New - Mainlining/Manifolding Newbie - Advice?

420-magazine-mobile1033553347.jpg
420-magazine-mobile6723476.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

When you get back youre gonna have some nice flowers waiting.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine

I hope so. So many things to worry about. Aside from power failure- or worse...I hate the thought of coming home to burnt, dead plants. That said, I have 5 days before real issues start. 4 days will be completely ok and after day 5 is when I worry.
Thinking of different scenarios-
Which is why I'm working on these backups...
I am looking forward to seeing how they look when I return. I will have a camera on them but it's never quite like seeing them in person. Thanks for all the help!

Thoughts on lowering light power while away. We are getting some warmer temps while away and I am going to have to limit airflow (for privacy) . Not inside the grow but it's overall area is usually open- it will have to remain closed with windows closed. This will increase temps some and in turn will also produce more humidity - drying out soil and dwc faster. I could lower lights from 2 - 400 hps to 2 250 or 150 watts hps. I will keep the fluorescents as I think the from one is really helping.
As I can only test in lux- at 400 - averaging 30k+ where dropping to 250 brings it to mid 10's to high teens. 150 drops to 6-8500.

I could also keep at 400 each and maybe turn off one for a couple hours and switch... to keep temps and subsequent issues at bay.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Love what we learn here. So I made two reservoirs- one for dwc and one for soil. Both need separate timers which I did using smart plugs. This allows me to control when and how long these are on. I tested and it's pretty cool stuff. Created a manifold for my soil, timed it and tested. Works very well. Dwc same deal. I used drippers for the soil but it's still flowing at about 4 gallons in 15 minutes. Not bad for control. Basically I will run for 4-5 minutes maybe twice while away. Should be fine as long as no power issues or wifi problems. Lol. Fun...

Alright....10 days away!!! Whew!
Found I came home to my room today and temps were 88 degrees...way high.
I had power issues while away and luckily only my monitor failed to come back online. That meant I did not know temps or humidity or lux. I monitor temps at times when I know it's warm outside. Tends to make cooling harder so I control lights to control heat.
Anyway, as talked about in earlier posts, I added reservoirs with pumps on timers. I did a manifold going to three potted plants on a drip system controlled by smart plugs. Other was direct line to my dwc. I tested both before leaving to measured output and Time it takes. I also filled each plant to the point of sitting in about an inch of water. No one ever recommends this but it's never failed me. But with being away for twice I have ever been, I needed the res pumped in. I only had to run them every few days at only minutes each.
When I came home the dwc was only an inch above bottom- way too low..lol
Soil pots seemed to be lightly dry. Really not bad at all.
I was worried about nanners but none I have seen yet.
Oh, I had a constant running window fan but with a power outage it never came back on so it was not helpful. I was able to get temps down tonight. Much cooler.
Buds aren't as big as I was hoping but still very happy. Smell is very strong, resin everywhere and dense buds. I will check the trichs tomorrow under magnification.

420-magazine-mobile1402002481.jpg
420-magazine-mobile653137621.jpg
420-magazine-mobile476674589.jpg
420-magazine-mobile190412941.jpg

420-magazine-mobile984038550.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1223135451.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1777495452.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1576653486.jpg

Not great pics but from what I see

I have a lot of red hairs but also a ton of white. The trichs appear mostly clear to me. I feel like I'm seeing a little cloud here and there but really seems early still.

The 10 days away didn't seem to hurt the plants much. The dwc lost a lot of water but plants appear fine.

The soil had very little issue except some leaves are a it yellow. Could be from flower stage though. I have to think I have less than 2 weeks left.

Thoughts welcomed.

I rigged up a simple top feed that works great in coco

That's my soil set up. I manifolded a top drip line to all three. My dwc is a direct line into the level tube. Really am seeing how the seasoned growers tend to follow the same path... just makes sense.

Now what can I do to increase swelling of colas?

Back
Top Bottom