Newbie off and running

SW Missouri my friend :ciao: I live in the sticks just south of Joplin, MO. Everything's cheap here my friend :rofl: they want you to move here :rofl: I spent just under 200k for my 5 bedroom 3 bathroom house on 10 acres with a private lake and gated entrance, can't get that anywhere but MO. :yahoo:no body but my wife and 2 dogs...

And BTW I don't run humidifiers, heaters or any AC units in my tents, just some fans and lights, my intake fans pull fresh cold air from outside through a hepa filter in fall and winter, they hook to my house AC ducts in summer, and my extraction fans discharges it into my attic after running through a charcoal filter...as far as heat, my tents get to 80F sometimes, but usually stay right between 72F and 78F year round
Yes, MO. has the cheapest cost of living in the U.S. I've looked that up before. I've wanted to move there since I'm originally from Ill. anyway. I'd only be about 6 hours from home if I were in the St. Louis area. Joplin was cool though. I believe that's where Jesse James hideout was, Merimac Caverns & Onondaga Cave.
Anyway, I think our electric company is robbing us blind here. They are constantly raising the rates knowing we have to have AC in the summer here or die. That's not a joke. People here have died when their AC went out & they couldn't afford to fix it.
All you'll get for $200 K here is a 1200 Sq. ft. house with neighbors next door ... lol.

Hey Sara, not really off topic that much. You were asking about lights & we're just pointing out the good & bad aspects of each one so you can decide for yourself. As you can tell, where I live power consumption is one of the most important things to me. The more it costs to grow it, the less profitable it becomes. I don't sell it. It's how much I save by not going to the dispensary that I consider my profit.
My post before this was off topic. I'm just amazed at how much cheaper things are elsewhere; but wife wont move because she was born & raised here. Totally Sucks !!!

Hey Sara, not really off topic that much. You were asking about lights & we're just pointing out the good & bad aspects of each one so you can decide for yourself. As you can tell, where I live power consumption is one of the most important things to me. The more it costs to grow it, the less profitable it becomes. I don't sell it. It's how much I save by not going to the dispensary that I consider my profit.
My post before this was off topic. I'm just amazed at how much cheaper things are elsewhere; but wife wont move because she was born & raised here. Totally Sucks !!!

Thailand, electricity is 13c/unit.

there is 1 other thing nobody has mentioned either is that the mh/hps bulbs burn out and nothing sucks more than to come home from work or wake up to find out your bulbs are shot and your lights haven't been on for the last 8 hrs , i have had this happen 3 times over the last 2 years ,hence i have moved to the new mars leds , they burn just 1 led out but the rest of the light still works , so unless you want to carry a bunch of extra bulbs in case 1 burns out and they are not easy to get to , yes the old burple leds didn't compare to hps but the new white light leds are every bit as good , i run 3 -mars 1000 watt white light leds in in 4x4x8 tent for veg and 4 of the same lights in my 4x4x8 flower tent and have no problems getting 10 oz dried off a plant in coco , i have had 4 full grows on these lights with out a single problem and using extraction and intake fans only for air and my temps never get over 79 degrees , i am having to use a heater in the grow room this winter as it has been very cold here and i am running co2 now also so higher temps 80-84 are prefered .save the hydro cost and heat problems , now that leds technology has improved , i would only use hps if was i was running a large grow room of maybe 20 plus plants ,not tent grows with 4-8 plants but just my 2 cents .

there is 1 other thing nobody has mentioned either is that the mh/hps bulbs burn out and nothing sucks more than to come home from work or wake up to find out your bulbs are shot and your lights haven't been on for the last 8 hrs , i have had this happen 3 times over the last 2 years ,hence i have moved to the new mars leds , they burn just 1 led out but the rest of the light still works , so unless you want to carry a bunch of extra bulbs in case 1 burns out and they are not easy to get to , yes the old burple leds didn't compare to hps but the new white light leds are every bit as good , i run 3 -mars 1000 watt white light leds in in 4x4x8 tent for veg and 4 of the same lights in my 4x4x8 flower tent and have no problems getting 10 oz dried off a plant in coco , i have had 4 full grows on these lights with out a single problem and using extraction and intake fans only for air and my temps never get over 79 degrees , i am having to use a heater in the grow room this winter as it has been very cold here and i am running co2 now also so higher temps 80-84 are prefered .save the hydro cost and heat problems , now that leds technology has improved , i would only use hps if was i was running a large grow room of maybe 20 plus plants ,not tent grows with 4-8 plants but just my 2 cents .
I have 3 replacement bulbs for each rig, about 15 to 20 bucks depending where you buy them, I haven't had 1 burn out yet, but I do replace them once a year :thumb:

:welcome: to :420: @CTLeotattoo420

Hey CT, no offense to LEDs :hmmmm: but it would take about $1,000 to $1,500 to replace my $159.99 1000 watt HPS, and they would still be pulling about 750 watts from the wall :thedoubletake: ... I have 3 tents, and a veg booth running a total of 2600 watts...my electric bill is still under $200...and all my lights cost about what you're thinking of spending on 1....1000 watt HPS @ $160...2- 600 watt HPS's @ $145 a pc. and a 400 watt MH @ $145 ...total $595 - $600 ...not to mention I'd like to see some nugs like this from an LED....just my opinion and 2 cents

@MochaBud have you ever put these pics here

@MochaBud have you ever put these pics here
I tried but my camera sucks, or, I suck at taking pictures is probably more the truth of it :rofl: never was good at it, but then again I was usually the guy saying "Hold my beer" :rofl: I was good at that :high-five:

I tried but my camera sucks, or, I suck at taking pictures is probably more the truth of it :rofl: never was good at it, but then again I was usually the guy saying "Hold my beer" :rofl: I was good at that :high-five:
I’m talking about the pics you have posted in this intro , I’ve been through 200 pages in that thread and hadn’t seen them . They belong in the eye candy thread . Show those girls off !

Back
Top Bottom