New 250W Closet Grow HPS

Medicinal guy

420 Member
I just started a wee grow a few weeks ago.I ordered some Purple Amnesia auto seeds but I had some problems germing most of them so ended up ordering more of different strains. That's why half of my plants are almost a month old and the other 3 are still seedlings.
Anyway I dont know how many people will actually see this thread as I've found these forums are really quiet a lot of the time sadly. So if people see it and offer advice etc. then awesome but if not it's great we diary for myself to keep track.
I've got a Purple Amnesia auto and Sucker punch auto i got free with the P.A.seeds that are both at 25 days since seed and there's another Purp.Amn.auto,a Critical Kush ph. prd. and a Blue Cheese ph.prd that are all at 7 days since seed.
I've never grown photos before so I'm actually really looking forward to seeing how i do. I'm not gonna veg them for a super long time maybe 25 days or so. Well see how it goes. I'm using a little 250W HPS dual Spec in my modified bedroom wardrobe but hopefully it's enough to see a decent wee yeild at the end. I'm not greedy lol. Is my 6th grow overall and my 4th successful grow (hopefully) since i managed to get really bad mod problems in the first 2 and i had to Chuck most of my plants both times.
Some pics below from today. I'll keep updating the thread.
Light:250W dual sp HPS
Soil:Bio Bizz light mix\6 Litre square pots
Vent: 4 inch inline fan\filter.Computer fan
Nutes:Veg-Flairform 1 part soil Grow. Bloom: Ionic
1 part soil Bloom.
20170403_1248071.jpg
20170403_1247311.jpg
20170402_1941171.jpg
20170402_1938001.jpg

Re: New 250W Closet Grow. HPS

Looks good so far, why don't you get some white paint and paint the inside of that wardrobe will be a he'll of a lot brighter for the plants

Watch out for light leaks with photo plants once in flowering

And good luck they ain't that much different to autos to be honest

Yeah, getting the inside of that wardrobe brighter has been on my mind. Ive got some Panda film in my friends flat so hopefully I'll get round to picking that up in the next few days.
It's really dark in the little side room they're in, even during the day so with the wardrobe door shut they're in pitch darkness.
My biggest problems been the water here. Its got a lot of chloramine in it. The plants really don't like it. I had a hell of a time trying to germ seeds with it b4 i switched to bottled.
I can't afford to use anything else for the plants themselves so i started using vitamin C tablets to dechloraminate it and Jeez, what a difference. They all started perking up, especially the seedlings, after i had watered them a couple of times with the de-chloraminated stuff.

No that's Chlorine you're thinking of there mate. They use chloramine in some areas here in the uk to disinfect tap water.
Chloramine only gases off once you add a reactant to it. Vitamin C turns Cloramine into chlorine.

Hi. Yeah the Vit C reacts and turns the Chloramine into Chlorine gas and Ammonia is released also.It just evaporates into the air harmlessly.

You know what? I've never done it b4 so yeah good idea.Especially since I've only got the 250W and not a great amount of space. I was planning to do a little topping on the photos anyway.

Check my journals out and have a see if you like

I had a look earlier. Nice plants. People say u cant top autos but ive done a few and as long as u do it at the right time I think it's fine. I'm just not topping my current ones because I'm trying to save space for all 5 chick's in my wardrobe.
(Man, i need to invest in a tent)

Day 30 - Larger 2
Day 15 - 3 smaler 1's
Im probably going to take out and put the Blue Cheese onto my windowsill soon because theres no way im gonna have enough room in there once the others really get bigger.
New Pics from this morning.Sozz about the sideways portrait view.My phones screen rotation is gubbed...

Btw, I'm a little self conscious so just wanna say I'm growing in my extension/garage. This is why the floor is grubby concrete. Just incase anyone thinks this is how my house looks lol.

Get some carpet to go under your plants will help the roots keep warmer
Nah it's alright, I only put them on the floor in front of those drawers for a min or 2 to take some pictures. So i can compare and see how much they're stretching. It's plenty warm enough for them in that garage anyway.

Some new pictures. I put 1 in of my set up. Yes I know that i need to get some coverings or paint to give them some brightness in there.I have been really busy though.
I topped my 2 photo periods and they're just now starting to recover.I put my 200W CFL in at the side to veg the Purple Amnesia and the Critical Kush. You can tell it's doing the job because those 2 are now almost twice the size of the Blue Cheese that isn't under the cfl.

Pics from today...
Day 37 and Day 22

Nice big bush you got there pal looking really good growing man

Thanks.Yeah that big one, the Sucker Punch, is getting me a little nervous. My HPS light is as high as it goes and the thing is still stretching and bushing out. It's a meter tall and will into flower now so hopefully it stops pretty soon.

Back
Top Bottom