New Grow: Gonna Need Some Assistance Here Please

Removed the plants from the tent, did a minor trim, removed some fan leaves and put them into each their own plastic bag to help draw out moisture. After 24 to 36 hours I will remove them from the bags, rehang them for another day or two then finish trim, remove the buds from the stems and hopefully they the will be dry enough to jar and begin curing.
This humidity is not what I wanted to be drying in, my normal humidity is usually between 55 and 65%, it was 30% in the tent this morning. They are drying way to fast, hopefully I will be able to control this or I may end up with harsh tasting buds.

After 33 hours I pulled them from their bags, spread the branches and rehung them in the tent. By spreading the branches I mean that when placed in the bag they tend to bunch up, which is not good due to the possibility of mold. So I bend all outer branches to the point of breaking them so all the stems separate and extend outward a bit, works great.
Now what is cool is that my humidity is back, tonight it is 61%, so now they will complete the drying process more slowly. Tomorrow evening the should be relatively dry, but, when I check them, if I can leave them till Tuesday that would be great. I have enough quart jar to house 24 zips, if I get more then I will have to take some of the Mimosa and Critical XXL out of their jars and put them in bags in the freezer to make FECO.
The buds are very firm, love that, not extremely large overall, due to the amount of topping I did during veg, some are nice size but most are medium size . Was very impressed with the weight of each bag, heavier than I expected. But with the buds being as tight as they are they are heavy. We will see! The fragrance is very Kush, sort of reminds me of the early Afghanistan but not near as skunky.
I am so ready to finish this grow. My GF of 10 years is moving in with me next weekend. Big step for both of us, especially at our age.
We plan on doing a road trip to the west coast then back though 'Utah and visit friends and family. Going to buy legal cannabis in New Mexico, Nevada, CA, OR, and Washington. Could not do that when I lived on the west coast.
Then it is back to grow more fun, not sure of strain yet but something TASTY!

Harvested, trimmed and jarred three plants today, 13.89 zips with two plants to go. When I say trimmed I am trimming more than any previous harvest. Even removing sugar leaves, but keeping them to make FECO. With the amt. of trimming I have done I an not going to reach my expected yield but it is going to be close.
Bagged the other two plants and will rehang them in the morning and try and do one prior to Dr. appt. then then second when I am done with the Dr.
Hopefully he will be able to tell me why I have lost 30 pounds in the past year, without dieting. Will be going over my CScan tomorrow.

Just flipping through here gr8! Lovely ride you had with this grow! Congrats on the harvest and soon to be harvests!

Bet you're stoked for your little medical road trip? CONGRATS on taking the reigns on your health, also this past year! Hope only good news at the doc.

Much grow love to you and your girls

:peace::Namaste:

Day 21 of 12/12
21st day of flower so time to do the major trim. Try to take everything with an inch or more stem, unless I feel that the leaf needs to stay for plant health reasons.

Pre trim
20211210_085645 (2).jpg

Post trim top view.
20211210_101157 (2).jpg

Post trim side view.
20211210_101204 (2).jpg

Top view full tent.
20211210_160700 (2).jpg

Side view full tent.
20211210_160707 (2).jpg

Couple of the buds.
20211210_180803 (2).jpg
20211211_090830 (2).jpg

20211210_160722.jpg

I am sure I will hear from the anti defoliation folks, but I have been doing this same thing for many years and love my yields.

A little something to ponder!
1639239274245.png
# 6 and 7. My two top from there, Sir. Words to live by and again, sorry I'm still catching up in many places!

When I harvested I cut the main stalk at it's base, did not remove anything but major remaining fans from the plant, just hung it in the tent as a whole plant. Sorry but I did not take a lot of pictures of this harvest. But I got some, :)
Just under seven days hanging in the tent less two periods where they were put into plastic bags to extract more moisture from the plant. On the forth day they went into plastic bags due to the very low humidity we were having because of a cold front coming in. The 5th day they were removed from the bags and rehung for about 12 hours and they were put into the bag for another 12 hours. Tuesday morning they were removed from the bag and rehung for 12 hours, at which time I began harvest. First began the process of removing the branches from the main stalk, then one branch at a time removed a stem and processed it, this went for about 6 hours and I got three plants completed. Put the other two in a bag for the night and started again Wednesday.
Here is the first plant pulled from the tent, my favorite of the 5, for her lovely purple display although most had varying degrees of purple.
20220125_095637 (2).jpg

This is how all nuggets were trimmed, they were all removed from the stem and trimmed.
20220125_101021 (2).jpg

This is 5.45 zips of purple goodness. You can see how much was removed from the buds.
20220125_120334 (2).jpg

One bud from Wednesdays finish. This was before it was trimmed.
20220126_120342 (3).jpg

And the final plant finished and ready to go into jars for curing.
20220126_191836 (2).jpg

Wednesdays two mainstems.
20220127_121808.jpg

Trichs four days prior to harvest.
WIN_20220114_15_05_00_Pro (2).jpg

Seventeen Qt. jars and one little guy, varying weights.
20220127_164734.jpg
20220127_164951.jpg
20220127_165044.jpg

And now we begin the cure, look at around a two to three week cure. Burp for the first 7 days for around 30 minutes a day then after the 7 days burp three times a week for the next few weeks. This is a new plan for me, hope it works. They do smell nice in the jars.

