New member looking for info regarding RSO

merley

420 Member
Hi ... I'm new to this forum. I am a 74 year old woman and was diagnosed last Nov with oral and lung cancer, also in the neck lymph nodes. I had the spot of cancer under my tongue removed in Feb and have decided to try the RSO . I do not want Chemo or Radiation. I have a dear friend who has (so he says) the RSO so I've been taking it as directed , 1/2 grain of rice size , 3X/day.. doubling every 4 days. Today I am at full dose 1/3 gr 3X day. I will run out of oil soon and have had friends offer to make it but I am so confused about making sure it is the right stuff. How do I know if they are using the right plant or if it has the right THC/CBD's in it? Can you please tell me how do I know what plant they should be using to make the proper RSO. I'm getting desperate and nervous. I only have enough left for 11 more days. Also does anyone else on the RSO treatment have bowel problems? Other then being very (VERY) sleepy I am struggling with very painful constipation while doing this. I really appreciate any help anyone can offer. I'm pretty fuzzy brained right now and I am stressing about getting the right Oil... if I know the strains are correct I can relax and sleep and heal. Please help.

Hi Merley there are some great people here at 420 and will do all they can to help you.

A good place to start is this thread SweeSues - Cannabis Oil Study Hall . @SweetSue is a very active member and I am sure will be willing to answer all your questions. I tagged her in the message and she should be notified of this thread.

You can also post a message or question in the thread above. After you have the required number of messages in the forum you will be able to messenger her or any member directly.

Welcome merley :Namaste:

Troy01 has given you great advice. We have many members here that successfully use various forms of cannabis oil for treatment & the thread that he pointed to is the best place to start. Post on that thread & someone will help.

Ian

Hi ... I'm new to this forum. I am a 74 year old woman and was diagnosed last Nov with oral and lung cancer, also in the neck lymph nodes. I had the spot of cancer under my tongue removed in Feb and have decided to try the RSO . I do not want Chemo or Radiation. I have a dear friend who has (so he says) the RSO so I've been taking it as directed , 1/2 grain of rice size , 3X/day.. doubling every 4 days. Today I am at full dose 1/3 gr 3X day. I will run out of oil soon and have had friends offer to make it but I am so confused about making sure it is the right stuff. How do I know if they are using the right plant or if it has the right THC/CBD's in it? Can you please tell me how do I know what plant they should be using to make the proper RSO. I'm getting desperate and nervous. I only have enough left for 11 more days. Also does anyone else on the RSO treatment have bowel problems? Other then being very (VERY) sleepy I am struggling with very painful constipation while doing this. I really appreciate any help anyone can offer. I'm pretty fuzzy brained right now and I am stressing about getting the right Oil... if I know the strains are correct I can relax and sleep and heal. Please help.

merley......:hug: Take a breath, and try to release the fear. I'm glad you found us. Let me see what I can answer for you. I'll keep this brief, because the complete answer will stress you with too much.

We've put together a thread that explains how to take the oil you have left and extend it while also making it more bioavailable. This means you need less oil to get the same or better results.

BioBombs: Cannabis Oil With A Kick.

This work is in response to our understanding of what CajunCelt shared with us in his thread, which also has a regimen for cancer. We work as a team on the current pages of Cajun's thread to assist members looking for effective ways to use concentrated cannabis oil (CCO), what you call RSO, to treat cancer. Please feel free to join us there to take a more focused group approach to your journey.

A Base Regimen For Cancer

Our basic approach is to create Biobombs, while following Cajun's recommendations for bioavailability, which he covers on the first couple pages of that thread. Those Biobombs are used as suppositories, so you avoid the overwhelming euphoric effects of taking a gram of CCO a day. Respect merley. :high-five: I imagine that's a struggle to do consistently.

They'll also clear out that constipation. Are you taking opioids?

You're on the right track. In a pinch, any cannabinoids are a good thing, and your system is primed to stay on that healing path. We can talk more after you take that breath, get a sound couple night's sleep, and fear isn't your companion. I'd suggest you say hello at Cajun's thread. He passed away last year, but we stay active in his honor, and because we care.

