New grower! Need some pointers please

Lytebreed

So I found a bunch of seeds in a bag in my safe and decided I'd grow one, I've never grown anything nor been around someone that has I just want some tips that will ensure my plant doesn't meet a sudden death!

image11038.jpg

image11037.jpg

Re: New grower! Need some pointers plzz

site is a plethora of information!...spend some time in the grow room forum...or follow a few journals...I mean this in the most respectful way...but reading is fundamental...then...maybe some questions...h00k...

Tinfoil is a bad idea for a reflective surface. Seriously. Much better without any reflective surface.

Or try panda cloth or Mylar

My top 3, don't overwater, don't overfeed, and don't overheat :peace: as for reflection, I don't bother - just have flat white paint on adjacent walls. less is more in most cases I believe, but these are just my opinions. Read up, experiment and you'll find what works for you.

My top 3, don't overwater, don't overfeed, and don't overheat :peace: as for reflection, I don't bother - just have flat white paint on adjacent walls. less is more in most cases I believe, but these are just my opinions. Read up, experiment and you'll find what works for you.

Some of the best advice you will get, I would just throw in one more bit of advice germ another 2 or 3 seeds chances are if its from bag seed its def not feminized so you might be growing a nice male there, grow at least two so your chances of getting a female are better.

Some of the best advice you will get, I would just throw in one more bit of advice germ another 2 or 3 seeds chances are if its from bag seed its def not feminized so you might be growing a nice male there, grow at least two so your chances of getting a female are better.

Thanks for the advise and will do when I get home, another quick question here
When should I add nutrients to my little guy? And what are the best brands to use?

I start nutrients at 1/16th strength after I see the second set of true leaves, most will recommend third set of true leaves before starting nutrients and then only 1/4 strength at most and move up from there, others will say not till the cotyledon leafs(aka seed leafs) start to die.

I like the General Hydroponics nutrients, but there are so many out there along with opinions.

Agree, lots of opinions - I prefer a mostly organic approach and in my case I've been using nothing but soil amendments for most of this grow and it's gone very well so far. My next grow I'll be experimenting with the DocBud High Brix kit because I've seen some pretty amazing stuff on BigIrishDude and Curso's pages as well as a couple others. I also am a huge fan of CO Finest content and videos and many, many others. There's a ton of information out there so I take in what I can and try out the different techniques in moderation to see what the results are and I'll be keeping what I like and throwing away the rest.

Back
Top Bottom