Nivana's Chrystal 11 Weeks Into Veg - Advice Welcome!

right...we'll catch up tomorrow...we can look at pictures and see what we think...i actually only got to make sure they had proper humidity levels today...

good morning, V! yesterday, i put 2 cups of water ph'd to 6.5 with cal/mag and protekt and vf11 through #3,#4,#5 and then chased it with plain water ph'd to 6.4. they were all a little light in the bucket, but not yet droopy.

i am concerned that they are deficient, but i'm not certain...

this is #2...i tried to get the same shot of the leaves that i took a few days ago...but not sure..
2016-02-19_11_48_18.jpg

these are of the other plants...but dont' know which ones...lol...that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone...

2016-02-19_11_55_33.jpg

2016-02-19_11_54_17.jpg

you can see the darkening of the tips of the leaves and how the green is getting lighter on this one...
2016-02-19_14_45_20.jpg

what do you think?

I think it is time to go back to regular cannabis nutes and up the level a bit. I think you have the soil back to a reasonable pH and you need to get some nitrogen in there. the tea should have a lot of nitrogen though. when was the last time you did that. you could add a cup of Steer manure (2 bucks at home depot) to the tea to get some raw nitrogen boost in there.

last did the tea feb 9th...so 11 days ago...they got watered yesterday (with calmag, protekt, and vf11), so it will be a few days before i can dose them again...

you think the tea with steer manure? or go to the earth juice cannabis nutes?

Yeah why not give it a shot of tea. Since you haven't burnt with it yet why not double the dose?

yeah, i like that tea...:)

so when you say, "double the dose," what does that mean, exactly?

as in give them 4 cups each instead of two?
or double the ingredients in the same 1.5 gallons?

and i will get some steer manure tomorrow...have a friendly home depot right down the street...

4 at lest. I think I told you before 2-4 cups. I normally do at least 4 I think. I didn't want you to burn your plants as they were weak and had no leaves. you should do at least 4, maybe try 6-8 cups now since they may be hungry. Lets go with 6 cups.

Leave the recipe alone for now except adding the steer manure may help.

hi V! just a quick update...i have culled #2...she was on a different schedule than the other 3 and by far the lightest, so i decided to let her go. she would've needed the tea on monday and the other 3 won't need it until friday...

i'm mixing up a dose of tea to feed them on friday morning...just got the steer manure and i have a couple of questions...

1. 1/4 cup of steer manure in the tea?
2. would chicken manure work as well?

:thanks:

Yes Chicken manure works good too.

In fact there should be a lot from the worm castings too. I think running it up a bit is fine but really just upping the dose to 6 cups or maybe 8 cups will get you there.

All good stuff to try. :)

afternoon V! i've been away for awhile...but last thursday evening 25 february, before i went, i gave each of the three 6 cups of tea which i brewed with 1/4 cup of steer manure. the tea finished at a ph of 7.1, so i left it at that (must've been the steer manure that pulled it down as it is usually up around 7.4). then, i chased it with 4 cups or so of water ph'd to 6.4.

i'm not going to take any pictures until i see their response, since there wasn't anything new to show...i will be watching them to see their reaction...so far, they are still alive! that's a good thing...
:thumb::thumb:

and while i have your attention, let me ask you this: do you see any advantage in watering at any particular time of day? i've read some say you should always water in the __________ (fill in the blank).

thank you for being there!

The deal with time of day for watering is it depends. Watering at different times of the day has different effects.

Throughout most of the grow I will water early in the day. I don't get too worried about that. I don't water daily. I wait until it is real dry and water so it really is not that big a deal in my mind. If I were running soilless and watering daily it would be different but I am not.

afternoon V! i took some pictures of new growth after the feeding of last thursday. see what you think, please. they'll be ready for water in a day or two...so this watering would include cal/mag and silica?

just to bring you up to speed, as i know you are busy and there hasn't been much activity on this journal in awhile...

monday - 12/06 i did the flush and gave them one more gallon of water ph adjusted to 6.3 and mixed with 8-10 ml of hygrozime, one ounce of vf-11, and about 1 tablespoon of biovam...
thursday - 12/17 i whacked them down.
monday - 12/21 i gave them the tea.
saturday - 12/26 i gave them water ph'd to 6.7 or so before leaving town.
wednesday - 12/30 i gave them cal mag, silica, and sugar in water ph'd to 6.8.
saturday - 01/02 i whacked them some more...
sunday - 01/10 i gave them tea..
wednesday - 01/13 i trimmed some more, but very little
saturday - 01/16 i tried to kill #3 and gave them all water ph'd
monday - 01/18 i put a few gallons of water ph'd to 6.2 through #4 & #5 the runoff for #4 was at 6.9 and the runoff to #5 was at 7.3.
wednesday - 01/27 i put five gallons of water ph'd to 6.23 through #2 and #3. the runoff on #2 was 6.95 and the runoff on #3 was 6.9.
friday - 01/29 i put five gallons of water ph'd to 6.25 (or so) through #4 and #5 and the runoff for #4 was at 6.75 and the runoff for #5 was 6.9
tuesday, 02/09, each of the 4 got tea at 6.9 and water at 6.5. i ph'd the run-off, just to see where it came in...#2 @ 7.1 & #3 @ 7.0 & #4 @ 7.3 & #5 @ 7.1.
saturday, 02/20 i put 2 cups of water ph'd to 6.5 with cal/mag and protekt and vf11 through #3,#4,#5 and then chased it with plain water ph'd to 6.4.
thursday 02/25 i gave each of the three 6 cups of tea which i brewed with 1/4 cup of steer manure. the tea finished at a ph of 7.1, so i left it at that (must've been the steer manure that pulled it down as it is usually up around 7.4). then, i chased it with 4 cups or so of water ph'd to 6.4.