We happen to be very good at replacing fear with joy in this neighborhood. These are good people. I'd trust them with my life any day. You're in good hands. :battingeyelashes::love:

merley, the gram a day in an oral dose may be overwhelming the endocannabinoid system. It goes through the gut, and the ECS controls the function of the gut. When you overwhelm the ECS it takes receptors off line. This may be what's causing the constipation. Just a thought that exploded across my mind.

Using suppositories, inserted just inside, you target the lymph system, which won't have the same overwhelming effect on the gut. Again, just my thoughts.

Can you share your water consumption rate? Cannabinoid therapies require lots and lots and lots of water. Says the woman reaching for her own bottle. Lol!

Thank you so much for the great advice. I'm "Merley's" daughter Darlene. Mom isn't feeling the best today, she's pretty crampy and nausea's . She has been really good at drinking a ton of water.. I am staying with her while she does this treatment and I have been keeping her glass full at all times. I juice for her in the morning, her appetite is not great but she is eating what I am putting in front of her. Mostly small amounts several times a day, salmon or tuna sandwich, banana slices with peanut butter, hard boiled egg, yogurt, applesauce and such. Other then being very sleepy the only struggle with this is the belly cramps and they are bad. She is really uncomfortable and hurting.

Sending loving, healing thoughts. :hug:

She’s asked about oil, and I was waiting to see her in Cajun’s thread, but I can offer some basics.

Lung cancer seems to respond most consistently to a ratio of 4:1 THC:CBD. That’s a fairly high concentration of the major euphoric cannabinoid, which is partly why we recommend suppositories. Again, biobombs stretch the oils.

Vaping is also recommended because it gets additional cannabinoids directly to the lungs, a fine accompaniment to the systemic benefits of the suppositories.

If she has the ability to direct terpene choices I’d be looking for beta-caryophyllene. It’s good for reducing inflammation. The rest of the info gets more detailed. Let’s save that for smaller chunks.

We’ll be here if she needs. :battingeyelashes:

Sending loving, healing thoughts. :hug:

She’s asked about oil, and I was waiting to see her in Cajun’s thread, but I can offer some basics.

Lung cancer seems to respond most consistently to a ratio of 4:1 THC:CBD. That’s a fairly high concentration of the major euphoric cannabinoid, which is partly why we recommend suppositories. Again, biobombs stretch the oils.

Vaping is also recommended because it gets additional cannabinoids directly to the lungs, a fine accompaniment to the systemic benefits of the suppositories.

If she has the ability to direct terpene choices I’d be looking for beta-caryophyllene. It’s good for reducing inflammation. The rest of the info gets more detailed. Let’s save that for smaller chunks.

We’ll be here if she needs. :battingeyelashes:

Thank you for your help... mom is sleeping a lot right now, the 1 gram a day has made her pretty "fuzzy" she hasn't been able to be online for a few days right now. I'm hoping in a few days when her body adjusts to this dose she will be back up and alert again. I'm doing the dosing for her , she really is "stoned" right now so it's 24/7 looking after her. I've been putting the oil on a cracker with some peanut butter to make it easier to eat... I'm doing 1/3 gram 3X a day. 7am 3pm & 11pm

Thank you for your help... mom is sleeping a lot right now, the 1 gram a day has made her pretty "fuzzy" she hasn't been able to be online for a few days right now. I'm hoping in a few days when her body adjusts to this dose she will be back up and alert again. I'm doing the dosing for her , she really is "stoned" right now so it's 24/7 looking after her. I've been putting the oil on a cracker with some peanut butter to make it easier to eat... I'm doing 1/3 gram 3X a day. 7am 3pm & 11pm
I'm pretty new to all this so sorry for the silly question but what is 4:1 ratio? how do I find out the ratio of what she is taking?

I'm pretty new to all this so sorry for the silly question but what is 4:1 ratio? how do I find out the ratio of what she is taking?

The plant has an expected cannabinoid count - the total number of cannabinoids you can expect to find in the harvested plant. The breeders express this as a percentage, and typically it’s about 10-20% THC.

This means that for every gram of cannabis we can expect to get a total cannabinoid count of around 100-200 mg, and approximately 10-20% would be THC. The same applies for CBD and other cannabinoids.

