Nivana's Chrystal 11 Weeks Into Veg - Advice Welcome!

i hear ya! i lived on my grandpa's farm as a small child, and then we would visit every summer growing up...and i've had a vegetable garden...currently have blueberry bushes and plan on planting some veggies this summer.

for me, cannabis is different because it grows indoors in an artificial environment. so even though i've had gardens, i depended on the sun and the rain and the soil to feed the plants. i didn't have to think about it other than spreading some compost and if it hadn't rained in awhile i would have to water.

this closed environment makes it hard to keep one's balance and makes it too easy to drive into the ditch...until one has made enough mistakes to know which way to go when things do get all mucked up....which they can do really quickly!

i have yet to have a successful grow with everything going smoothly. it seems that i do really well, initially. but as time passes, things go wrong and i'm finally learning why! so frustrating to have things go wrong and not understand why!!!!

so i'm not going to stop...i will keep failing until i succeed! lol...

Yeah indoor gardening has a bunch of gotchas but also has a bunch of things that make it easier too. The thing people fail to remember is these are just plants. I read on here all the time about people trying something "new" they just thought of...like they are some supper amazing person and just came up with something no one else has tried. Well guess what ... it has been tried. Before stepping up the ledge and experimenting on something already well understood that you are too lazy to go read abut why don't you just follow guaranteed proven methods and grow it like a pro first. Not talking about you...just saying people think these are really special and most of them don't even understand that cannabis is not even growing THC. You have to heat it up to convert THCA into something that gets us high. But if you do not decarboxyhilate the THCA cannabis will not get you high. Like so much is just not understood by people because they refuse to go learn. And I don't understand it because reading about this stuff is fun.

reading about it is fun...and growing it is fun...and eating it is absolutely the funnest...:)

i'm just so grateful that we no longer have to live in fear of the helicopter overhead or the door getting bashed in...how stupid that was! so now we have a site like this to help each other and learn...what a wonderful thing!

back in the '60's and early '70's, i used to think that it was just a matter of time before marijuana/pot/weed was legal. boy was i wrong! we dove right into the war on drugs...i hate wars!

Yeah hopefully soon. I been contracting and tomorrow I have a interview for the job I have been doing for the last 12 months. They have been stringing me on since August telling me they would hire me. so I been off weed since about September.

First thing I am doing once I am good to go it cooking down some butter and making some edibles.

it sucks to have to take a piss test and in almost every instance it's just stoopid...my cousin had to take a piss test to fry donuts...good grief!

the reality is they don't test for the harmful stuff, like booze or cigs or herion...they go looking for the pot. and now it's a industry with people depending on it for their jobs and livelihood...so it may never go away...

so sorry to hear you have had to deny yourself the positive benefits of cannabis...hopefully that will end tomorrow! good luck on the interview and the job...hope they stop stringing you along and it is a really good job and you are set for a long long time!!

It wont be over tomorrow. It is crazy because I have been managing the development team (Electrical Engineer) for nearly a year. I am the lead architect for the direction of the entire company. And now a year later I have to interview for my job. If I walk then the whole program goes through major reset.

But HR can't jut hire me. There are 2 others they are interviewing and if they are better then what?

Anyway I am stressed from all that and not being able to relax doesn't help.

i used to work for a large corporation - which wound up being at&t...ma bell is a bitch...and that is the truth...but anyway, i digress...

those people (the deciders) do what they do without you having any insight into their thinking...one of the other two may be the brother-in-law of somebody. my husband lost a teaching job because of that very example. it turned out to be the best thing, because a year later he got his dream job...but it was a bitter pill at the time.

so if they don't stop fucking around and just hire you...then maybe there are other and better opportunities out there...when will you know, for sure?

I don't know...I get the run around on that. I know they are incredibly slow. The hiring manager told me 2 months back when it happens he wants to scheduled all the interviews on the same day (which can't happen mine goes from 8-12:30) and then make a decision right away to get it done. I expect the other guys have not scheduled the thing yet based on rumors. so whatever. I will start looking for other work Monday and if they can get back to me in time great. It is a great place to work and I really want to be there but man getting in is darn near impossible.

I probably wont know for weeks.

morning, V! i think these guys need some tea...so i'm going to start bubbling it this morning...they are thirsty and based on the ph of the run-off, i believe we have it down where it needs to be for them to eat. and i also think they need some calmag...so i can wash that in with the tea, right?

this is what we've done to this point...

monday - 12/06 i did the flush and gave them one more gallon of water ph adjusted to 6.3 and mixed with 8-10 ml of hygrozime, one ounce of vf-11, and about 1 tablespoon of biovam...
thursday - 12/17 i whacked them down.
monday - 12/21 i gave them the tea.
saturday - 12/26 i gave them water ph'd to 6.7 or so before leaving town.
wednesday - 12/30 i gave them cal mag, silica, and sugar in water ph'd to 6.8.
saturday - 01/02 i whacked them some more...
sunday - 01/10 i gave them tea..
wednesday - 01/13 i trimmed some more, but very little
saturday - 01/16 i tried to kill #3 and gave them all water ph'd
monday - 01/18 i put a few gallons of water ph'd to 6.2 through #4 & #5 the runoff for #4 was at 6.9 and the runoff to #5 was at 7.3.
wednesday - 01/27 i put five gallons of water ph'd to 6.23 through #2 and #3. the runoff on #2 was 6.95 and the runoff on #3 was 6.9.
friday - 01/29 i put five gallons of water ph'd to 6.25 (or so) through #4 and #5 and the runoff for #4 was at 6.75 and the runoff for #5 was 6.9

Yeah put Cal mag in with the drive in water and you are golden.

