New plant looks like its dieing

sikk66

hi all long time reader first time posting first of all love the site lots and lots of great info ok so my problem is that my is only about two weeks old and its first set of rippled leaves are really drooping and are looking quite yellow and the next set is looking yellow as well this is my first time grow its in a pc case with 3 26w CFL's which are about 40cm away has two 80mm pc fans im running a 24/0 veg light cycle as the temps drop too much in the dark period here is a pic of it any help would be greatly appreciated

20120725_2214041.jpg

More than likely requires a little feed, 1/4 strength nutrient solution should perk the plant up a tad :thumb:

I'm not totally keen on wood chip/bark based composts tho as it may strip nitrogen from the soil !

ok so i hit it with some nutes this morning and the leaves arnt yellow anymore and they arnt drooping as much but the second set of leaves came through which is good is it supposed to be growing that slow i looked at pics of plants at 3 weeks in soil and thay are huge mine have been under lights for 2 weeks now and its no where near that big

Id be careful with nutes at this stage.. Theyre easliy fried.. Most soils have enuf nutrients to sustain them for a while, just water is usually all they require.. Unless youre soil is not a potting mix with any nutes you may want a low dosage of n,p,k..
It may take a while to catch up but she will!!
I was worried about my current grow, and cos i chekd her so much didnt notice much difference, but now its less regular and i can see growth now when i look..
So just take your time doing things right first, then as she gets larger look into what else you can do ok.. Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;) SMOKEM..

yer im using a potting mix with no nutes dumb purchase lol yer as it is my first grow i check it every 5mins sometimes lol whats good n,p,k nutes i should use im using miracle grow max feed atm but seen everyone bashes on it so i was going to get some fox farm trio or my local hydro shop stocks canna brand stuff so many to choose from

yer im using a potting mix with no nutes dumb purchase lol yer as it is my first grow i check it every 5mins sometimes lol whats good n,p,k nutes i should use im using miracle grow max feed atm but seen everyone bashes on it so i was going to get some fox farm trio or my local hydro shop stocks canna brand stuff so many to choose from

You dont need any major brand nutes, justa regular Fertiliser with N,P,K- i use a product here called Nitrosol,its only, 10N,6p,8K.. You wont need much only every 3rd water at about quarter strength at most til she gets bigger.. Id hold off on nutes, buy some potting mix and put it in a pot, carefully transplant your seedling from its current pot/soil and re-plant it in new pot with potting mix or similar..
That way it may take a few days to kik on but it will stop any nute burn it may get from nutes, possibly killing it at this stage..
And also i just noticed you said your lights are 40cm away... THATS TOO FAR FOR CFL'S!! Put em about 3 inches above her mate.. It wont burn with CFL's mate, and needs the lights that close or it wont grow properly..It will stretch and not bush out. Also, its fine to have no dark for a while, i do it for few weeks,then go 20/4, then to 18/6 until flower..
And you need 6500k CFL's for veg..Goodluk bro!:thumb:

You can go to a local nursery and get soil fairly cheap, also walmart has many organic potingmix for a decent price. Jus test the ph n go from there. And as smokemupm8 said you dont need nutes that early i havent used any n shes doin fine but you never know. A good ph tester is your best friend! Ive learned many proplems can be prevented by keepin the ph on check.

ok i grabbed some miracle grow organic potting mix and smokem i brought nitrosol ages ago and i completely forgot about it lol will repot it after

the plant looks a bit better but it looks like it has nute burn now think i mixed it a bit strong should i repot and flush with deminrilised water

the plant looks a bit better but it looks like it has nute burn now think i mixed it a bit strong should i repot and flush with deminrilised water

Na well if youve re-potted it, leave it.. But other wise yeah re pot her in good soil, give good water of distilled water or whatever..She wont take long to grow out of it, she will just not look the best for few days, unless she's been cooked?? Fingers crossed..
Goodluk and happy Harvesting;) Smokemup..

yer she dont look that bad can just notice a few little spots this arvo after dinner ill repot and give her a good water

ok i decided to give her a flush and get her healthier then i repot it looks very droopy atm hope she pulls through

How often are you watering? A pot that big with a plant that small would only need to be watered anywhere from once every 6-15 days. Especially since you said you are in a ccooler area, which would mean the soil would hold on to moisture even more.

ok it was growing super slow and and all the leaves were wilting so i thought id see how long it would last about 1cm under the lights as i was about to give up left it 24hrs and checked it, it was like half the size the night before and all droopy look at it now
20120809_212304.jpg

See!!! Told you to put ur lights closer on my last post!! 40cm was way too far for Cfls, about 2 inch will be fine, if too close you still may get bleaching - light colored leaves.. Shes looking on her way now, so just make sure ur lights are 6500k's for veg and kept abot 2 inch from tops. A small fan blowing on her will help her build sum strength in stems also!:goodjob:
Later buddy, Smokem..

yer smokem when u said move her closer i did but it didnt do anything when i put it that the leaves were almost touching the bulb then she got happy will move it a bit away now and i have a fan blowing on it

and how long should i veg for im in no rush just would like it to be about 80cm high coz thats all the room i have but i have plenty of room for bushyness lol

Back
Top Bottom