New Grow advice

JayMiami1221

Hello Fellow Growers so I finally invested in a indoor grow set up been fighting the weather and waiting all season to harvest for too long I got a 5x5 gorilla with the HLG 650 R Diablo board carbon filter to a 6 inline one Vornado fan to keep the girls swaying in the breeze 6 organic pots fox farm soil and the entire Canna line for nutes waiting on the babies critical purple kush California dream and ghost train haze to choose from for the first grow any suggestion on which strain to start with height of the board for seedlings veg and flower and last but not least am I missing anything.

Attachments

• 0E8A2EDC-4152-463D-A2A2-AFF02F9A3AF5.jpeg
    0E8A2EDC-4152-463D-A2A2-AFF02F9A3AF5.jpeg
    610.9 KB · Views: 36
I just use a cheap two prong wetness/ph/light want tbh...I tested my water with a pool tester when I started growing about a year and a half ago, found out it was about 7.5, kinda dialed it in over time from that with vinegar (1tbl/gal in every jug of water i serve). The wand tells me I'm right around 7, and while that may not be perfectly accurate, I get a baseline that I can refer to if I need to later.

Most everyone does get a decent PH meter though, the cheap ones are probably shitty before long and the better ones you can calibrate which I understand needs to happen regularly. I myself would rather just wing it, I don't need exact. I also cook that way lol! Soil is super forgiving and issues are easily addressed.

Just remember overwatering is the biggest mistake made here. Perfect pH and the best nutes are meaningless if your girls are drowning! Weed in soil needs a really good dry cycle, water by pot weight (light as a feather!) not by what you are guessing they need or a schedule you made up. Always their schedule not ours!

One more thing your girls won't need any nutes for the first 4-6 weeks in that FF soil. You might see aroud then they'll slow down a bit then you'll know to start adding in your bottled stuff. That doesn't count for cal/mag, that has to start within the first few sets of leaves. There is some cal/mag in plain water, but not enough for indoor lights, our girls need it more!

Wow I rambled...

I just use a cheap two prong wetness/ph/light want tbh...I tested my water with a pool tester when I started growing about a year and a half ago, found out it was about 7.5, kinda dialed it in over time from that with vinegar (1tbl/gal in every jug of water i serve). The wand tells me I'm right around 7, and while that may not be perfectly accurate, I get a baseline that I can refer to if I need to later.

Most everyone does get a decent PH meter though, the cheap ones are probably shitty before long and the better ones you can calibrate which I understand needs to happen regularly. I myself would rather just wing it, I don't need exact. I also cook that way lol! Soil is super forgiving and issues are easily addressed.

Just remember overwatering is the biggest mistake made here. Perfect pH and the best nutes are meaningless if your girls are drowning! Weed in soil needs a really good dry cycle, water by pot weight (light as a feather!) not by what you are guessing they need or a schedule you made up. Always their schedule not ours!

One more thing your girls won't need any nutes for the first 4-6 weeks in that FF soil. You might see aroud then they'll slow down a bit then you'll know to start adding in your bottled stuff. That doesn't count for cal/mag, that has to start within the first few sets of leaves. There is some cal/mag in plain water, but not enough for indoor lights, our girls need it more!

Wow I rambled...
This is what I have for nutes

Attachments

• 1AB0B7E1-67B6-4C05-ADBC-C2A64199156A.jpeg
    1AB0B7E1-67B6-4C05-ADBC-C2A64199156A.jpeg
    937.8 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom