Newbie Fighting His Way Through His 2000 Watt Grow

Question... I have discovered a bit of a mite issue. Its isolated to one plant and a couple areas on a couple others. I'm planning on harvesting in one week. The damage isn't good but its not awful either. Do you guys think I should cut and dry or wait out the following week?

Wish I had some advice for ya eli but I don't. I wonder wat mites do to a plant once harvested. Do they continue to destroy? I guess the stay alive through tbe drying proces. Id be tempted on addressing the mite issue before harvest but my theory is on what I just said and as I said I have no actual knolage on mites so I may be wrong so wrong lol

Alot of growers run into this issue just before harvest which sucks. You can water cure them and then the little suckers would die off. Or you can go get some lady bugs and let them loose in the house or theres also some Lady Bug mite killer spray.

If you water cure you will lose alot of weight once dry but the THC levels would be kick ass compared to curing and drying them regular

Oh and if you ever plan on going back to hydro I just made a DIY chiller. Works like a charm :)

I took a 5 gallon bucket filled it with freezing cold water, then I added 6 ice packs. Fed a airline threw the lid with a air stone and sealed the top on tightly. Home D has those leak proof buckets which are perfect. Any who I guess the pressure etc keeps the water colder along with the ice packs and turns it self into a little freezer. I hooked it up to the main res to allow the water to recirculate threw that and back into the system and just let it do its thing. Water temps were at 40 in the chiller but 50-55 in the main res. Been like this for 3 hours now

Alot of growers run into this issue just before harvest which sucks. You can water cure them and then the little suckers would die off. Or you can go get some lady bugs and let them loose in the house or theres also some Lady Bug mite killer spray.

If you water cure you will lose alot of weight once dry but the THC levels would be kick ass compared to curing and drying them regular

Oh and if you ever plan on going back to hydro I just made a DIY chiller. Works like a charm :)

I took a 5 gallon bucket filled it with freezing cold water, then I added 6 ice packs. Fed a airline threw the lid with a air stone and sealed the top on tightly. Home D has those leak proof buckets which are perfect. Any who I guess the pressure etc keeps the water colder along with the ice packs and turns it self into a little freezer. I hooked it up to the main res to allow the water to recirculate threw that and back into the system and just let it do its thing. Water temps were at 40 in the chiller but 50-55 in the main res. Been like this for 3 hours now
That sounds pretty sweet. Sounds easy to do also. I wonder gown long it would keep those temps that low.
Thanks for the mite advice... I'm going to have to do something. I think I'm going to cut and harvest the bad ones and just hope the others can hold out for one more week. I don't see why not. I also have been toying with thwarting notion of using a spray on them... Desperate times call for desperate measures.

If you do harvest it with the mites and decide to air dry, do it in a very cool room, that is separate from your "normal drying area". High heat will hatch any eggs, mites will eat and spin webs on your harvested nugs. But they won't like it as it is dying and will seek fresh plants.I had a surprise last season, one blue dream nug had an infestation that i missed. During drying one whole tray was covered in them. I treated all trays with Liquid Ladybug and it killed them all off. Smoking and eating dead mites will not harm you, some consider it gross, and dispensaries won't except them for patient distribution. I smoked all of it eventually, it was good smoke, and did not harm me one bit.:Namaste:

Just make sure you use organic sprays. Dont want to poison your buds

As for the chiller, its something about the pressure that pushes down when the bucket is filled with air plus gravity. IDK. but it works pretty well. The more air build up the lower the temps dropped. With those 6 ice packs it didnt get no lower then 40F. And its funny how I found this out. I was standing on my res to lower my lights and then I so happened to look down and I saw the temp monitor drop below 60F. And im like go figure. So after that I just grabbed a bucket and voila :)

That chiller makes me wonder about trying the DWC all over again. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to approach the coco though. I like the idea of coco and I'm going to give it a shot. Wish me luck on that!
So the mites don't seem to be getting out of control and the Cali-clean is keeping them at bay and that's just pepper water. So I think I'm going to keep spraying them with that and hope forget that one last week out of them. They are as hard as f*cking rocks though guys! Here's a snap Alex, hope you like it brother!

June_7.jpg

I'm an idiot, I forgot to post the pic with the comment!

Back
Top Bottom