Newbie Fighting His Way Through His 2000 Watt Grow

:circle-of-love:Lookin good in here my man! +rep Amazing canopy for only 2000 watts! I had no idea you could cover that much ground with two 1000 watt bulbs. I saw that temps seemed to be your problem with the hydro setup. You may try looking into using ice chests. I found with a 10 gallon ice chest if you switch out 3 frozen water bottles once a day the temps are kept nice and low. Also its a pretty cheap method of cooling. Keep up the great work!
Thanks for the reps man!! Yeah, you can cover a 4x4 foot space effectively with a 1000 watt bulb. 5x5 is alright but its a little bit of a stretch. With two right next to each other, you can maximize that foot print by about 1 and a half or maybe two feet (depends on the hood I'm guessing).
Like I said before, ice chest idea is absolutely BRILLIANT!

Every pik looks better :) wow another man women grow team :) my partner is also very interested in my grows
She wouldnt be trusted to top though lol
The clones look very happy and your flowering room realy is a spectacle.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ur 2lb
I really hope ul be making some super potent hash from ur trimm when its time to chop?
Yep, we're a good team too! She was telling me last night that she'll cut me a break and only charge me $10 per clone! So that's pretty good... :laughtwo:
I'm not concerned about two pounds really. I'm just hoping for something close so that I have a reason to believe that 2 is possible on my own. I don't want a bunch of people knowing about this project of mine. The more people who know, the more likely you are to have problems. If I can't do it on my own then I would need to bring in someone to help and there goes my secret. But with you guys around, I may not need someone to come around at all :)

Every pik looks better :) wow another man women grow team :) my partner is also very interested in my grows
She wouldnt be trusted to top though lol
The clones look very happy and your flowering room realy is a spectacle.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ur 2lb
I really hope ul be making some super potent hash from ur trimm when its time to chop?

Oh yes, the hash will be rocking!!

:bravo:Fantastic first run E !!! And dont worry i always stress last couple weeks also but then they never let me down!!
Thanks for the props and encouragement! I worry too much, I know. I'm just excited for these last two weeks to show me what they got. I'm not even sure about this strain. I like that its resilient but once I'm dialed in and are not stressing them, I won't need such resilience. But they are tough little girls for sure!

:rofl:

Hey agree with rdooski3 you do have a big footprint but you've managed to keep them solid too. I rekon you easily have at least 2 lb there now.
I don't know dash, I don't think there's two pounds there. But either way I'm pretty proud of this grow. My lady doesn't realize how well this has gone in the face of adversity. All the stress we put them through... Its a miracle really. Not only that but its a first true run. I'm excites for the next run already. I'm going to do a lot differently.
Thanks for the positive vibes bud brother, sometimes that makes all the difference! :thanks:

I watered them with a descent dose of nutrition. 550 ppm of the bloom booster and some AVALANCHE!! I say it all cocky like its going to work wonders. We'll see what happens. It is six weeks to the day tomorrow since I flipped them to 12-12. They showed flower one week later and now here we are. I'll take a pic or two in a little while. I was going to feed them tomorrow but they were really dry and needed it now. Crossing my fingers over the next two weeks, hoping they jump like they're supposed to.

Why only 550? im pretty sure they can take 1000 PPM now.

I don't know dash, I don't think there's two pounds there. But either way I'm pretty proud of this grow. My lady doesn't realize how well this has gone in the face of adversity. All the stress we put them through... Its a miracle really. Not only that but its a first true run. I'm excites for the next run already. I'm going to do a lot differently.
Thanks for the positive vibes bud brother, sometimes that makes all the difference! :thanks:

Yea man your being way to modest with your self. This is a great grow and you very well have your pound or more

switch out 3 frozen water bottles once a day the temps are kept nice and low. Also its a pretty cheap method of cooling. Keep up the great work!

I do that now. I add about 3 or 4 to my main res. Works like a charm :thumb:

Why only 550? im pretty sure they can take 1000 PPM now.

Yea man your being way to modest with your self. This is a great grow and you very well have your pound or more

I do that now. I add about 3 or 4 to my main res. Works like a charm :thumb:
Why only 550ppm you ask. Man, I got three words for you. Scotts Super Soil. That crap has had me guessing from the beginning and im pretty sure it has been the source of many of my problems. More than anything, I have no idea how much nutrients are in it, how long they last or in what NPK proportion they are. I want to give them more and I will on the next (which may be their last) feeding. Because by then a little too much isn't going to do much because I'm going to turn around and flush them anyway. Trust me, I thought about going with 1000 ppm but I then thought aboutbthe soil and how sensitive these things are to nutes, especially Nitrogen. If I'm going to mess up, I would rather it be on the side of caution. Especially this late in the grow.
Thanks for the positive words man. I'm truly not trying to be modest. I'm just not counting those eggs before they hatch. I'm really proud of what have accomplished so far and I'm happy to be sharing it with a bunch of fellow growers that are supportive and uplifting.

Not sure about this but I wanted you guys to take a look. I know its not a huge deal but that doesn't mean it won't become one. Look at the edges of a few of the small leaves on the buds. They have some gold/brown edges I thought it might be a slight P or K deficiency. They're only on this one plant so far or at least they're not very obvi
Leaf_brown_2.jpg
Leaf_brown.jpg
ous on any other plants.

This is just for fun...
May_25_grow_1st_grow-1.jpg

All is well guys! Here's the latest pic. They're fattening up every single day!
Same_ol_.jpg

Yeah, my lady and I were just talking about that... Gotta get it done though!

I like trimming like I mean I reallg like it. I guess maybe more than a half a dozen oz it could be a pain in the ass.
Those machines that do it for u look awsome. If I grew on this scale id be tempted in buying one of those

Great looking bloom room buddy. Those brown edges look like a burn to me. Its not really a big deal though. You will start your flush soon and those girls will fatten up some more im sure. Great job man +reps. Your going to be tippin scales. im guessing at least 1500 g's

Thanks for the reps man!! Awesome!
1500!?!?!!?!! Woah, you really think so? Dude, if that was the truth I would be tripping!! That would be a pound and a half a light!! The edges of the leaves aren't bothering me too much. Its just the one plant and only on a few buds. Its not getting any worse. Thanks again for the props, I really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom