New to this Growing. Where ever are the Green Thumbs?

setup_3.JPEG

setup_2.JPEG

setup.JPEG

IMO I think it would be to your benefit if you change out that aluminum foil and replace it with Mylar. Aluminum Foil can burn holes in your plants from the tiny focal points reflecting the light. Be sure you watch that closely so you don't accidentally burn the leaves or heaven forbid a hole in your main stalk. Other than that your plants are looking good!
Good luck. :smokin:

Yeah I agree buy a 2 dollar space blanket at wall mart camping section or buy a little panda plastic 4~6 mil. I made the same decision with my first grow years ago, I even lined a room with mirrors including the floor. Great in theory but in practice not so much. Good luck everything looks lovely!

thanks guys! ive been tryn to think of somethin better than aluminum foil cuz i keep having to add more and more with them growing so much. Great idea! Other wise everything is going perfect. I ended up just using my two best and got rid of the rest. Oh yeah i do got sum fire shit that just sprouted( its been keepin me high since my last probee visit) shh dnt tell anyone lol. any ways ima go take sum new pics and let u see was up.
ps keep hookin me up wit pointers..you guys are makin this too easy!!!!!!

Suggestion and to aswer ur last question from 1st post

Start a grow journal, or ask staff to move this to the journal section. U got some nice lookin plants. My only question is y did u throw out the others? Are u even sure that the plants u have left are females? Determining the sex early on is very important. As far as food goes any hydro store can tell u good detail about the different nutrients. Asking here u'll get many different answers as we all have opinions and are preferential to different products for different reasons. I'd say most 3 part plant (micro, grow, bloom) nutrients found in ur local hydro store would work. Check around. Good luck :peace:

To tell you the truth about the ones i got rid of....they werent doing so good plus i kinda got spooked that if i started to do too many, i would get overwhelmed or in trouble. so im taking a big risk but im a patient dude and if it doesnt happen this time it will next time. thanx for your concern and i will be sure to check into a food store around town and see what they have best to offer .....thankyou
heres the new pics...
new_1.JPEG

new_2.JPEG

new_3.JPEG

They're lookin good. U notice how the one on the left is growing to the right (toward the light)? The plants follow the light, to promote even growth its a good idea to rotate ur pots a 1/4 turn per day. Just a suggestion. I like the pots. How big are they (how many gallons)? Don't do this now, but next time start with a full pot of soil. Use all allowable space, Now the plants have to be transplanted a lot sooner. Also, cannabis roots prefer deeper pots as opposed to wider ones. The roots grow down not out. Just a tip.

Looks like a nice healthy start to your plants. Is this in a grow journal? I don't remember seeing it there. You may want to consider starting one over there as you will find many people that can help there. Nice thing is that other new growers can see what you did and learn from your successes and solutions to problems.

:goodjob:

How 2 Make a Grow Journal

U can start here.How to Make a Grow Journal Then go to the forums tab (3rd from right on top bar homepage) then scroll down to the grow room and click Grow Journals - 420 Magazine. Or u can click BWC BayAreas Largest Solo Grow To date in my signature *above the bong. This should be more than enough to get u started.

ok i got a question...At what point am i suposed to start flowering? i was just looking threw the site and saw that some peoples plants look younger than mine but they said they are already flowering. Am i just freaking out or should i have already started? I have my lights on 24/7 right now and i didnt know if i should be cutting back on the day period and start letting it rest. anyways everything looks good and i picked up the space blankets today and they are working beautifully. thanks

well if they are gonna double in size then maybe i should start. space is already getting tight.does this mean i should switch them to a 12 on 12 off program. Or do i need to slowly wean them off the light or does it matter? ima do some reading up but fill free to put it in easier terms and directions for me cuz lets face it..after i smoke im not the best read and comprehension guy. well i will check in later and see what the wise have said. lol thanks

I agree with BWC here. My understanding is the less changes to the photoperiod in the plant's life, the better. Many hormonal systems are tied to these periods so changing them a lot causes undue stress on them. I'm doing what I can to avoid hermaphrodistic traits from showing up late in the grow.

Back
Top Bottom