New Member: 1st indoor grow! All advice & opinions welcome!

Starrfoxx

420 Member
These aren't in order of growth. 🤷🏾‍♂️

But we have "Sour Bubba" (maybe, genetics iffy), "White Widow Auto", & "Northern Lights Auto".

*Fox Farm Soil...
*Fox Farm Liquid Nutes...

*AC Infinity S22 ionboard (AMAZING!!!)

*3Gall fabric pots...

*2x2x4 (around) Melonfarm Grow Tent (Upgrading to AC Infinity A.S.A.P. for the quality.😌)

*Vivosun pH Pen (Mixed Feelings on the reviews but so far easy to calibrate & maintain.)

Opinions on:
1. Leaf coloring/discoloring,
2. Plant height,
3. Sound arguments for either leaving the 3gall pots with two plants, or separating them and why.
4. And putting 1 plant into flower early at this height and stage... Pros/Cons

fc6fbf2d-27c2-4877-8d4b-68affdf15453photo.jpeg

8404a212-2285-4fc9-9818-f42fa045d21fphoto.jpeg

Screenshot_20230403_070322_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230403_070300_Chrome.jpg

4e167ee5-a3c4-4af4-a16f-e2411c796ed6photo.jpeg

20230327_091526.jpg

20230327_091523.jpg

20230327_091519.jpg

20230327_091511.jpg

20230327_091506.jpg

Welcome to 420 mate nice little set up you got there is this your first time growing?

For the leaf shape and colour what's your feed schedule like how often are you watering and how often are you feeding?

Couldn't argue against having two plants in one pot but they would probably want a bit more space.

You can flower your photos as soon as you want as long as they are mature enough but you will just receive a smaller yield in return.

Yes its my first grow.
* I feed them nutes twice a week.
*Water when needed.

Kinda spooked about them making it so I threw the tent into 12hrs of darkness.

I literally have 20+ seeds (with varying genetics unfortunately) so I don't mind starting over with more knowledge after a (hopefully) successful harvest (no matter the yield).

Welcome bro 🙏🏻

I'll leave the real info to the guys on here, they know what they're talking about.

One thing I want to ask is how and when did you transfer them to big pots?

I'm a first time grower with 4 plants. One of mine will be a 'bud stick' simply cause i left it far to long in a very small pot. The roots had found their shape and didn't like being put into a bigger pot at that point.

Something to thing about dude?

Be safe ✌🏻 👌🏻

Yes its my first grow.
* I feed them nutes twice a week.
*Water when needed.

Kinda spooked about them making it so I threw the tent into 12hrs of darkness.

I literally have 20+ seeds (with varying genetics unfortunately) so I don't mind starting over with more knowledge after a (hopefully) successful harvest (no matter the yield).
Ok so from the top your soil probably had enough nutrients for the first couple of weeks it should say how much on the bag so for the first couple of weeks your would have just plain watered at 6.5ph
In veg you want to let them dry back and remember how many days from feed it took for them to need water then next time water a day before that then Andy time after they show signs water a day early again.. either that or keep lifting pots for weight.

When it comes to bottle fertilizer the plant has stores in its leaves so if your under feeding it will start getting yellow I'd rather under feed them over feed as it's more hassle..
If you bottle fed them twice in one week that means you would have gave them at least one watering in-between and three watering in one week is alot especially for their size..

I think you've definitely over fed and over watered giving them too much love.

I wouldn't have flipped them yet as in veg they will always have time to recover and they are more forgiving. once your in flower your on a time limit so all problems want to be sorted before flipping.

In my experience I'm not sure if your too late to keep in veg after one night of 12/12 but I'm sure someone will help you with that but.
I'd concentrate on getting your feed water feed correct let the plants tell you their hungry so you get the feel and understanding.
Worst case you may have to flush at some point but hopefully not..

We mean well but sometimes less is more hope this helps 👍🏽 in my signature my journal one you can see that I had issues and held out to get things straight before flipping then had a great bloom 👍🏽

Everything looks solid bro.
Noticed the back vent closed, if you can open it up, that would be great! Most air circulation possible to keep that soil from forming green patches on top of the soli. If that happens, definitely need more air.
Also, the biggest challenge on growing is not to overwatering/feed. Wait until the soil is completely dry.
This plant only grow during "dry soil" . Once her leaves drop from thirst is my indicator to water/feed.
Overwatering the plant kills trich development and yield.
Took me awhile to figure that out, but I'm a slow learning..
Cheers bro, and hope you kill it
:passitleft:

Welcome bro 🙏🏻

I'll leave the real info to the guys on here, they know what they're talking about.

One thing I want to ask is how and when did you transfer them to big pots?

I'm a first time grower with 4 plants. One of mine will be a 'bud stick' simply cause i left it far to long in a very small pot. The roots had found their shape and didn't like being put into a bigger pot at that point.

Something to thing about dude?

Be safe ✌🏻 👌🏻
I waited till I saw the root system well formed in the 16oz clear cups before transferring (autos & photos) into their final 3gall fabric pots.