When I harvested I cut the main stalk at it's base, did not remove anything but major remaining fans from the plant, just hung it in the tent as a whole plant. Sorry but I did not take a lot of pictures of this harvest. But I got some, :)
Just under seven days hanging in the tent less two periods where they were put into plastic bags to extract more moisture from the plant. On the forth day they went into plastic bags due to the very low humidity we were having because of a cold front coming in. The 5th day they were removed from the bags and rehung for about 12 hours and they were put into the bag for another 12 hours. Tuesday morning they were removed from the bag and rehung for 12 hours, at which time I began harvest. First began the process of removing the branches from the main stalk, then one branch at a time removed a stem and processed it, this went for about 6 hours and I got three plants completed. Put the other two in a bag for the night and started again Wednesday.
Here is the first plant pulled from the tent, my favorite of the 5, for her lovely purple display although most had varying degrees of purple.
20220125_095637 (2).jpg

This is how all nuggets were trimmed, they were all removed from the stem and trimmed.
20220125_101021 (2).jpg

This is 5.45 zips of purple goodness. You can see how much was removed from the buds.
20220125_120334 (2).jpg

One bud from Wednesdays finish. This was before it was trimmed.
20220126_120342 (3).jpg

And the final plant finished and ready to go into jars for curing.
20220126_191836 (2).jpg

Wednesdays two mainstems.
20220127_121808.jpg

Trichs four days prior to harvest.
WIN_20220114_15_05_00_Pro (2).jpg

Seventeen Qt. jars and one little guy, varying weights.
20220127_164734.jpg
20220127_164951.jpg
20220127_165044.jpg

And now we begin the cure, look at around a two to three week cure. Burp for the first 7 days for around 30 minutes a day then after the 7 days burp three times a week for the next few weeks. This is a new plan for me, hope it works. They do smell nice in the jars.
Congrats Amigo.
Beautiful work. :party:

Stay safe
Bill

I did a review of the lamp in another post and it was deleted by Admin here. Said that the company was not one of their sponsors so I could not post about them.
Mars contacted me, I guess after reading I was in the market for a new light, offered me a free lamp if I would start a journal here. Oh but that's ok, they are a sponsor, even though their lights can't compare to the lamp I bought.

Now I will probably hear from Admin again, :)
Same here, 1100W LED. I was aware of the policy and made efforts but had intro post and 2 others yanked from journal. I've been educated and worked in journalism and understand the difference between editorial policy (a real-world, often necc. but blunt tool), and censorship, which is weaponized speech. I will remove this reply if you wish and can get back to me right away so I can edit. Otherwise, I just want people to be aware - that even my writing this is also currently judged a removable post simply for discussing editorial policy. I haven't even named my lamp. That goes too far, but, 420 is a private endeavour and can do as they wish, and if members don't care it will continue. I am reasonable, serious, and understand the pressures 420 is responding to. However, as the led wild west market matures and decrim finds its footing those pressures alleviate, yet the policies, in similar situs, historically, often remain. A discussion is only reasonable but I am a new member without sway.

Great journal, amazing harvest. I run the same uv diodes. Have no crop yet to appreciate the effect but have low expectations. We'll see. I was stunned by your amazing cmh vertical grows, I initially wanted to take that path but my indoor game has just begun and it seemed a little precocious for a first hydro grow (so I bought a co2 setup instead... oh me). Your lazy-Susan was the coup de grace, genius. I almost laughed aloud from joy when I saw it, for real. There's something wonderfully subversive about 'over-engineered' grows. Ever imagine what Da Vinci's grow looked like? Mirrors everywhere, lines and wooden gears clacking away, some 17 year old art model pedalling his ass off in a corner somewhere, driving the whole contraption. Davinci is heroically hooting on a chillum, drunk out of his skull, painting away at some smirking babe's face and laughing his teeth out because he knows why she smirks...

Figured, since my post would just get deleted anyway, that I'd be the one to do it.

Figured, since my post would just get deleted anyway, that I'd be the one to do it.

Oh no, it's getting like FB, I am no longer a player on FB, got put in jail way to many times.

I just don't understand why Admin does not allow conversations on produces that "don't pay them to promote inferior products". I thought this was a good community site for real growing conditions.

Oh well, I will get a comment on this, :)

IDK, man. Not going to get into why protectionist policies are only ever profitable over the short term. I decided a while back to try to just keep my head down, offer advice to gardeners as and when I can, and to hit the music video threads. My health is shot (multiple issues), a meth dealer shot my house the other night and, since I'm not moving, it's looking like war - and my elderly mother needs my help, more and more. Life is too short and difficult to attempt to fight every battle in the universe.

Back
Top Bottom