Getting that pH down is also important for the tea the bacteria like it at about 7. they can go down lower too but they don't want to be too far away in either direction.

Anyway you have lots of tools now. You just need to keep vigilant with the pH and everything else will come in line.

And once you have things good it will take a little time to recover so lets give it about a week with a good pH and see what happens then.

hi V! i'm behind on my journal here...been really busy all of a sudden with stuff that wasn't on my schedule - i'm still taking care of the garden, just haven't had time to sit down and tell you about it!

anyway...on tuesday, 9 february, each of the 4 got tea at 6.9 and water at 6.5. i ph'd the run-off, just to see where it came in...#2 @ 7.1 & #3 @ 7.0 & #4 @ 7.3 & #5 @ 7.1. #4 is the heaviest in the pot and it has the least amount of run-off, so i'm thinking she has the largest root structure. so maybe they still are little high on the ph...or maybe they're back in range and ready to grow...it has to be an improvement! i am seeing new, green growth. :)

i thought i'd wait until they'd had a few days with the tea before taking more pictures...

and i see that nirvana is offering northern light regular 10 seeds for euro 14...

well...i went up and looked at them and they looked so good...i had to take a quick picture of each to show you!

so here they are...greening up...
2016-02-11_17_06_36.jpg

2016-02-11_17_06_48.jpg

2016-02-11_17_07_06.jpg

2016-02-11_17_07_18.jpg

isn't it awesome? :)

:thanks:

ahhhhh Finally... Now we are talking....you finally got that pH down...

:party:

uhg that took a while.

Well now lets hold it steady and give them a week to rebound and tell us what nute issues we have now. ;) I suspect we have plenty of good stuff in there we just need to keep that water in the good range for a while. 2 weeks probably before we need to add anything.

hey V! it's time to take the next step...they're looking wilty...

i was thinking maybe some water with some calmag and some protekt and maybe a little vf-11 ph'd to about 6.4?

hi V! #2 was the only girl that got a drink yesterday, she was the only one that was thirsty and since i am treating them all as individuals, the rest will have to wait until they ask for it. as of this afternoon, the other 3 do not show any signs of needing water...

i took pictures of #2 this afternoon...tried to get closeups of the leaves so you can see them clearly...if these don't work for you, let me know and i will take more.

#2 is the sparest of the 4...she lost one of her major limbs as a child (i accidentally cut it off) and so she has never really recovered...some of the leaves look really good and some of them do not...here you go...

on this one, we have the issue of the tips of the leaves losing color...they eventually curl up at the end and die...
2016-02-16_16_51_47.jpg

on this one, you see the black spots on the leaf on the left...
2016-02-16_16_51_15.jpg

these leaves look great!
2016-02-16_16_47_38.jpg

and here are the good and the ugly!
2016-02-16_16_47_30.jpg

Those black spots at the tips are just older deficiency spots that are dying off but I think the new growth is looking good.

We shall see. When you get the pH back in line if the roots are not damaged then she should take off. If she doesn't take off there may be some issue in the roots. the only things to do for that is to repot into a bigger pot to give it space to regrow and or add some good tea and maybe they will get in there are turn dead roots back into plant food.

hi V! i think #2 is suffering from a deficiency...i think that some of those pretty green leaves are getting lighter on the tips...but i'm going to wait until tomorrow to check on her again to verify and if it still looks that way, i'll take pictures. none of the others are showing to be thirsty, yet.

well crap...i thought this was posted yesterday and here it still is! drat!

anyway...i had dropin company that lasted all day today...so will not be able to do the pictures until in the morning!...thank you for being there!!

Once you have the pH in line you will want to go back to cannabis nutes I think. it all depends on how much is stuck not used in the soil. I have no issues using VF-11 but I don't let the pH get whack and have things build up. I really have no idea where you are now.

if # 2 is not growing vigorously or at least as good as the others let wait till it is dry, flush it one more time hard with properly pH'd water (all of it) down to like 6.3

Then put in the last batch some light but good nute product with Cal Mag and restart it.

You have done a lot of things and kept that soil in locked out state for a long time. You could have a ton of built up unusable nutes in there. It may be blocking the soil from absorbing new stuff well.

Back
Top Bottom