Newb: Male or Female? Pics Here. Day 14 Flower - Thanks!

Sorry, I have to step in here..... You can sex a plant at anytime, when you change to 12/12 it WILL change.... You can just check and throw it back in veg when it shows. It will slow it down for a week or two while it switches back to veg.

As for your males, here is a good read it should give you a few ideas.
Pollination Method

Umm.. Obviously you know there's a difference between a clone and a seedling. A seedling will not show sex until it's sexually mature. Pushing a seedling to force sexual maturity by putting it under 12/12 before it's DNA ready(IE a two week seedling at 12/12), won't cause flowers to show up any sooner then they should.. Ever. Several people have theorized that it actually stresses the plants out and induces more males and hermies by putting the lights in solid 24s or putting them in 12/12 too early as both of them stress the plants out more then they're accustomed to in nature.

All clones are sexually mature because.. well, who the hell would clone an unsexed plant? :)

Umm.. Obviously you know there's a difference between a clone and a seedling. A seedling will not show sex until it's sexually mature. Pushing a seedling to force sexual maturity by putting it under 12/12 before it's DNA ready(IE a two week seedling at 12/12), won't cause flowers to show up any sooner then they should.. Ever. Several people have theorized that it actually stresses the plants out and induces more males and hermies by putting the lights in solid 24s or putting them in 12/12 too early as both of them stress the plants out more then they're accustomed to in nature.

All clones are sexually mature because.. well, who the hell would clone an unsexed plant? :)

I think I remember reading something on the difference between seeds and clones here somewhere.Yes of course before it flowers it has to be sexually mature. It will mature faster by changing the light schedule compared to waiting for pre flowers to show.. Not everyone wants to wait up to nine weeks to find out the sex of their plants, like everything in life different strains mature at different times.. My veg lights stay on 24/7 and I sex all seed plants @ 3 weeks, before they leave the two gal pot... Sucks have to mulch five gallons of soil because I waited to find out it was a male...I can count the males I have had in the last four years on one hand... In all honesty, if a little stress hermies a plant, I don't want the weak genetics any where near my garden. There are lots of things that are going to stress them the whole way through the grow, some I chose to chance, some I don't..... You pick what works best for you...

Hey Everyone.

Well I started this post almost two months ago, and at times it felt more like a journal then a simple question; Male or Female? I've learned a lot and really appreciate everyone that offered opinions and suggestions!!!

:bravo: to the entire 420mag community! It really grows on you!

Anyway, I always knew that I would end this thread, with the outcome of my 6 plants. It's been close to 1 week when the harvest was performed. From the minute that the manicure was started, I could notice that some of the branches DID contain buds with seeds, so you could definitely say that Hermies are present. Big props to you guys who called it from the early pics.

You may also have read that I tried a product from Dutch Master/Reverse and Penetrator. I can't honestly say that it DIDN'T work. I actually only got one application applied, and should have started applying it early in the flowering period. So in the future, if I have some time, I might just run another cycle to test out performance and results. I might get a chance to test it on my current grow, I purchased seeds before knowing anything about growing and purchased WW regular seeds. I would hope there wouldn't be any Hermies and just rather male or female, so I can just eliminate from the grow. If you're interested in what I've got going, please feel free to drop in on the journal.

1st Grow - Ebb-N-Grow : Afghan Kush, White Widow, Bag Seed!

And Finally, you didn't think I'd leave you in suspense, did you? I've got a couple of pics of the harvest and a quick little smoke report!

So, here's a picture of some of the branches drying after manicure. I've never dried before, so I was testing this basket, and then I've got some more (not in this pic) hanging on a string in the room.

Really don't have a total weight. Best guess, a couple of oz's. But on to a little smoke report. So nothing has been properly cured, that's happening just about now. But we had some "shake" or popcorn buds that dried quicker than the others so I used that for a little test. It's been in a jar for a couple of days.

Decided to test with the Vape not so much for the taste at this point, but for the buzz and medicinal value. Lemmie say, it's not so bad being a Hermie! I knew from the beginning that the bag seed I was using was from a great batch that my pharmacist supplied some time back. I'm not disappointed in the least about the SMALL amount of seeds that I've been dealing with. Is it optimal, NO, but for my 1st grow ever, the strengths outweigh the shortcomings.

Anyway, I think I've covered everything, but if there's anything I missed on, please feel free to ask away.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread. Hopefully in the future anyone that may encounter a similar situation will have this thread to use for reference.

Now everyone, :bong:

SF
1st Grow - Ebb-N-Grow : Afghan Kush, White Widow, Bag Seed!

Thanks SS.

Just didn't want to reach the "margin of time" available to pull the males, before they would begin the pollination process, and ruin the ladies.

Since I can only rely on pictures here from other grows, my first hand experience with identification is obviously limited.

S.F
Ha !! I think you need to take a big toke and relax !! By the time you start seeing balls on the males, you've got a couple of days to quarintine them. I've left them in grow room for 5 days, with no pregnancys !! I can see no signs at this point, one way or the other, Could be all girls !! You got room for 6 girls ??:peace:

Ha !! I think you need to take a big toke and relax !! By the time you start seeing balls on the males, you've got a couple of days to quarintine them. I've left them in grow room for 5 days, with no pregnancys !! I can see no signs at this point, one way or the other, Could be all girls !! You got room for 6 girls ??:peace:

Hey Slo.

No prob. More was explained in the next few posts, you must not have seen/read them.

The last post here was the final. It's all done, so thanks I'll take you up on that toke!

It's all good, I learned a bunch.

SF

Hey Slo.

No prob. More was explained in the next few posts, you must not have seen/read them.

The last post here was the final. It's all done, so thanks I'll take you up on that toke!

It's all good, I learned a bunch.

SF
Yeah,
I figured out that it was an old posting right after i posted. How many of those 6, turned out female ??

Yeah,
I figured out that it was an old posting right after i posted. How many of those 6, turned out female ??

I believe it was four, which can't be that bad of odds from bag seed right? I grabbed a clone from one of the "ladies" and have her (would it be daughter) growing in my ebb-n-grow going on now. Just thought I'd try and keep it going.

Thanks man! :bong:
SF

Thanks for your posts. I've a similar situation (although my plant has pistils at only 3" height and 1 month from seed) and was looking for answers...the posts to your original question has helped :)

Back
Top Bottom