Need help!

DopeLife

420 Member
I seeded 16 seeds and only 1 was strong enough to grow. First time growing and I need you help/opinion on this plant. It started growing fat tips went from 7 to 9 to now 13, but no signs of buds. Some leafs are darker than others and some super bright. The light has been off for 2 days. Is it to late to move it in a bigger pot? Would a move stress the plant?
Thanks in advance.

2F2D8679-A9F8-4CAC-9DE6-AFE54DF5B304.jpeg

Here’s more pics.

B1DD4BCF-C6D8-4C9E-86C1-493E7A5F5D3A.jpeg

D6CC1776-A8AF-4682-866C-C3A22D35DA73.jpeg

31947F0F-E9A5-4F99-96AD-F24E1FD44B32.jpeg
Beautiful girl my friend. Welcome to 420magazine. :welcome:
What's in her pot? What you feeding. Ph? Temps? What size is the pot she's in.
Was it a feminized seed do you know if its a girl?

Welcome to the forum @DopeLife :welcome: :passitleft:
I seeded 16 seeds and only 1 was strong enough to grow. First time growing and I need you help/opinion on this plant. It started growing fat tips went from 7 to 9 to now 13, but no signs of buds. Some leafs are darker than others and some super bright. The light has been off for 2 days. Is it to late to move it in a bigger pot? Would a move stress the plant?
Thanks in advance.

Whether it's an auto or a reg or a fem, they have to mature before they even show sex (male or female) usually about 30 to 40 days from sprout before you see any action...usually when it matures the nodes (branches) will start to stagger instead of being across from each other...and hell yes transplant :thumb: and don't use those clay pots :thedoubletake: they're hell on cannabis roots, they want to stick to the side, look into some fabric pots

I don’t know the strain, my MIL gave me the seeds. The light schedule was: 6am to 8/9pm and the pot size is a 8” diameter
And BTW, they look good :thumb: ...another tip :passitleft:I have my lights come on at night, to help keep humidity and heat from being a problem during the hot parts of the day, not to mention it's not "peak hours" where they charge you more :goodluck:

I'm gonna say that since its got to that size and hasn't started flowering that it is a photoperiod plant. It won't start flowering until you change the light cycle to 12 on 12 off. It has to be 12 hours of total darkness too. In the first few weeks of flowering the plant will stretch and potentially double in size, or more. So beware of how tall you let her grow before initiating flowering.

My MIL gave the seeds (she in TX I’m in TN), don’t know the strain nor sex! (Bummer). I started using fox farm fertilizer. 6-4-4 then to 0-0.5-0.7 now 2-8-4

I hope I’m doing this right lol

been a smoker not a grower

image.jpg
Here's the feeding schedule for those :thumb: I use them also
FF trio.JPG

I'm gonna say that since its got to that size and hasn't started flowering that it is a photoperiod plant. It won't start flowering until you change the light cycle to 12 on 12 off. It has to be 12 hours of total darkness too. In the first few weeks of flowering the plant will stretch and potentially double in size, or more. So beware of how tall you let her grow before initiating flowering.
Thank you! I’ll have to build a bigger/taller box. ☺️

Whether it's an auto or a reg or a fem, they have to mature before they even show sex (male or female) usually about 30 to 40 days from sprout before you see any action...usually when it matures the nodes (branches) will start to stagger instead of being across from each other...
What MochaBud mentions. It looks like that plant has just started to to get mature enough to have the nodes alternate. Probably another week or two before it is mature enough to start flowering if the period of uninterrupted dark is long enough.

What MochaBud mentions. It looks like that plant has just started to to get mature enough to have the nodes alternate. Probably another week or two before it is mature enough to start flowering if the period of uninterrupted dark is long enough.
Can you tell if it’s make or female? Aren’t they supposed to pollinate with one another (if it’s indeed a photoperiod plant). I just took some more pics before I let it hibernate for 12 hrs of darkness.

3C708494-2886-4467-AFFA-8EBCC8BDCEC1.jpeg

Can you tell if it’s make or female? Aren’t they supposed to pollinate with one another (if it’s indeed a photoperiod plant). I just took some more pics before I let it hibernate for 12 hrs of darkness.

Are there any little white hairs showing yet. If not as soon as she has been in flower for a couple days she will reveal herself as female, hopefully.
Right where the branches join main stem, either balls or wispy hairs will appear.
Bill

If it was a male it would be showing by now...but, look at the stalk where the branches are, and you'll notice a bump with a little white hair coming out, that would be a female :thumb: if it's a little thread looking thing with balls hanging on it well, I think balls said it all...you can collect pollen or chuck 'em out :goodluck:

Looks girly to me. Change that pot, it wont hurt it a bit, you are going to get root bound. Pot plants can take a huge amount of abuse, research supercropping, because if that's as high as your light goes, you are GUARANTEED to run out of space. As far as your feed goes and water habits goes, whatever you are doing continue, because that plant looks beautifully cared for. Here's a idea of what supercropping does. CHeers!

IMG_20190727_093516006_HDR.jpg

Whether it is a photoperiod or autoflower plant the male produces the pollen and the pollen gets onto the pistils on the female plant. There are many plants that have both male and female in the same flower but not Marijuana. With Marijuana there can be all female flowers or all male flowers or sometimes both male & female flowers on the same plant.

...If this is a male plant then there will be lots of seeds (correct?!)
I hope you mean "lots of male flowers" since males do not produce seeds. The male flower part might look like a large seed but when it opens it will look like a small bunch of bananas and it might even turn yellow.

Give it time. In a week or two you will have a better idea of which sex your plant is.

Back
Top Bottom