if you need to see pictures of the whole plant, let me know. i'm happy to take all the pictures you need. i just thought close-ups of the new growth would be the most helpful...some of the leaves look rough with the dark spots...but i don't think that is any of the new growth...

2016-03-01_11_57_12.jpg

2016-03-01_11_47_30.jpg

2016-03-01_11_47_18.jpg

2016-03-01_11_47_18.jpg

2016-03-01_11_47_07.jpg

2016-03-01_11_43_14.jpg

2016-03-01_11_43_05.jpg

2016-03-01_11_42_56.jpg

2016-03-01_11_42_56.jpg

2016-03-01_11_42_37.jpg

as always, :thanks: and :Namaste:

p.s., really enjoying your journal...thank you so much for starting it! i've been reading all about washing the bud...so much to learn and life is too short!! :)

yeah you need the silica mainly for the potash. You have potassium deff. I basically use a little silica every time as I use it as my UP and I always over do the down as I am a tool. That keeps my stuff level on the potassium.

I think you need to get something strong in there.

I start out strong and deal with a little up front burn and then gradually decline the whole grow. Yo have a long situation here the soil only has in it what you are adding at this point. so you need to be adding a little silica every week if you are trying to use just the tea.

The nitrogen takes 5 days or more to really show up so if you got a sufficient dose of nitrogen in there we will see it in a few days.

:high-five:

hi V and good morning!

yeah you need the silica mainly for the potash. You have potassium deff. I basically use a little silica every time as I use it as my UP and I always over do the down as I am a tool. That keeps my stuff level on the potassium.

I think you need to get something strong in there.

when you say "something strong" are you referring to a strong does of silica? or are you talking about fertilizer?

I start out strong and deal with a little up front burn and then gradually decline the whole grow. Yo have a long situation here the soil only has in it what you are adding at this point. so you need to be adding a little silica every week if you are trying to use just the tea.

The nitrogen takes 5 days or more to really show up so if you got a sufficient dose of nitrogen in there we will see it in a few days.

:high-five:

do you think, maybe not this week, but next week, that i should mix up some earth juice nutes and give them a dose? or i guess we could wait to see how they react to the nitrogen? i hear what you are saying about the soil...they will be thirsty here in a day or two...

please let me know what you think...

:thanks:

today i mixed up a batch of silicon/potash cal/mag in water ph'd to 6.4-6.5 and gave all 3 a good long drink. next stop will be earth juice nutes for veg...

hey V! i've been pretty quiet the past few days...my husband got the flu and so i've been busy caring for him...

the plants are doing ok...after the tea and steer manure last thursday a week ago, the perked up and seemed more vibrant...but i check them every day as the next step is a dose of veg nutes. they haven't looked thirsty, though they will in the next day or so...but it still looks like they are deficient...i've been giving them potash with silica about every watering...here are some pictures...i wonder if there is a problem that is keeping them from uptaking the potassium...or maybe they are just hungry? what do you think?

2016-03-10_18_04_22.jpg
2016-03-10_18_04_33.jpg
2016-03-10_18_04_38.jpg
2016-03-10_18_04_47.jpg
2016-03-10_18_05_13.jpg

So I don't know if you got any for the tea but in my recipe is this Fulvic acid from Bioag. It promotes nutrient uptake. Get some of that in there. It is spendy but it works. I suspect if your pH is on that your soil is empty. It has had a bunch of flushes and is getting on the older side. I mean it is hard to tell but I have been recommending for some time to get a good dose of full strength nutes in there so if that has happened and you still see deficiencies the soil may be having troubles. Have you put any Mycos in there? getting some Mycos will help regulate uptake. it is a symbiotic fungi that lives in the roots. it will store up nutrients the plant needs and is not using and then when the plant needs them release them into the plant. it does this for a tax of using very little sugars produced by the plant. so they help each other. It will be good for you problem I think.

It may also be time to consider re-potting into a bigger pot and getting some fresh roots into some fresh soil.

Back
Top Bottom