New Guy From The Ozarks Looking For Advice!

Look up the Secret Jardin DS60 I believe it's pretty tall. I myself am using a 2x2x4 which seems will work perfect with my growing style..

Also LedGuy is right. Interchangeable HID are almost non-existent in the low wattage range. The cost effective option would be the eco series or the reflector series by Mars hydro. From my experience A 150w hps will not produce more heat than a comparable LED with the exception of QB or Eco series.

Definitely great options out there.

The Perfect Sun Mini is a bit more expensive but I hear it works well too. Other options include spectrum king etc. All a bit more expensive. All great lights.

Mars Eco 98 LED Grow Light Veg Flower Hydroponics Plant Full Spectrum Red Blue | eBay

Here is the Eco I recommend for your size area as it will dominate a 2x2 tent. Itll just barely fit too it's 20"x11"x3" so it will absolutely light up that entire tent. I recently bought a Mars hydro eco48 which is 100W and I'm definitely a fan.

Quantum boards are also a good option especially if you take the time for DIY as it drastically decreases price. But honestly I think the light I recommend would be a great light for you to use.

Also keep in mind fitting a clunky Carbon filter in a 2x2 is not fun and they are very large even the 4"filters. Currently I just have mine outside the tent the fan is pushing air through versus pulling it through as I didn't feel like making room this grow lol but you can if need be set up the filter to push air through or you can fit it up top the 2x2 (like recommended) but you will want a tent that's taller versus shorter because it will take up space. The light is only 11" wide though so you could probably cram it right beside the light...

From my experience A 150w hps will not produce more heat than a comparable LED with the exception of QB or Eco series.

Yeah HID has its place for sure I just like the spread of LED's because they just don't really produce any intense amount of heat above the canopy and can be kept inches away from the canopy if need be with worrying about hot spots plus a very nice overall coverage... If the situations were different and we were talking about a house versus a trailer and he was looking at a 4x4x6.5 or something for example he could use a mix HID in the center and LED'S on the side but with a 2x2 it's sort of pick and choose and the total height plays a factor in my opinion. I like having the option of my plants being able to grow into the light without any stress especially with my 4 foot tall tent lol. Personally if I were to use an HID if I ever moved into a larger space it would need to be air cooled and I'd have a nice fan blowing over the canopy. Ive never used HID though so im obviously baised and I'll admit that right now lol. I know others who grow with HID love it. I'm not hating on it it's pretty much equal to blurple lights in yield comparisons and using a mix is best imo.

OK here is my new revised list on Amazon.
Casolly Hydroponic 24"x24"x56" High Reflective Mylar Non Toxic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing,2'X2'

MARSHYDRO ECO 200W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Growing Veg and Flower

Century 24 Hour Plug-in Mechanical Timer Grounded

VIVOSUN 195 CFM 4" Inch Inline Ventilation Duct Fan

VIVOSUN 8 Feet 4 Inch Non-Insulated Flex Air Aluminum Ducting for HVAC Ventilation w/ Two 4 Inch Stainless Steel Clamps

VIVOSUN 4 Inch Air Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal for Inline Fan, Pre-filter Included, Reversible Flange

Winner Outfitters 6-Pack 5 Gallon Grow Bags /Aeration Fabric Pots With Handles

50 Liter Bag - Terra Professional Plus - Soil Mix - CANNA TERRAPROPLUS50L

Canna 250 ml Rhizotonic Rooting Stimulator-CANNA 9321025

Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra Plant Nutrient, 1L

Advanced Nutrients Bloom Fertilizer, Micro and Grow, 500ml

VANTAKOOL Digital PH Meter, 0.01 PH High Accuracy Water Quality Tester with 0-14 PH Measurement Range for Household Drinking, Pool and Aquarium Water PH Tester Design with ATC (yellow)

AcuRite 00613 Humidity Monitor with Indoor Thermometer, Digital Hygrometer and Humidity Gauge Indicator

VIVOSUN - 2 Pairs 1/8 inch Adjustable Heavy Duty Rope Hanger - Reinforced Metal Internal Gears, Loose-proof Design, 8-ft Long & 150lbs Weight Capacity ( Upgraded Version )

Apollo Horticulture UV400 Fit Wear Cover Over Prescription Glasses Wearer Indoor Growing Hydroponics LED Grow Light Room Glasses for Intense LED lighting Visual Eye Protection - LEDGrower2

AMAZON shopping cart is $460.69
If you see something that you think I need to remove or something you think I need to add. Let me know. That's why I am here to learn.
Thanks for the help.

