New sprouts droopy and curled

Phillipallman

Hi guys so my new sprouts are growing tall now about 2 inches tall :) and a nice green colour I'm growing them in jiffy/peat pellets in a humidity dome under a 300 watt cfl they have opened up there first set of leaves but some of them are droopy pointing down and curled up a bit any one know what this is or is it normal ??

Here we go mate I checked them 1 hour a go and one of the plants route was poking thru the side off the jiffy pellet so I have just had to put them all in proper soil in there bigger containers with a glass of water but as for the drooping and curling what do you think ??
30600mkB_6_-thumb.jpg
30600mkB_6_-thumb.jpg
30600mkA_6_-thumb.jpg

It is not nute burn, seems like an overwet thing which is common with jiffy pellets as they stay very wet. I think they will be fine. Transplant and soak the soil in the bigger pot then let them go dry before watering again. They should almost be wilting before you water. Repeat this cycle over and over in veg. It keeps the roots healthy and searching for new water. This makes them branch out all over the pot. Overly wet soil can be very detrimental to the plants. Good luck! Start a grow journal if you can. People will really lend a helping hand to your grow!

Thanks mate and yes seeing as there was a route poking out of the side of the jiffy pellet it was getting light on the route so I transplanted them all in to there bigger pots with soil chucked a glass of water on each plant and wacked the light on :) so hopefully they will pull through now

I started a new grow . Wanted to try the stunted desk plant. Well,i have 3 going atm . 2 in a non Drainage pot. Which seem to be doing fine. But the other is in a self draining pot. Its leaves are very droopy tho. An the only thing i csn think of is over watering. Their all on the same schedule. And get the same amount of water. Im just trying to figure out y the pot that doesnt drain is doing better than the one that does. Ill post pics soon as i figure out how.

that's really strange mate I can't figure that out lol are you sure the soil mixtures are different so are retaining water more or could be light heat drying the others out better

Back
Top Bottom