Nirvana's - Blue Mystic(Fem) & Vision's - Blueberry Bliss(Auto) - DWC - 400W LED

Clarkent

Hi everyone, this is my first post, my first journal and my first grow. I'm a newbie in overall jaja :goof:

I hope your guys like it and that I can learn a lot from you :peace:

Setup:
  • 400w Full Spectrum LED Grow Light at 19 in from the top
  • 5gal container with 3gal of water and nutes
  • DWC ------------
  • Hydrotones for grow medium
  • Nutrients FoxFarm Trio

First week
Water Temp 72.5f
Temp 88f
Humidity 60%
Water + Nutes = 910PPM [.7 scale]
PH 5.8

Nirvana's - Blue Mystic
10 from seeds

Effect Stoned (Body Buzz, Relaxing Effect)
Flowering Period 7 - 9 weeks
Average Yield 350 - 450 g/m² in SOG
Flavor Fruity, Herbal
Plant Height Short
Cultivation Indoor
Plant Type Predominantly Indica

image316.jpeg

image416.jpeg

image516.jpeg

image219.jpeg

Vision's - Blueberry Bliss [Auto]
12 from seeds

Medical use: Mainly stress and pain relief.
Effect: Uplifting, Happy feeling.
Lineage: BlueBerry x W.W. x Super Skunk x Ruderalis
Genetics: 85% Indica - 15% Sativa (Indica Dominant)
Flowering (indoor): 56 days (± 8 weeks)
From seed 2 crop: 70 Days (± 10 weeks)
Outdoor (harvest): n/a
THC: Moderate (14%)
CBD: Medium
Yield (gr/plant): 50 -> 70 (± 160 gr/m2)
Stature (cm): Twiggy, Medium Height (± 80)
Grow difficulty: Veteran (Medium/Advanced)

image814.jpeg

image715.jpeg

image615.jpeg

image167.jpeg

Tell me if you need more info :thanks:

re: Nirvana's - Blue Mystic(Fem) & Vision's - Blueberry Bliss(Auto) - DWC - 400W LED

Hi, tomorrow is going to start the second week for the babies and 14 days from seeds.

I will be posting Updates with photos like 2 or 3 time per week :high-five: :peace:

re: Nirvana's - Blue Mystic(Fem) & Vision's - Blueberry Bliss(Auto) - DWC - 400W LED

Today is the second week of my babies. I just change the reservoir and add the nutes

Setup:
  • 400w Full Spectrum LED Grow Light at 19 in from the top
  • 5gal container with 3gal of water and nutes
  • DWC ------------
  • Hydrotones for grow medium
  • Nutrients FoxFarm Trio

Second week
Water Temp 81F
Temp 86.9F
Humidity 52%
Water + Nutes = 1065 PPM [.7 scale]
PH 5.8

Nirvana's - Blue Mystic
14 days from seeds
3.25" Tall

image418.jpeg

image169.jpeg

image221.jpeg

image318.jpeg

Vision's - Blueberry Bliss
16 days from seeds
2.5" Tall

image717.jpeg

image815.jpeg

image716.jpeg

image518.jpeg

:peace: Out

Alright Clarkent, just remember to try to bring that air temp down as close to 77f-78f, 25c as possible....and reservoir temp down as close to 68f-72f 20c-22c as possible.:peace:

Hi, Buddro. Thanks for coming by.

I got another question

I Just check the girls and they are a littler sad compared to yesterday. I verified the reservoir and I have 750ppm including the 145ppm from my tap water [ .5 Hanna ] I just wanna bring down the ppms to about 620 including the 145 from the tap water.

I change the reservoir with new nutrients yesterday. Do I need to do all over again or just add clean water to the reservoir and bring down the ppm to 600+-

Yesterday was the first day of the second week and the third week from seed

Nirvana Blue Mystic Fem

FullSizeRender20.jpg
FullSizeRender-4.jpg
FullSizeRender-12.jpg

Vision Blueberry Bliss Auto

FullSizeRender-21.jpg
FullSizeRender-31.jpg

And Dude... Thanks again :Namaste:

:peace: Out

Uuummmmm Help anybody?????

Waoooo, nobody :thedoubletake: Thats sad

For the stage of your grow 750 ppm is WAY to high. You plants are hardly on the 3rd node and should be around 150 ppm of nutes at your stage....

What does your roots look like? You either have a pH problem or you have root rot from what i can see. If your pH pen is calibrated and correct you should be at around 5.5 - 6.0. I like to keep mine around 5.8. Give me a picture of your roots please?

What kind of beneficiary bacteria are you running to keep the roots healthy and root rot and slime away? I personally use Aquashield with amazing results.

Thanks for for your time

I need a lot of help I'm new in all of this

Well I used the FF Schedule for the second week

Setup:
400w Full Spectrum LED Grow Light at 19 in from the top
5gal container con 3gal de agua + nutrientes
DWC/------------
Hydrotones for grow medium
Nutrients FoxFarm Trio

They wake today like this

Yesterday I added clean water to the reservoir to bring down the ppm a littler bit. I did not flush or anything

Todays stats

PH 5.8
PPM 545 including the 145ppm from my tap water

On Sunday before i changed the water the Roots were totally white. They turn brownish yesterday

:Namaste:

Those pictures are not showing up. You should upload them to 420 under the upload photo option.