When we build a medicine we try to get so many mg of THC for every so many mg of CBD. That’s the ratio we build, and a 4:1 THC:CBD ratio means for every 4 mg of THC you’ll have 1 mg of CBD.

Those ratios can be customized for specific disease states being treated. With lung cancer we try to get the 4:1 or even 5:1. For other disease states it may be flipped, 1:5 THC:CBD.

The person who makes the oil knows the strain used and the expected cannabinoid count. They also likely know how to customize that mix. If not, send them our way and we can expand their knowledge and help them create better medicines.

It’s a fairly simple process that often looks intimidating. In this digital neighborhood we do our best to help make it feel more comfortable.

We also encourage lots of questions. :battingeyelashes: :love:

The plant has an expected cannabinoid count - the total number of cannabinoids you can expect to find in the harvested plant. The breeders express this as a percentage, and typically it’s about 10-20% THC.

This means that for every gram of cannabis we can expect to get a total cannabinoid count of around 100-200 mg, and approximately 10-20% would be THC. The same applies for CBD and other cannabinoids.

When we build a medicine we try to get so many mg of THC for every so many mg of CBD. That’s the ratio we build, and a 4:1 THC:CBD ratio means for every 4 mg of THC you’ll have 1 mg of CBD.

Those ratios can be customized for specific disease states being treated. With lung cancer we try to get the 4:1 or even 5:1. For other disease states it may be flipped, 1:5 THC:CBD.

The person who makes the oil knows the strain used and the expected cannabinoid count. They also likely know how to customize that mix. If not, send them our way and we can expand their knowledge and help them create better medicines.

It’s a fairly simple process that often looks intimidating. In this digital neighborhood we do our best to help make it feel more comfortable.

Thank you so much . Wow so much to learn. Mom and I have been reading and trying to educate ourselves but it really gets overwhelming. We started out reading everything we could find about the RSO and that's how we found you. Mom is also taking Essiac Herbal Extract from Rene M. Caisse RN. She is taking 3 tsp 3X/day. My mom will be 75 in May. She was still working (as a housekeeper, hard work) until she started the RSO treatment. She is a strong lady but this has really knocked her on her kester. It's hard to watch your mom look so weak and frail. When she first started the 1/2 grain of rice size , it wasn't too bad.. 4 days later the full grain put her in la la land for a day , each time she "double" put her in la la land for a day. She said about an hour and a half after her dose she got really sleepy. When she got close to the 1 gram a day she was stoned. It didn't seem to have any sort of schedule to it... sometimes she would take her morning dose and be normal mom then around 2:00 omg she was stoned , I mean stare at the walls, eyes the size of plates , lights on nobody home stoned. An hour later it was time for the next dose. I have to watch her like a hawk . She will be sleeping, I think deep sleep, snoring and all the sudden she bolts up and tries to walk but her legs are not steady. It's like having a toddler in the house. I can't leave for a min because I never know when she is going to wander . Other days she is very hard to wake for the 7am dose , when I get it into her she goes back to sleep for most of the day until I wake her again at 3pm for the next dose. She refused to eat for a few days... very frustrating. I finally figured out if I sneak like a cat burgler and put something on a little plate on the table near her, she tends to wake , eyes huge , notice the food, sit up eat and go back to sleep. So that's how I've been getting food into her. I/we expected the hibernation to hit, what we didn't know would happen is all this pain she is having in her tummy. It looks like she is 9 months pregnant , and my mom is a tiny women. The last two days she has felt very weak and sick to her stomach. She has been on the couch with cold cloths on her head, pillows under her knees to help take pressure off her tummy. She just feels plain horrible. I asked her if she wanted me to try and get the oil made into suppository's , she doesn't want that. She has another 7 weeks to take this RSO at a gram a day. Is this a normal reaction to the oil? I'm just wondering how others have felt while taking it. I would like to find out as much as I can to be able to help my mom get through this as comfortable as possible. Sorry for the long post but I think it's important that you know what has been going on so it might be easier for you to understand and maybe offer any idea's to me to help her. Thank you again so much for all your help.

The distended abdomen isn't a normal response to any therapy. Her doctors have no explaination for this?

