New to planting

Hydroponic Man

420 Member
This is my first crop (two plants) of White Widow. Grown from two single seeds. As stated, I never have grown my own plants before. I believe they are ready to harvest. Nice large Buds and multiple. How can I be sure of the correct time to dry my plants. They will be dried upside down hung on a hanger in darkness. The temperature should be around 60 degrees. Unsure of the humidity. My plans are to use the buds in edibles and a slight possibility of smoking. Also, I have three seeds left for next season. Thanks for the help!

Welcome Hydroponic Man,

kindly suggest you buy a hygrometer $10 to $15ish (temperature & relative humidity gauge) You don’t want to be guessing at proper environmental conditions for drying your harvest.

Also see VPD chart to dial in your grow room- unless of course you are in the great outdoors.

1665530493945.jpeg

This is my first crop (two plants) of White Widow. Grown from two single seeds. As stated, I never have grown my own plants before. I believe they are ready to harvest. Nice large Buds and multiple. How can I be sure of the correct time to dry my plants. They will be dried upside down hung on a hanger in darkness. The temperature should be around 60 degrees. Unsure of the humidity. My plans are to use the buds in edibles and a slight possibility of smoking. Also, I have three seeds left for next season. Thanks for the help!
Hi Hydro

from all ive read, drying RH runs hand in hand with you regions RH, so if you live in a low RH region dry will happen faster and you will need to try keep the RH up, if you live in a high RH region, you will need to try keep the RH down....

you want to dry the buds between 3-10 days, i try to keep it between 7-10 days @65RH

rather a slower dry than a fast dry, the fast dry gives it a hay smell

just remember that air circulation is important during the dry to prevent ''the mold''

Hey @Hydroponic Man,

I recommend a hand-held microscope for checking the trichomes. I use a Carson MicroBrite Plus, $15.

They'll be ready when all the pistils have turned brown/red and crinkled. The buds will undergo a final "swell". The trichomes should be all cloudy. If you like more couch lock, then let 20% or so of the trichs turn amber (THC degraded into CBD). Pictures would be very helpful.
Yes, but CBN not CBD.

You can find some helpful info on drying and curing from legendary cannabis expert Ed Rosenthal: HERE.

These may not be the best pictures but I hope they can help.

33F6B1E3-96F0-456A-ADAE-04EAF929A85A.jpeg

12BC2A2D-B110-4C86-BE02-BDB058731E8E.jpeg

CA2DED61-0012-4A74-8666-DE02DF9B829B.jpeg

Still a lot of white pistils buddy I would think you have a few weeks to go.

60f is tad on the low side for drying & you really need to double check your RH this is quite important.

Thank you for your insight. My problem was the weather was turning cold; in the 40s, so I had to cut them down and placed them inside for drying. Hope I didn’t do them wrong. Next year I will plant the seeds earlier to take the cold weather into consideration. My first plant date was mid March indoors using a hydroponic planter. After they grew to large for the planter, I transferred them into airports and placed them in my growing tent. Then, when they got to big for the tent, I placed them outside until I harvested them. Again, I hope that I wasn’t to early. I‘ll just have to wait and see. Again, thanks!

It would appear you have gone to a great length for an out door grow.

Whilst there is no harm in starting them of indoors but you may of placed them out doors to late to allow for suitable flowering period.

Where as a controlled environment with forced timings has a quicker turn over.

I did ponder over the size of grow tent & how long you vegged them for to get to big tho ?

Back
Top Bottom