New Getup: Second Grow Mars Hydro TS 1000

Fenderbender

First grow was here New Getup: First Grow Auto Lemon Haze Kannabia & Sticky Beast that kinda ended with me frying the plants with vinegar due to bugs.

So now we try again, got new smart pots, went for smaller volume and well 4 instead of two..
The Strains are Sticky Beast and possibly some Royal Dwarfs, I started with 4 seeds but mucked up two.. so germinated two more, only one sprouted so had to sprout one more.. so we got two early plants and then one a week later and one two weeks later.

I'm feeding with Hesi Nutrients, they've only gotten root enzymes so far, I think I'll do that now, prepare a bottle of TNT complex feed for the older plants.

My little oscillating fan broke though, I'm sending that out later today for replacement, it's only been one grow that's not right.
so there's not much wind displacement at the moment.. Light is at half power and pretty close to the plants.
hesi-starter-set-voor-aarde.jpg

IMG_2362.JPG

Okay I got the Smartpots as better protection against bugs as the Airpots are basically capsule hotels with unlimited access to all layers of the soil.
But also to be able to measure a better run off as the Airpots are basically a colander.
Now reading the Hesi manual however they say measuring EC is useless with these nutrients something about bioavailability so they say not to try to adjust feeding upon readings but just to stick to the schedule.

I've also got one vinegar trap installed from the get go with 1 entry port small so it's not a bowl offgassing into the tent like crazy and to lure any early visitors that find their way into the tent, in 4 weeks there's two different small critters in it. so it's working and so far no gnats but the soil is very dry currently, I haven't thoroughly watered the pots yet.

I’m In! Your strains sound really good. I need some Lemon Haze for myself! Kannabia, and Sticky Beast sound great aswell! How’s the Sticky Beast? Definitely would like to try that out! I’m going to look up that strain right now, really caught my attention. Great looking grow so far! Come check it out grow journal In my signature, you won’t be disappointed. Barely just started It 5 days ago. :) Goodluck on your grow!

Well the auto lemon haze was last run, free seed from Kannabia new seed company or something, must say the taste was pretty spot on, very classic lemon haze.

Now it's Sticky Beast which is from Zamnesia (Dutch Growshop) so don't know if it's available in yer area, it's supposed to be Bubblegum, OG Kush & Critical Auto crossing.. certainly tastes good and is super fast.. ah yes it's all Autos I'm growing here.. I see you are cloning so probably not for you.

For classic plants I'm a huge fan of Chanel + from Medical Seeds in Spain it's a big bud & skunk crossing that produces large quantities, very classic weed flavour but the hash from it is very herbal and fragrant..
There's another one Frisian Dew from Dutch Passion that's a purple-ish kind and the bud is not that nice but if you vape it or make hash from it again flavour notes I've seldom experienced with weed.

Yep you too! Last time I manipulated the heck out of the plants this time I'm going to do nothing.. Just feed them and see what gives.

It's getting crowded, I've added regular fan but at lamp height so had to raise it somehow.
I was also worried about the wet bottom of the smart pot, fungus or something with no air in between, so I unfolded an airpot and use it to get air underneath the pots.

I wonder how this is gonna turn out, I chose 3 gallon pots as I read that 2,5 should suffice for autos. but I usually oversize pots, 4 is probably too much it's only a half square meter tent.

IMG_2367.JPG

Would you be interested in joining our contest?:green_heart:

Yikes these nutes.. I made them half strength but still, I fed them on Sunday, then I haven't watered till today.
I raised the light this morning so my little green measure hanging off the lamp that indicates 18 inches is above the canopy and the lower left plant that looks totally jacked or tweaked on nutes grew 2 inches since this morning, it also has the tips are burning... makes me wanna try a no feed grow and only supplement some in bloom.
IMG_2370.JPG

Little visual update as well there's not much to do, no gnats, it takes a week between watering although that should increase now with blooming.
My idea this grow was to not touch anything, no bending, just put seeds in and water, I even forgot that as the yellow leaves are damage from underwatering couple of weeks ago.

I now think the three that are flowering are Royal Dwarfs since they are similar, I'm also wondering why the smaller one is flowering along, it was seeded later, is there a chemical signal from the other ones that encourages it along as it hasn't risen as high and should be budding later.

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG

Listersmeghead :D Red Dwarf is still alive!

Don't know what to make of the current grow, well kinda what I expected if you grow autos without doing anything you get tiny christmas trees.
The smart pots behave differently from the air pots, and I kinda mixed in a lot of hydropebble with the soil which I'm not sure is good or bad.

Only one plant got a bit of height, and the Sticky Beast on the right, well that height ain't normal that plant should have grown larger than the royal dwarfs, I really think it's been pulled into flowering earlier by the other plants since normally it's height is bigger and it's time is longer yet it's the youngest plant of the 4. It might still gain some and it will be the last one to cut down.

Just a couple more weeks, when these are done imma use the tent for pregrowing batch of Autos for the greenhouse and after that a bunch of regular femis for outside.

Hey Fender :ciao:
bit unfamiliar with that nutrient line, but from the looks of it the buds are growing dense?
& how's the progress going with the air pots with hydro pebbles mixed in compared to the last grow? better?

Back
Top Bottom