New Grow - Monster Crop Outdoors

KushGod, thank you very much for your reply and the detailed explanation I very much appreciate it. I'm at 42 degrees N and you are I assume closer to 52 so my twelve hour days won't occur until September, I use a website called timeanddate.com which has quite a bit of good information if anyone is interested. I will try and let you know how things work out. Again thanks very much.

You are welcome and of course I hadn't considered your latitude, we are around 51 where I am I believe, not ideal but this is why the light dep helps me. You should be a little better off weather wise. Anyway be sure to keep me updated and I'll definitely follow your progress. Happy growing

KushGod, thank you very much for your reply and the detailed explanation I very much appreciate it. I'm at 42 degrees N and you are I assume closer to 52 so my twelve hour days won't occur until September, I use a website called timeanddate.com which has quite a bit of good information if anyone is interested. I will try and let you know how things work out. Again thanks very much.

I'm gonna check that website out, nice one .

Ill be sure to tag along. If i could just see some decent results id do it, might try a guerrilla somewhere!

Guerrilla growing is for tougher blokes than me I'm afraid but the benefits of letting them grow wild like that can lead to monster plants and harvests. The work involved doesn't appeal to me. Clearing an area, Lugging bags of compost, containers full of water, protecting against wildlife eating them etc. It sounds a lot of work and I like my creature comforts and back gardens a bit too much. If I could find a relatively local and secure area to do it I'd plant a seedling or two just to see what happens but I'm in quite a built up area, it's extremely difficult but I see some great guerrilla harvests online.

Best months to plant outside in uk? And is it worth starting them off inside or will the environment changes be too much?

I try to start off germination early to mid April indoors on a windowsill and let the seedlings gain a true set of leaves and as soon as I see the second set of true leaves I begin to move them outdoors for a couple of hours a day to harden off to the weather. I repeat this cycle for about 10-14 days and then when I know they are hardened off to the weather I move them outside permanently around the first day of May, by which time they are starting the heavy veg period and ready to explode into growth. If the weather is terrible I will provide shelter via a transparent rain cover or one of my pop up greenhouses but if no bad rainfall is forecast then they stay permanently in the garden from the 1st of May. I have grown cannabis under natural light from early to mid March in a greenhouse to give me more growth but surprisingly that wasn't the case. The plants I started later in mid april had outgrown the early March plants massively by blackout time, it seems starting in April/May gives better results than starting off early under weaker March daylight in a greenhouse.

Thanks KG,

I think ill do the same tbf may even give them a little boost under a light before hand see if that helps!

Seen some great videos online of uk guerrilla grows with big red/purple buds on some bug plants. Was quiet impressive!

Yes starting them off a month or two earlier under a light indoors would obviously lead to monster plants come harvest time. It's a great idea and something I have done before for my own garden grown plants. I have to be very careful about final size. I have 8ft walls and by planting out in April/May I can still very get big plants whilst remaining hidden behind my walls. If I start them early indoors this way, especially lanky Sativa heavy plants, they can grow above the safe line of sight and attract unwanted attention like police. If you have the security to do it safely and hide those monsters or do a guerrilla grow in a secure area then the benefits of starting plants off early indoors are massive, literally. Most plants turn purple from the cold I believe, flowering here later in the season does promote purples and oranges because of the cold night temps, so I believe mate

Back
Top Bottom