Then watered the soil just enough to get it just this side of to wet, cut the cup in half and let the seedling ease itself out of the cup into my palm.

Ok so from the top your soil probably had enough nutrients for the first couple of weeks it should say how much on the bag so for the first couple of weeks your would have just plain watered at 6.5ph
In veg you want to let them dry back and remember how many days from feed it took for them to need water then next time water a day before that then Andy time after they show signs water a day early again.. either that or keep lifting pots for weight.

When it comes to bottle fertilizer the plant has stores in its leaves so if your under feeding it will start getting yellow I'd rather under feed them over feed as it's more hassle..
If you bottle fed them twice in one week that means you would have gave them at least one watering in-between and three watering in one week is alot especially for their size..

I think you've definitely over fed and over watered giving them too much love.

I wouldn't have flipped them yet as in veg they will always have time to recover and they are more forgiving. once your in flower your on a time limit so all problems want to be sorted before flipping.

In my experience I'm not sure if your too late to keep in veg after one night of 12/12 but I'm sure someone will help you with that but.
I'd concentrate on getting your feed water feed correct let the plants tell you their hungry so you get the feel and understanding.
Worst case you may have to flush at some point but hopefully not..

We mean well but sometimes less is more hope this helps 👍🏽 in my signature my journal one you can see that I had issues and held out to get things straight before flipping then had a great bloom 👍🏽
That was some amazing information & food for thought as well.

*I believe your right (though this is my first grow 🥴), over watered and to many nutes at that size.
** I decided not to flip them just yet. They had maybe 2 extra hours of darkness before I changed my mind again😂

Everything looks solid bro.
Noticed the back vent closed, if you can open it up, that would be great! Most air circulation possible to keep that soil from forming green patches on top of the soli. If that happens, definitely need more air.
Also, the biggest challenge on growing is not to overwatering/feed. Wait until the soil is completely dry.
This plant only grow during "dry soil" . Once her leaves drop from thirst is my indicator to water/feed.
Overwatering the plant kills trich development and yield.
Took me awhile to figure that out, but I'm a slow learning..
Cheers bro, and hope you kill it
:passitleft:
Thank you for that information bud brother! I'll open the hatch and record it for the next week.

Opinions on:
1. Leaf coloring/discoloring,
2. Plant height,
3. Sound arguments for either leaving the 3gall pots with two plants, or separating them and why.
4. And putting 1 plant into flower early at this height and stage... Pros/Cons

My opinions, notwithstanding those of others:

1. They look OK, but not vigorous - I would drench all of the pot when watering so there are no dry zones [+CaMg?]
2. More Nitrogen and raising the light will produce the Christmas tree shape, if that's what you're aiming for
3. Two plants in one pot is no problem, they will both fill the space with the strongest fruiting branches
4. If you flip a photoperiod plant this early, there is not enough stored energy in the plant to produce a decent yield and it will take a month or more to produce flowering hormones instead of a week or two

Hope that is tasty food for thought
:hookah:

Welcome to 420 @Starrfoxx

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Starrfoxx

You will find a lot of growers on here that want to help you succeed.
It is up to you if you want to use the resources available.
At first it may seem a little pushy, but we just want to help.

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

True enough.

*Went back in and redid the little tent a bit cleaner.
*Raised the lights from the tops of the canopy higher.
*Opened the vent (great advice, didn't even realize I had one on the Melonfarm Tent 😅, but that's what the Budderhood is for lol).
*Spaced the pots out more (going to map out a movement schedule so I can remember who hasn't been in what numbered position on the floor, ensuring each plant gets time in the center.)

It's a lot of work and research but everytime I see that tent I smile.

every damn time. 💚

True enough.

*Went back in and redid the little tent a bit cleaner.
*Raised the lights from the tops of the canopy higher.
*Opened the vent (great advice, didn't even realize I had one on the Melonfarm Tent 😅, but that's what the Budderhood is for lol).
*Spaced the pots out more (going to map out a movement schedule so I can remember who hasn't been in what numbered position on the floor, ensuring each plant gets time in the center.)

It's a lot of work and research but everytime I see that tent I smile.

every damn time. 💚
That's the joys of growing bro I'm going away so I'm having to wait but itching to get my tent full again! I seem to be appreciating my own bud alot more now to 👌🏽

I was quite busy yesterday but after seeing @Roy Growin post I had another look and I'm not sure about the colour of your leaves if their light, dark or if it's just lighting but don't want you to run on some false info on my part.. if the leaves to your eye are light then it could be lack of food or you may need some calmag like he said. If their dark then you'd need less food. Hopefully you got that message anyway but plenty of time to get them on track now. ✌🏽

2 plants in one pot severely limits the maximum genetic potential of the plants, especially if you’re running 2 separate cultivars in one. If all you’re concerned with is yield and you’re growing synthetically this isn’t a problem.

