New Time Grower - Long Time Smoker

Another week down another update. Audrey III is 7 weeks old today. She is fattening up very well. I normally wouldn't say that about a girl. Smell is getting quite pungent. Smells like lemon pledge just not as strong. According to the seed bank should be a few more weeks to harvest. Have a jewelers loupe on the way to check out trichomes. Everything thing appears to be going great, no real issues. Watering about a gallon every other day. I have been reading up on harvesting a lot as not to screw it up when it comes. Well here's a few photos of Audrey III. Enjoy.
420-magazine-mobile776496653.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1653446930.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1547667948.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1478344568.jpg
420-magazine-mobile483208506.jpg
420-magazine-mobile529240280.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1216070294.jpg

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Hey Rick, how's it been going lately? Your plant sure seems to be doing great! I haven't been around much but now that I am back them buds have packed on some weight since then. Good to see things are frosty in here, that will be some very nice home grown smoke for ya :) Keep up the good work

Hey Rick, how's it been going lately? Your plant sure seems to be doing great! I haven't been around much but now that I am back them buds have packed on some weight since then. Good to see things are frosty in here, that will be some very nice home grown smoke for ya :) Keep up the good work
Thanks dick23rk. It's going good. Been busy reading The Cannabis Breeding Bible and reading up on harvesting/curing cannabis also using gibberellic acid to create feminized seeds. It's really peaked my interest. Other than that working and keeping the wife happy. I know you've been real busy. You'll have to let me know about the new led light. I've been looking at that brand too. Thanks again and take care.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub
Another week down another week closer to harvest. Audrey III is 8 weeks today. Hairs are starting to turn orange. Should be about 2-3 weeks until harvest, but we shall see. She seems to be doing great. For my first time no real issues have arose. I truly hope all future grows go this smoothly. Well here are a few pictures. Take care all.
420-magazine-mobile1148186890.jpg
420-magazine-mobile3417523.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1211612089.jpg
420-magazine-mobile976922353.jpg

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Another week, another update. Audrey III is 9 weeks today. Everything thing seems to be winding down in a good way. I honestly didn't expect 1 plant to be so pungent, so I never got a exhaust scrubber. Well had to purchase one due to the smell and is working great. Found out there is a mouse or mice in my damn basement due to winter coming. So I've been frantically caulking/sealing up anything that remotely looks like a passage way. Well here's some photos should only be 2 weeks left if that. Everyone take care and Happy Thanksgiving.
420-magazine-mobile1270819666.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2091206458.jpg
420-magazine-mobile81341671.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1640281278.jpg

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Audrey III is 10 weeks today. Was going to chop her down this weekend but I'm thinking it will be next weekend. Leaves are yellowing which is supposed to be normal from what I've read. So not stressing over it. Everything thing is going well, looking forward to tasting. Well here are a few photos, nothing to extraordinary.
420-magazine-mobile468838132.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2057099426.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1711106304.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1407349355.jpg

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

That taller bud looks FAT! :yummy: What are the trichomes showing?
Yeah that main cola got quite big. The trichomes are showing a good few amber mostly cloudy with some at the very bottom clear. So I hope next weekend will be time. It would be consistent with the seed company specs of 80-85 days. Thanks and take care Fuzz, I'm loving the Dark Devils of yours.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Well I did it. I chopped Audrey III down! I honestly thought it was going to be harder (emotionally) but I was able to do it with a big ass grin on my face.
420-magazine-mobile1376586655.jpg

So Ive been reading up on curing and 1 method peaked my interest, water curing. So I said what the hell, let's give this a go.
420-magazine-mobile2109530396.jpg

In memoriam of Audrey III:
420-magazine-mobile1472711079.jpg
420-magazine-mobile413822733.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1905154075.jpg
420-magazine-mobile805049156.jpg
420-magazine-mobile618423148.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1203040861.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1095453027.jpg
420-magazine-mobile282649468.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1180381714.jpg

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Congratulations on the harvest! :high-five:

I've watered cured a few times before. Other than reducing the smell and taste, it never seemed to affect the high from what I could tell. I found 5 days was plenty long enough in the water, just be sure to change the water each day. It will smell icky the first couple days and then get clearer each day after. When I took them out of the water, I spread them out on newspaper or paper towels and dried them with a fan pointed directly at them until they were no longer sopping wet. Once the majority of the excess water has evaporated off you can turn the fan away from them and dry them slower if you like. I've had some that I forgot about and the fan was on them the whole time until they were snap dry. It was still a smooth vape. They may not smell like much when they go in the jars, but the odor and flavor becomes more pronounced after a couple weeks. Obviously, not as strong as air dried though.

Congratulations on the harvest! :high-five:

I've watered cured a few times before. Other than reducing the smell and taste, it never seemed to affect the high from what I could tell. I found 5 days was plenty long enough in the water, just be sure to change the water each day. It will smell icky the first couple days and then get clearer each day after. When I took them out of the water, I spread them out on newspaper or paper towels and dried them with a fan pointed directly at them until they were no longer sopping wet. Once the majority of the excess water has evaporated off you can turn the fan away from them and dry them slower if you like. I've had some that I forgot about and the fan was on them the whole time until they were snap dry. It was still a smooth vape. They may not smell like much when they go in the jars, but the odor and flavor becomes more pronounced after a couple weeks. Obviously, not as strong as air dried though.

Thank you very much Fuzz for the tip on drying afterwards. I couldn't find a lot of literature or videos about water curing. The decrease in smell is perfectly fine with me, I don't need my house smelly. Will let you know how it tastes in about 5 days. Thanks and take care.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Hey well done amigo. How did the smoke turn out?

Peace, Hyena

Back
Top Bottom