New Grower Bag Seed

Re: New grower bagseed

How far are you away from switching to flower? glad you like Lolita :thanks::hookah:

I'll prolly switch to flower in a week...got to find them males lol.

Mate to me hydro seems comlicated! Constantly feeding , checking pH and EC and all that. Know how to do all that but not a hydro system, learnt that from coco grows. But once I have my mix dialed I just leave it to it. No res change or daily pH checks. They just do their stuff and I keep Microbes fed with sugars.

All I have done to mine so far is watered them and I dont even pH that and mine is going fine at the min. Fast too!

that's the thing, I'm not sure what she needs and when she needs it. i followed this chart of another soil grow that i found in the completed journals. The yield was good and it never had nute burned through out the grow. so i wrote it down and it only messed me up in the beginning because i started it too early with too much. I looked at Lolita today and pistols, pistols everywhere!:partyboy: I saw your soil mix and i find it too complicated for me lol.

I'm thinking about hydro for future grows (water = free) not sure when that would be possible but planning for an inexpensive setup. have something in mind just not sure how loud it may be. on the other hand i do already have an air pump from a fish tank. just need a new air stone then I'm going to test the water pump on the tank to see if i can jimmy rigged a hose that can be used as a drip system.
I'd have to do some more research on that before attempting. maybe later on this year who knows.

im tellin you right now, bro. hydro is not easy. there are cats on here that make it look easy, because they been doin it awhile, or if it's their first time out, they got a combination of luck and attention to detail.

i thought i had it made on my first grow, following after some tool who did a dwc all the wrong ways. turns out, he just ended up getting real lucky, and he had a lot of skill under his belt, so the problems he had were minor to him. the biggest part was that he failed to document all of his issues, so i never learned how he overcame them. all i saw was that he was doin a completely retarded dwc and it worked with little issue.

growing weed is hard work, no matter which way you do it. these guys make it look easy, but as im sure you've already discovered, it's not. hydro only compounds all that by ten times. temps become more of an issue, especially your res temps. if your res temps get too high you can suffocate your plants. you'll have to keep a constant check on your ph. you absolutely canNOT afford to be complacent whatsoever. especially your first time.

water does not = free. after some reading, you'll decide you don't want to use tap water because it's got so much chlorine and other additives. you'll think to yourself, "i can just airstone 5 gallons of water at a time". but then your plants will start to drink more than you can airstone at a time and you'll think, "i'll just buy a 5 gallon jug and fill it up with r/o filtered water from the grocery store". then you do it 5 times a week.

THEN, you have to prepare the water. add nutes, one at a time. chech ph. if it's too high (which it almost undoubtedly gets when you add nutes) you gotta lower it.

i say stick with soil at least until you understand how the plant grows. it's easier to detect when something's wrong if you know what things look like when they're right, eh?

my next grow i might try hempy buckets (pseudo-hydro), as it looks easy enough (no pumps required) and i really dig the results. but not til after i get this one grow first!

as far as not knowing when your plants needs to be fed... aside from looking at it, you can put your fingertip in the soil to your first knuckle. if it's mostly dry, give em some water. after time you'll start to know what a happy plant looks like and what a hungry plant looks like. eventually, you'll know when to feed them before they start to need it. for soil grows, charts and graphs are useless. you really gotta do that sort of thing on a case by case basis.

good luck! im late for class :D

I know when/how to check if she needs water, its knowing when and how much of each nutrient solution mix they need.
I have a foxfarm nutrient solution (grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom, open seasame) I need to pick up beasty bloomz & cha ching.
its knowing when to add & how much to add per gallon. ive been following my chart posted earlier and it hasnt led me wrong yet.

ah, yea. i understand what you're saying now. for that, i'm afraid i can't really assist. i'm still new to this too. you might actually need to abide by some sort of feeding schedule. when in doubt, follow the schedule fox farms provides you with. my grow shop guy suggested to me (my first time out) to start the nutes at 1/4 strength and move up from there. when you see nute burn on the tips of leaves, cut back and maintain on the next feed. on my first grow, i have a feed schedule, but it's for genhydro's flora line. i'm sure a quick google search can hook you up with a similar schedule for ff nutes. hang a sec actually... here we go.

here's their official list of feeding schedules for all their nutes in both soil and hydro.

if you've got the entire ff line, you really don't need all those extra nutes (beasty bloomz or whatever) you were talking about. your big bloom and tiger bloom are gonna blow those buds up big enough already. besides, this being your first time out, you want as little outside influences as possible. the more stuff you start adding, the harder it's going to be figure out which product is causing any issues that might arise.

just my two cents, though. as anyone will tell you: it's your grow, brother. you have a more developed relationship with those plants than any of us. you know better than we what's best, whether you realize it or not ;)

always, always, ALWAYS research what people suggest before implementing it. a million posts and twenty years as a forum member doesn't always mean they know what they're talking about! i been learning this the hard way.

good luck and let's see some pics!

just a little update

20130207_164045.jpg

20130207_164135.jpg

20130207_164239.jpg

just a quick update. day 20 of flower for Lolita.

here is a pic I took last night. I will have more in a few when she wakes up

20130212_174321.jpg

wow man she looks good so many tops on her ...... about nutrients im sure every one has said this or something close to it just go light like 1/4 to 1/2 strength and see how she reacts and if u see any nute burn on her leaves give here plain ph'd water and when it comes out the bottom into the overflow tray dump it so that she doesn't reabsorb the extra nutes that may have washed out and then just watch and see if the nute burn stops if it does feed here again at a lesser concentration thats what i do and like other ppl have said you will get the hang of seeing what they need ...... grow on..... your doing great...... also if your using fox farm ocean forest i found it can be useful to cut it with perlite cuz it can be a hot soil in my experiance but i guess that's advice for another grow. :tokin:

very nice, bro. those buds look nugalicious. i only hope mine turn out that way.

i've gone back and reread almost the entire thread, but i can't seem to find the dimensions to your grow cab. in the picture, it looks smaller on the outside than it does on the inside. but perhaps i think your pots are bigger than they are or something? i dunno. either way, i'm thrown off, lol.

my girls just went into flower almost two weeks ago and i'm still not seeing much in the way of sex id. couple hairs on two of em here and there, but eh. being my first grow, i could be completely wrong!

what nutes are you using? in the beginning you mentioned ffof as your soil but that's about all i've seen. if i missed the info, i apologize :(

you seem to have a knack for growing, for sure. you definitely got some lst skills! have you read much into scrog'ing? a screen in that cab of yours would be the cats pajamas!

good info Falcore!

Looking great now greensmurf, things are rocking in there mate :) Great time in the plant life right about now! REPage!! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom