drainage.

for food you can use liquid seaweed (should be available in any country there is gardening shops) and any multi purpose food, just don't use it too strong.

ideally you should find organic foods as they are easier for the plant to work with and are less likely to build up bad salts or burn the plant.

Back
Top Bottom