Need help

OgAnt97

420 Member
My stealth grow box is now set up trying to figure out the best placement for 2 pc fans and best placement venting as well as installing an 4in intake fan with carbon filter.
Any good advice is the best advice.
IMG_20240308_174835.jpg

Those cabinets are notoriously not air tight so you'll need to either seal them somehow (maybe silicone the joints) and get a good exit fan with carbon filter (you don't need on on the intake as long as the out flow is strong enough to not let the smells get out, at least in flower.

In veg it's not as much of an issue.

Welcome to the site!

What do you mean by "Those cabinets are notoriously not air tight so you'll need to either seal them somehow (maybe silicone the joints)".
And This is what's coming in plus I have 2 pc fans

IMG_20240308_191209.jpg

The joints between the back plate and the sides and the top and the sides typically aren't tight so they can let smells escape. Not much of an issue in veg as I said, but in flower it can be unless the gpdan is string enough to create negative air pressure.

You growing in one or both sides? Open up the middle and make it bigger?
Growing one side the other side for drying
You could make it bigger like @OGpapa said, then you use the whole cabinet for growing and then you could use the whole cabinet for drying when you harvest. Depending on humidity and temp, I usually have my plants hanging to dry only for around a week. Then a quick trim and into the jars.

:passitleft:

how many plants are you planning on running in the cabinet ? where is the space the cabinet is gonna be ? if it's in an open living are you may want to rethink.

for most grows i've never worried about airtight. it's more about managing exhaust than anything. you want fresh air constantly drawn into the grow space. sealing it up is counter to the process.

light tight is a different matter and requires different strategy.

You could make it bigger like @OGpapa said, then you use the whole cabinet for growing and then you could use the whole cabinet for drying when you harvest.
Or harvest, trim and dry in paper grocery bags which can be on a shelf in an out of the way closet. That way the grow box can be cleaned out and have the next grow started within a day.

It has been awhile since the original poster has been around and wondering how the set-up with the fan and filter is going.

Back
Top Bottom