Newbie Outdoor Grow

sucks to hear that you dont haave the sun advantage over in texas theirs enough for your ass! LOL but your baby will make it we just have to let time talk! have you though of what nutrients your going to use? and you say its in the roof? huhh? how is this possible!:yummy:

ive read up a little on nutrients but not too sure yet.. my friend (that i met a music festival) just so happens to work at the nearby hydroponics store so i was gonna let him tell me what to get but im open to any tips on what kinds and when to use them as this IS a newbie grow ;) as for it being on the roof, it is not on my property!

Since its been missing out on so much light would it be ok or counter-productive to put it inside during the beggining of the night with some lights

bro i think any type off light it gets will do good enough. ohh i see thats pretty cool that your friend works at a hydro store he would have some good advice. for me i use the organic bio vega for veg bio flores and bio boost for flower, and rhiztononic for the root development :thumb:

awesome.. ill check these out i might have heard about rhiztononic in this book i got but im deffinetly going to be doing some more research into all this stuff.. btw im going straight organic on my first grow for those wondering!

halogen around 150-200 watts.. its sitting about 3 1/2 feet above. im gonna keep an eye on it but is this all ok? i know not to rely just on the halogen but is it worth buying some lights for bringing it inside during the cloudy parts of the day?
IMG_21841.JPG

halogen around 150-200 watts.. its sitting about 3 1/2 feet above. im gonna keep an eye on it but is this all ok?

NO. Enough heat to cook a plant, not enough light to grow one.

but does anyone have any experiance with stress/wilting when the plants get moved around in/outdoors?

I just did that very thing last weekend and am checking them in a few hours to see how they are doing. There is stres and im sure some wilting, but Ill let you know to what extent it affected growth.

so i just went to the hydroponics store and my buddy strongly reccomended i get roots excelurator.. so when i use this, do i have to mix it in with any base solution besides water?

You don't need anything from the hydro store--you are not growing hydro.....Go the Lowes or HomedePot and get some Osmocote PLUS. It's about 15 bucks and will last you several grows (about 50 plants). If they don't have that look for a timed release fertilizer (TRF) like Dynamite (in a purple or red bottle). Mix it into your pot per the schedule on the bottle or online. Usually a Tablespoon or three per gallon of soil. Should last most of the way thru. Water (if needed.....) as needed using tap water. Keep it simple, this is your first grow. Search for TRF or Osmocote in the grow forums.

I just did that very thing last weekend and am checking them in a few hours to see how they are doing. There is stres and im sure some wilting, but Ill let you know to what extent it affected growth.

Ok, I only moved mine once. (from indoor to outdoor) The dirt settled in the 5 gal buckets and some of them tilted a bit, but they have corrected themselves. They are so much bigger in just a week! I don't think youll have any problem moving them around as long as the temp is not too different

Back
Top Bottom