545 is still to high...

I cant see the photos but if they are now brown you have the dreaded root rot that is very very common in DWC. There is two options you can do to resolve the issue. If you dont resolve the brown root (root rot) your plants will die and that is what is happening to them and why you are seeing a dramatic change in them. The two things you can do is, either:

1. You need to run beneficiary bacteria (aka beanies). This can be accomplished by a number of products but the one i have experience with is Botanicare Aquashield or Hydroguard. You simply add it to your reservoir and it takes care of your roots and the root rot. You can also brew a "tea" that has a bunch of beanies in it. Its like a super tea for your roots. If you roots are already brown you might want to think about making the tea as it will work the fastest and it is the strongest.

Here is the link for greenthumbs tea.
GreenThumb J's Modified Heisenberg Tea

2. You can run a h202 (hydrogen peroxide) or unscented bleach in your reservoir and it will kill the bad bacteria. You can search for the correct amounts that you want to run. Personally i would not use this method as it kills all good and bad bacteria... This method does not work for me well as i have tried both.

You want to run good bacteria with method 1 and it will eat and kill the bad bacteria that causes root rot and slime. You roots will love it and you will see tremendous growth from the tea or beanies in your reservoir.

If you have a hydro store close you should go purchase some root supplement that has live cultures in it for your problem. If you dont and you have to order some i recommend doing a complete reservoir change and adding 5 ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide per gallon of water in your reservoir until your supplements come in the mail. NO NUTES!!!!! Your roots need to be cured first.

P.S. you will most likely not get anywhere close to those ppm on the nute chart.... Once your roots are cured you need to start at around 150 ppm and work your way up as they grow at 50 ppm added every 2 days or so until you reach a point you want. My DWC grow never went over 800 ppm with a 4 foot wide plant the entire grow... Every strain is different though.

DWC: Less nutes is more...

Thanks, tomorrow I'm going to the hydro store

Check if you can see the pics now

image170.jpeg
image222.jpeg
image319.jpeg
image519.jpeg
image618.jpeg
image718.jpeg

Thanks, tomorrow I'm going to the hydro store

Check if you can see the pics now

image170.jpeg
image222.jpeg
image319.jpeg
image519.jpeg
image618.jpeg
image718.jpeg

Oh my! Those roots are in very bad condition... You need to start them as recommended above as soon as possible.... I wish you luck and hope they can recover... You plants are being suffocated thats why they are droopy. Good luck if you have any other questions I will be here to try and help!

:goodluck:

Sorry Hunter but I got another question?

What measurement do you use for the PPM

.5 or .7??

The Roots can rot quickly?? Because on Sunday they were really white. When I saw the roots today I thought that the brownish thing on the roots was the FoxFarm nutes

But now I know that I was wrong
This is my first time sooooo "I don't know nothing Hunter Snow"

Thanks for the quick reply :Namaste:

Nutrient solution can very well color your roots. From one of your pictures it looks like slime and its all around your netpot... You have been using your nutrients this whole time and they were white so i dont think its the nutes that turned your roots colors in one day. Root rot attacks very quickly and will turn your roots this brownish color as it is suffocating them. Do you see a layer on your roots that looks like a slime coat? It can get bad where it will even "jelly" up all on the roots.

As far as the PPM meter... I use a cheap TDS meter. Im actually not sure if its a .5 or .7? Thats a good question!! I will look into this for you.

And theres nothing wrong with this being your first time! We are here to help!

Hunter today I went to my local Hydro and they recommended the GH Flora Shield to clean my roots

I clean the my 5gal reservoir and add 3gal of Distilled Water [ NO NUTES ] with 3ml of Flora Shield per gal = 9ml and put the babies in there. I hope that they get better :-(

Tell me if you need more info :Namaste:

image1311.jpeg

This are the roots and the girls today :-(

This is the slime on the roots

image223.jpeg

image171.jpeg

Roots

image320.jpeg
image420.jpeg
image520.jpeg

The Girls

image619.jpeg

Blue Mystic

image914.jpeg

Blueberry Bliss

image719.jpeg
image816.jpeg
image1012.jpeg

The Setup

image1112.jpeg

Sediment in the reservoir

image1211.jpeg

Yep thats for sure root rot!! I have never heard of anyone that has used that product but i looked it up and GH is usually pretty good from my experience with them. Please be careful on what the guys at the hydro store tell you... They will sell you ANY and EVERYTHING. If possible do your research on products before you buy from them. I hope your babies recover but if not you know to have that in your reservoir from the very start.

What is your reservoir temps? If you keep the reservoir temps down it will help on rot and slime also.

If you are purchasing distilled water you dont really have to. I always use tap water at around 100ppm and its fine. It actually gives them a added cal/mag and other nutrients thats in the tap water. Just a tip to save you money. You may have to add a cal/mag supplement anyway since you are using a LED. I use to let me tap water sit for 24 hours to evaporate the chlorine.... I dont even do this anymore as i have seen no difference.... In my water anyway.

You will find little tips and things to do as you grow. Thats the fun part, trying things and find what works best for you. A grow isnt fun unless something happens and you can over come it!! =) good luck buddy.

Back
Top Bottom