If quality is desired one plant per pot will always be the better choice. One plant can fill any size pot you give it with a strong root ball allowing the plant to reach its maximum genetic potential. Cannabis plants in pots are only ever limited by the pot size itself (all other limiting factors accounted for)

I prefer one plant per one 15 gallon pot at a bare minimum if I’m trying to max out a strains potential. Currently I have one plant per 3 gallon fabric pot and they’ve already filled out the entire container and will likely produce far more per gallon than if I had mixed in other cultivars. This has to do with the bacteria in my soil and more specifically the rhizophagy bacteria. Each cultivar has its own strain specific bacteria it prefers and utilizes.

If you’re growing synthetically however, you can get away with a lot more since you’re feeding the plants directly and the bacteria/microbes are essentially irrelevant to your process any way.

In your specific situation right now I likely wouldn’t bother attempting to switch them out. Their roots are intertwined by now and will be very difficult to disentangle without at least shocking them.

They’re autos so you don’t have time for possibly shocking them, plus you’re using FF nutrient line so max genetic potential isn’t going to happen regardless of what you do or don’t do. When it comes to autos it’s far more important you don’t stress the plants out than if they were photos. Stress isn’t great in either but with photos you have time to readjust.

Your soil looks like it could use some extra perlite mixed into it going forward. You’re showing signs of overwatering and the soil looks a bit thick and chunky.

If quality is desired one plant per pot will always be the better choice. One plant can fill any size pot you give it with a strong root ball allowing the plant to reach its maximum genetic potential. Cannabis plants in pots are only ever limited by the pot size itself (all other limiting factors accounted for)
At one time I deliberately would put two clones into the same container. Example being that I started off with 5 clones all taken from the same mother within minutes of each other. Then when rooted and sometimes after a transplant or two I would put 3 of the clones into their own final pot. The remaining two clones would end up in one pot which was the same size as the other 3 and filled with soil from the same bucket.

My end result was that each pot of soil produced the same quantity at harvest within a few grams of each other. The pot with the two plants in it also produced the same amount as the other pots within a few grams. In other words, I did not get double the amount from two plants, not even close. Two plants together split the nutrients and gave me the same amount.

Pots with two plants did require more water though. The two plants would look like they were close to the same size at harvest as compared to the plants sitting in a pot by themselves; however, they had fewer leaves and it would appear that the individual root mass was less. It was the buds were meeting the quantity goal since each of the two plants in the one pot contributed approx 1/2 of the harvest from that pot. The two plants together were competing for water and for nutrients both from the soil and from any additional feeding which is a down side since it meant more attention to that pot as compared to the others.

Tried this "two plants in one pot" a few times with the same end results. Still, it is an interesting little experiment to play around with and if growing or gardening is a hobby doing this a couple of times fun learning experience.

And, all this is different, yet related, when in the summertime some gardeners will deliberately put 2, 3 or even up to 5 annual flowering plants into a container as a way to create a special looking arrangement.

At one time I deliberately would put two clones into the same container. Example being that I started off with 5 clones all taken from the same mother within minutes of each other. Then when rooted and sometimes after a transplant or two I would put 3 of the clones into their own final pot. The remaining two clones would end up in one pot which was the same size as the other 3 and filled with soil from the same bucket.

My end result was that each pot of soil produced the same quantity at harvest within a few grams of each other. The pot with the two plants in it also produced the same amount as the other pots within a few grams. In other words, I did not get double the amount from two plants, not even close. Two plants together split the nutrients and gave me the same amount.

Pots with two plants did require more water though. The two plants would look like they were close to the same size at harvest as compared to the plants sitting in a pot by themselves; however, they had fewer leaves and it would appear that the individual root mass was less. It was the buds were meeting the quantity goal since each of the two plants in the one pot contributed approx 1/2 of the harvest from that pot. The two plants together were competing for water and for nutrients both from the soil and from any additional feeding which is a down side since it meant more attention to that pot as compared to the others.

Tried this "two plants in one pot" a few times with the same end results. Still, it is an interesting little experiment to play around with and if growing or gardening is a hobby doing this a couple of times fun learning experience.
That’s about what I would expect in that situation at best. Extra resources for similar results. The fact that they were clones likely helped a lot, whereas different strains would probably cause some big issues, especially in smaller pots.

With how massive the plant can get on its own, it only makes sense to me to give each plant the absolute maximum amount of space you can give it. It will use every inch of space and the nutrients in that space if you let it. Some of the users around here have posted images of plants almost the size of my house lol.

My MiL was growing in 10 gallon fabrics but kept putting them directly on the ground. Without fail the roots would spread into the ground and she would find herself having to dig them out at harvest. The plants would get huge but they’d be anchored deeply in the ground. One plant can take up some serious space, and use every last nutrient in that space for itself if you let it.

And, all this is different, yet related, when in the summertime some gardeners will deliberately put 2, 3 or even up to 5 annual flowering plants into a container as a way to create a special looking arrangement.

You could definitely create some aesthetically pleasing and unique stuff doing this. Plus there’s also companion planting if you really wanna have a few plants going at once.

Regardless of all of it though, plants are really cool and they’ll grow in the oddest of places under some wild conditions. Also I’m the kind of person that thinks “hey if you wanna give it a shot, go right ahead” why not try it? If nothing else you’ll get some extra experience under your belt

Back
Top Bottom