Nirvana Seeds Bubblelicious - Harvest or not? Please help

mrweedco

Hi,

Im debating if I should harvest or not. What do you guys think ?

IMG_95792.JPG

S20160329_009.jpg
T20160329_001_0092.jpg
T20160329_001_0081.jpg
T20160329_001_0054.jpg

Cheers!

Looks very nice ! I still think wait a bit.. im allways impatient and need to improve on that

When you say wait a bit, do you means weeks or days? She was flipped on Feb 2 meaning she is 8 weeks and 1 day in flowering

I was thinking maybe thursday / Sunday to harvest. Ill connect the microscope before I do just to make sure.

Cheers,

I'm also growing Bubblelicious and you are ahead of me. Mine are still in veg, coming up on 4 months. (going for bigger, but fewer plants) Since BBL is supposed to be for medicine, not trippy highs, I'd wait till the hairs are 80% brown, and, if your eyes are good enough to distinguish clear from cloudy, wait till the trics are mostly cloudy.

I don't know if BBL trics turn amber before you lose all the THC. Would appreciate some insight from someone with experience with the BBLs.

It depends what sort of high your after, if your after a heady high id wait a week youve still got a lot of clear trichomes.
If your after a couch lock type high you want more amber trichomes so maybe about 2 weeks.

Yes you can use the stigmas as a rough estimate to harvest but trichomes are more accurate and you can gauge what type of high better

When you say wait a bit, do you means weeks or days? She was flipped on Feb 2 meaning she is 8 weeks and 1 day in flowering

I was thinking maybe thursday / Sunday to harvest. Ill connect the microscope before I do just to make sure.

Cheers,
Wait for the weekend and check them , most of us dont have perfect conditions so ive found most go over the breeders recomended times...i agree with ak wait for more cloudy trics

Quote Originally Posted by mikequiles2:
The stigmas is what tell you when is ready to harvest not the trichomes

This is a bit misleading. You can go by BOTH trics and brown hairs, especially if you can't see the trics very well, even with a loupe. Those of us who can't see the difference between clear and cloudy trics (old eyes), go by the percentage of brown hairs. If you have a digital camera, you can take a pic and judge the level of maturity.

The digital camera seems to pick up details the eye doesn't discern. For example, the camera generally shows more white hairs than what I'm seeing in person. This may be a perceptual thing. You want the harvest to hurry up, and so you are focused in on the presence of brown hairs, but the digital camera picks up what is really there.

BTW: My OGK's never did make amber trics, even when the buds were almost to the point of drying on the bare branches.

I'm also growing Bubblelicious and you are ahead of me. Mine are still in veg, coming up on 4 months. (going for bigger, but fewer plants) Since BBL is supposed to be for medicine, not trippy highs, I'd wait till the hairs are 80% brown, and, if your eyes are good enough to distinguish clear from cloudy, wait till the trics are mostly cloudy.

I don't know if BBL trics turn amber before you lose all the THC. Would appreciate some insight from someone with experience with the BBLs.

Ok so I harvested on Day 133 from clone because I needed to move another plant in this tent.

I dried the bud for 4 days and branches where already starting to "crack". I weighed the buds and the total was146 grams! Im sure they will still reduce a bit more plus I may need to trim a little more. so I would say around 135 grams maybe.. ?

Im not getting the fruity smell or super sticky icky fingers from the buds. However if I press my fingers on the buds they do start to smell REAL nice. Will the smell get better during the curing process?

Either way here are the pics.

T20160403_001_0164.jpg

T20160403_001_0165.jpg

IMG_96373.JPG

IMG_96884.JPG

IMG_96903.JPG

IMG_96922.JPG

The scent gets much more mellow during the curing process! You will lose any grassy or harsh stink during the first month or two, then over time, it will be quite appealing. I like to open my older jars periodically and smell the difference a good cure has on the aroma.

These one??

Amazon: Innolife Portable 5X Magnification 8-LED USB Digital Microscope Endoscope with Stand

1666763918423.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using 420

Back
Top Bottom