Her stoned condition is an intolerance to the amount of THC she's taking orally. With the Essiac tea therapy underway at the same time I'd cut the cannabis oil dose down to 1/4, if it were my mother.

When we start an oral cannabinoid therapy it's at sub-therapeutic doses. Then you gradually increase the dose until the patient can't comfortably adjust to the euphoria. At that point you back off one step and stay there.

This is the optimal dose for the patient's Endocannabinoid system. More than that and you may cause the system to sort of work against you. It will begin pulling receptors into the cells, taking them offline because the system can't function to heal the body with too much stimulation.

When Rick Simpson suggested one gram a day we didn't have the information from clinics to discount the appropriateness of that dose. We do now. Most cancers respond positively to THC doses well below 300 mg a day. It surprised all of us, but the evidence is there in plain sight.

One way to control the euphoria is to break the daily dose into 4-5 seperate doses. This stretches out the THC dose. Another technique is to increase the CBD ratio, which will soften the euphoria. Get CBD high enough in ratio and you can eliminate the euphoric effects of THC.

Another method is to use suppositories, inserted right inside the sphincter muscle. This gets the THC into the system without the overwhelming euphoria she's living with now. The dose she's on now, administered by mouth, is not safe for her, based on her behavior alone.

A good regimen isn't about getting high. If you're getting high you're losing medicinal value. It means the THC in the medicine is being converted by the liver into 11-hydroxy THC, much more potent than the delta-9 THC that entered the system, and lacking the ability to kill cancer cells the way delta-9 THC will.

We know suppositories aren't a popular method, but we recommend them because they work.

That distended abdomen is something to be concerned about. In my opinion it's your priority at the moment.

The distended abdomen isn't a normal response to any therapy. Her doctors have no explaination for this?

Her stoned condition is an intolerance to the amount of THC she's taking orally. With the Essiac tea therapy underway at the same time I'd cut the cannabis oil dose down to 1/4, if it were my mother.

When we start an oral cannabinoid therapy it's at sub-therapeutic doses. Then you gradually increase the dose until the patient can't comfortably adjust to the euphoria. At that point you back off one step and stay there.

This is the optimal dose for the patient's Endocannabinoid system. More than that and you may cause the system to sort of work against you. It will begin pulling receptors into the cells, taking them offline because the system can't function to heal the body with too much stimulation.

When Rick Simpson suggested one gram a day we didn't have the information from clinics to discount the appropriateness of that dose. We do now. Most cancers respond positively to THC doses well below 300 mg a day. It surprised all of us, but the evidence is there in plain sight.

One way to control the euphoria is to break the daily dose into 4-5 seperate doses. This stretches out the THC dose. Another technique is to increase the CBD ratio, which will soften the euphoria. Get CBD high enough in ratio and you can eliminate the euphoric effects of THC.

Another method is to use suppositories, inserted right inside the sphincter muscle. This gets the THC into the system without the overwhelming euphoria she's living with now. The dose she's on now, administered by mouth, is not safe for her, based on her behavior alone.

A good regimen isn't about getting high. If you're getting high you're losing medicinal value. It means the THC in the medicine is being converted by the liver into 11-hydroxy THC, much more potent than the delta-9 THC that entered the system, and lacking the ability to kill cancer cells the way delta-9 THC will.

We know suppositories aren't a popular method, but we recommend them because they work.

That distended abdomen is something to be concerned about. In my opinion it's your priority at the moment.