OK here is my new revised list on Amazon.
Casolly Hydroponic 24"x24"x56" High Reflective Mylar Non Toxic Grow Tent for Indoor Plant Growing,2'X2' C

MARSHYDRO ECO 200W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Hydroponic Indoor Plants Growing Veg and Flower

Century 24 Hour Plug-in Mechanical Timer Grounded Century 24 Hour Plug-in Mechanical Timer Grounded

VIVOSUN 195 CFM 4" Inch Inline Ventilation Duct Fan

VIVOSUN 8 Feet 4 Inch Non-Insulated Flex Air Aluminum Ducting for HVAC Ventilation w/ Two 4 Inch Stainless Steel Clamps

VIVOSUN 4 Inch Air Carbon Filter Odor Control with Australia Virgin Charcoal for Inline Fan, Pre-filter Included, Reversible Flange

Winner Outfitters 6-Pack 5 Gallon Grow Bags /Aeration Fabric Pots With Handles

50 Liter Bag - Terra Professional Plus - Soil Mix - CANNA TERRAPROPLUS50L

Canna 250 ml Rhizotonic Rooting Stimulator-CANNA 9321025

Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra Plant Nutrient, 1L

Advanced Nutrients Bloom Fertilizer, Micro and Grow, 500ml

VANTAKOOL Digital PH Meter, 0.01 PH High Accuracy Water Quality Tester with 0-14 PH Measurement Range for Household Drinking, Pool and Aquarium Water PH Tester Design with ATC (yellow)

AcuRite 00613 Humidity Monitor with Indoor Thermometer, Digital Hygrometer and Humidity Gauge Indicator

VIVOSUN - 2 Pairs 1/8 inch Adjustable Heavy Duty Rope Hanger - Reinforced Metal Internal Gears, Loose-proof Design, 8-ft Long & 150lbs Weight Capacity ( Upgraded Version )

Apollo Horticulture UV400 Fit Wear Cover Over Prescription Glasses Wearer Indoor Growing Hydroponics LED Grow Light Room Glasses for Intense LED lighting Visual Eye Protection - LEDGrower2

AMAZON shopping cart is $460.69
If you see something that you think I need to remove or something you think I need to add. Let me know. That's why I am here to learn.
Thanks for the help.

That should definitely do it... thats a nice setup and if you have patience and take your time you should get 175-200 grams... it may take you a few grows to hit that 1 gram per watt mark but with practice it's doable. As for the soil id highly highly highly recommended that you google "fox farms store locator" and use their websites store locator to see if any nursery sells the product near you... I am a huge fan of their products and most people have a few nurseries near then that carry thejr products. I love fox farms happy frog but they also carry ocean forest which is a bit strong but i like to for mixing with my happy frog. Soil can be very expensive online so I highly recommend that you go and see if any local nurseries carry that brand. If you already ordered that product itll probably work fine i just prefer to recommend soils I've used as they are forgiving.

Also if you want to save some money on nutrients dyna-gro offers cheap samples... I actually got very lucky lol when I was looking at nutrient samples some time back I read a post that talked about their solution preview pack and I got
1. 32oz mag-pro
1. 32oz foliage pro
1. 32oz bloom
1. 32oz protekt
1. 8oz magpro
1. 8oz bloom
1. 8oz k-l-n

The 8oz magpro and bloom were mistakes and they quickly sent me the 32oz containers I was promised and I got the two extra 8oz containers which my 8oz containers aren't even empty yet still half way full.
All for 29$ lol I was ecstatic but sadly they do not offer that sample anymore... I did recommend it to someone a while back and they emailed them and we're informed there was a different sample pack though I am completely unsure if they still offer it it was
1 8oz foilage pro
1 8oz magpro
1 8oz bloom
1 8oz protekt
1 8oz k-l-n
For 23$ which is still a hell of a deal if they offer it as that will easily last you a handful of grows and all those bottles are around the same price as one bottle... Sorry I didn't message back yesterday I didn't get any notifications if you haven't ordered yet is highly encourage you to Google dyna-gro and email them inquiring about samples. If interested I can email you what I sent them it's a pretty generic email I used from someone who posted about it

Also if you want to save a few more bucks this is all you'll need hanger wise iPower 1/8 Inch 8-Feet Long Heavy Duty Adjustable Rope Clip Hanger, 150lb Capacity : Plant Growing Light Fixtures

1666164828116.png

Also that rooting supplement is completely unneeded if you don't want to pay the 20$ it costs... I never use rooting supplements personally. But also if you go with the dyna-gro it comes with k-l-n which is a rooting supplement.

Also I'd recommend this pot. VIVOSUN Grow Bag 3-Pack 7 Gallons Fabric Pots Grow Bags with Handles and Reinforced Seam, one plant in a 7gal pot in a 2x2 has potential to be a rather large plant. Plus if you are open to checking for soil local it's a lot cheaper then shipping. My 3C.U of happy frog costs 19.99$ which is a lot of soil especially when it's cut with perlite which I also recommend just a small bag from lowes or home depot they are 5$ you don't need much but adding extra perlite is always recommended. Also while on that subject I'd recommend you buy some organic dolomite garden lime to add to the soil mix. Just my 2 cents as I personally always mix some into my soil

1666164795601.png

Keep in mind that 3CU is 87L so considerable more soil for literally less than half the price. That soil in your cart is very expensive you can buy a large bag of happy frog, perlite, and dolomite lime and still be spending less than that one bag of soil costs as what you have listed is 49.99 for 1.7CU

Good morning! LedGuy74 thanks for the input. I live up in the Ozark Mountains and I'm 35 miles from the city. I will Google Fox Farms and see if any of the garden places have the Fox Farms and will look up dyna-gro as well. I have an old friend in the area and he is a retired shrimper from Cajun country, he grows outside and uses local bag seeds. He grows some beautiful plants but still not good quality. I looked at one of the sites seed companies last night and looked at the Crown Royale seeds. I looked at others too but I like the specs on that plant. And there's White Widow too oh and umm Afghan strains are good too but NO SKUNK, can't have a nosy neighbors nose poking there nose around lol. Anyway I adjusted my list on Amazon and no I have not ordered yet waiting on some money coming in in a week or two. As soon as everything is all bought I will start a journal of my build and first grow. This is gonna be awesome! :woohoo:

Good morning! LedGuy74 thanks for the input. I live up in the Ozark Mountains and I'm 35 miles from the city. I will Google Fox Farms and see if any of the garden places have the Fox Farms and will look up dyna-gro as well. I have an old friend in the area and he is a retired shrimper from Cajun country, he grows outside and uses local bag seeds. He grows some beautiful plants but still not good quality. I looked at one of the sites seed companies last night and looked at the Crown Royale seeds. I looked at others too but I like the specs on that plant. And there's White Widow too oh and umm Afghan strains are good too but NO SKUNK, can't have a nosy neighbors nose poking there nose around lol. Anyway I adjusted my list on Amazon and no I have not ordered yet waiting on some money coming in in a week or two. As soon as everything is all bought I will start a journal of my build and first grow. This is gonna be awesome! :woohoo:
Best bet is too keep it simple until you get shit dialed in. If your a beginner it may be best to just get a nice simple complete line and run that until you feel comfortable with tweaking your regiment. This should ensure you have all your macro nutes and trace elements. With cannabis less is more. As for dyna their products have heavy salt build up like non other. Just food for thought. Have a great day and remember to burn only the superb herb.

Sounds good and trust me if someone within 50 miles of you sells fox farms it is without a doubt worth the trip because you coukd easily pick up perlite and dolomite lime up at the same time both of which are imo cheaper to buy in person. Make sure you call ahead to ensure they actually stock the soils. Also as for seeds a couple good banks I like are The Vault, The single seed centre is okay and so is seedsman a Google search should pull them all up just put cannabis behind them.

Definitely agree with the other person too.. Looking into organic products would also be a good option dynamic gro is salt based but with a couple moderate flushes throughout the grow I never have any issues personally. It just depends on the grower really.

CannabiSteve I was just being silly lol. Kind of like a kid in a candy store lol. I will pick one good indoor strain that is of good quality etc as well as easy for beginners and once that is mastered then I will move up.
Hey LedGuy74, dude! I googled Fox Farms soil near me, nothing here of course but the local Wal-Mart does list it online just not in store. There is (I didn't count ) a ton of garden supply stores from 35 miles away to over 100 miles away. Thanks for the heads up. I've had so much going on I had overlooked Googling to see who carried Fox Farms products. I have read many great reviews on all of their products.

CannabiSteve I was just being silly lol. Kind of like a kid in a candy store lol. I will pick one good indoor strain that is of good quality etc as well as easy for beginners and once that is mastered then I will move up.
Hey LedGuy74, dude! I googled Fox Farms soil near me, nothing here of course but the local Wal-Mart does list it online just not in store. There is (I didn't count ) a ton of garden supply stores from 35 miles away to over 100 miles away. Thanks for the heads up. I've had so much going on I had overlooked Googling to see who carried Fox Farms products. I have read many great reviews on all of their products.

Yeah try the websites store locator if I just Google fox farms near me nothing shows up but when I use the locator 4-5 local nurseries are listed. A quick search with the zip code "65721" showed 4 results... I dont know how close that is to you at all but if there are that many within 50 miles of that zip code you'll probably have lucky of you use the locator too here's the link if interested Where to Buy fox farm link. It's not always up to date so if you go that route always call beforehand so you don't do that driving for nothing been there done that. Also don't forget to buy ph up and down too if you didn't add it to the list.

Hey Calvados, what I'm going to do in the beginning so I can get this all figured out and get my growing routine down I am going with feminised and easy for beginners seeds. One I am thinking about as long as my odor control does its job I may go with Skunk. My odor control will have to work really good because of neighbors on both sides and the one side has visitors every day and they come in the driveway in front of my camper. I was being serious in an earlier post about no skunk because of neighbors but as long as I can keep the odor down I wont worry about it. Im still looking at seeds on different seed bank sites.

Ah trust me I use a similar filter that's the same size has been working perfect for a few grows now so far in my tent that's twice the size of the one you are looking at and I'm using the same inline fan too so I'm confident you'll be smell free.

The smell won’t come from your extractor fan and it won’t be much of an issue anyway until flowering and drying. The smell will come from open vents and when you open the tent to tend the plants. I recommend a 4” intake fan with some ducting. It really pushes the air, which is a good thing, and allows you to keep all vents closed. It’s cheap and very effective.

Back
Top Bottom