I really appreciate all your help with this. I will definitely talk to her about the suppositories, and I agree the distended tummy has me very nervous. My mom is my top priority right now and anything that I can do to help her is my goal. I tried to talk to her yesterday about seeing the doctor , I don't want to upset her but I also don't want to sit by and see her suffer. I wish you could have met my mom, she is one strong lovable woman. Single mom for many years... our house was the "Go to" place. She worked hard her whole life and still working at 74 years old... last year she had a sore in her mouth and figured it was her dentures not fitting right, she lost a lot of weight , I figured it was from working and age. Anyway the horrible news came back ... Cancer. Immediately she told all of us kids she would not do Chemo or Radiation. She would however try this RSO thing and if it was meant to be it would work. The mouth cancer really scared her.. she wanted it out and out NOW. The doctors dicked around and wanted test after test after test. This was so upsetting to her and aged her like crazy. My mom has probably only been to a doctor a handful of times since I was a child and I'm 56. Anyway she put her foot down and insisted they remove it from her mouth. She thought it would be much like the biopsy. NOT.... they cut her so much and her tongue looked like a cows tongue.. 5 times too big for her mouth... they did this in a chair with just freezing then we had a 1 1/2 drive home with her on percocette 's (? spelling) way to much medication for her... she doesn't even take tylenol ( tough old girl...lol) She ended up passing out and we had to call an ambulance and have her taken to the local ER... doctors there said far to strong of medication and changed her to morphine.. Kept her 5 hours and hydrated her and sent her home. It was a week of hell for her all cut up in her mouth. She took it like a trooper. 2 weeks later she started the RSO it's been a journey for all of us and one we really know nothing about. My brother is not really on board with this although he respects her decision. My sister in law is a RN so Oil is not in her treatment plan but she also agrees to support my mom in her decision. I am flying by the seat of my pants trying to learn as much as possible and care for her while she is doing this. We talked and researched as best we could since her diagnoses last Nov. Since my brother and his wife are "Medical" inclined they will not get involved so I'm on my own to figure this out. I'm trying to respect my mothers wishes to do this and want to make sure while she is not able to take care of herself right now that I am doing what is best for her. It is very comforting to be able to come to this site and talk and ask question and get answers. You are my support system right now and I can't thank you enough. Honestly without this site I would be lost.

If you're more comfortable in this thread we can keep the conversation going here. That's entirely up to you. In CajunCelt's thread there's a team who can be more supportive. We'll do all we can to get you through this comfortably. But we can work through this here too.

Our conventional medical system seems incredibly adept at harming. Your mother deserves better. You've chosen two excellent methods for healing. The cannabinoid dose could stand some tweaking so she can be there as she heals. That would help make everyone more comfortable and possibly accelerate healing.

We're evolved to heal, and the fear doctors instil in their patients counteracts a force that heals best when you express joy. I'm surprised it's taking them so long to understand this, but then one doesn't make a lot of money telling people they'll heal better if they can laugh heartily more often. Too jaded?

There's an organization called Aunt Zelda's, headed by a marvelous woman named Mara Gordon and staffed by trained and experienced clinicians. You can find them online. They charge for their service, but we highly recommend you check them out. I have yet to hear someone say it was a waste of funds. They don't support suppositories, and I accept that, although I'm not alone in my own beliefs. I'm not, nor is anyone else here, a trained professional. I'm simply a friend who studies and shares, with a gift for communication.

We care more about the good they'll do for you than about you following our suggested protocol.

I'm surrounded here by the most compassionate souls, who'll do anything they can to help someone stay calm and find a healing path. We'll be here, in this room or Cajun's, but we'll be there. :circle-of-love:

I second the suggestion to ask a doctor about her distended stomach. I agree with Sue, that should be top priority.

Also agree that safety is a huge concern the way she is reacting to the 1gm a day dose. Risk for falling and injury worry me, and at 75 her capacity to heal from bumps, scratches, and falls is not great. “First, do no harm” is something that we all should consider when dosing for ourselves or others.

Desperation pushes people past their comfort zone BigBear. I’ve been there. :battingeyelashes::love:

It’s easy to get caught up, and so many are inexperienced with cannabis and simply don’t understand what they’re witnessing. That’s why we’re here.

Sometimes it’s good to stop, take a breath, and remember there’s time and we’re eternal creatures.

Mom was far to sick last night to take the 11pm dose and again this morning at 7am. She is extremely nausea's this morning and the pain in her tummy is still really bad. I've called the doctor and he will be out this afternoon to see what is going on. I will try to switch over to CajunCelt's thread, I did go there and read a lot of the posts. I'm not that great a maneuvering around, technically challenged. LOL Thank you for the wonderful support. I will let you know what the doctor says.

Desperation pushes people past their comfort zone BigBear. I’ve been there. :battingeyelashes::love:

I know you have, you are very open about the journey with your husband. I think everyone here is grateful for you being here.

And I also know that Darlene and Merley are doing their best in a very trying situation. I didn’t mean to sound patronizing.

Back
Top Bottom