NL Journal - Keep Me Right Guys

K05C08

Hey people ill start by introducing myself as "bill who loves weed" MY passion, my drive, my love, my heart, my soul and my life lies in the most beautiful country in the world, SCOTLAND. I love learning anything i could learn, never know when you might need it. I'm here to be educated folks, and i hope that along the way i can maybe help out some of you guys in return! i believe for now this all you need/want to know so let me get on with it..

I am currently 8 days from germinating my 3 Expert Seeds NL fems.
They have been Germanatied and Propagated in organic plugs and are roughly 2-3" with only two fully formed 'jaggy' leafs with noticably new ones sprouting and the two light determining leaves remain.

Up untill today they have only had the benifit of windowsill light as i havent had the funds to supply adequite ventalation untill today.

Today i decided it was time to put them under some real light, as im on a very mediocre budget i have had to srimp a little bit on my equiptment but believe it to be a suitable enviroment for my girls to get used to.

My light of choice is 250w dual spectrum HPS with a basic hood reflector and magnetic ballast.
Due to having a lOW BUDGET I HAVE HAD TO MAKE MY SAVING SOMWHERE, SO I DECIDED TO MAKE IT ON MY FILTER AND FAN AS I HAVE BEEN LED TO BELIEVE THAT NL IS SUPRISINGLY MELLOW IN SMELL, SO I BOUGHT A BUDGET SET CONTAINING A 4" INLINE BATHROOM EXTRACTOR FAN ALONG WITH 5M OF STRAIGHTFORWARD ALUMINIUM DUCTING AND A 4" CARBON FILTER.

I have decided i'm going to be using CANNA Profesional soil with CANNA nutes for two of mybabys, the other will be rocking out solo in an EBB and FLO system with either IONIC HYDRO nutes or CANNA HYDRO nutes(open to suggestion).

My grow room(closet) is roughly W60-70cm,H100-120cm,D50-60cm, i say roughly because if im honest, im a lazy cunt:).

So, i think thats all for now folks, please if you spot any problems or have any general advise don't hold back, this is my second set-up and i would say i have a good knowledge of the enviroment im looking to create but hey, no-one can know everything, and your help would be very much appritiated, i will be posting pictures tomorrow so you guys can hopefully catch up,follow and help create our favourite plant.

PEEEEAAAAACCCEEE OUUTTT BRROOTTHHERRSS!:peace:

Re: NL Journal, Keep me right guys.

Hi K05C08,

Welcome to 420 Magazine and the community of members that gathers here! :welcome: I know you'll find the site to be a wonderful resource and the members generous in sharing their knowledge and experience.

Happy to see you have started a journal (+reps) and am interested to follow along from the other side of the pond.

Be well and happy growing!

ey, Thanks for the warm welcome buddy!

Already i have stumbled across a problem, well, not so much a problem more a difficult choice due to lack of knowlege in this particular area,

as i've said my seedlings are eight days old, i am yet to order my soil, i am stuck between the choice or Plant Magic or Plagron Batmix, has anyone had previous experience with either or both and had good results? As for the strenght of the soil burning my baby, would it be cool to re-pot into my chosen soil after 10 days-ish?

Also i have decided to use Air Pots but have a limited knowlege on them so any advise would be much appritiated!:)

And on a final note(sorry guys, haha).. which pot size would you recommend?

P.S... i plan on installing a scrog screen at the time of my final pot change.​

K05C08,

I'm sorry but I don't have any experience with either of those soils, although I beleive I've seen a journal on here with a French grower using Plagron. Not sure if was Batmix or not. You might try the "search" feature located under the Forums tab at the top of the screen to see if others have experience with either soil.

I noted from your first post that the seeds germinated in small organic plugs, so I would think if the plugs will hold together (either with netting or root structure) your safe to transplant.

In selecting pot size, I tend to guage my desired finished plant size and select a pot one size larger than absolutely necessary. For instance, if a want a plant 1 meter tall and say 75 centimeters wide, I would only need a 4 or 5 gallon pot but would use a 7 gallon. A bigger root system can support more buds and you won't have to water quite as often.

I realize your going to use a scrog, but I hope you can still use the concept to guide your choice.

Happy Growing friend!

i use plagron light for seedlings then transplanted into plagron all mix found that that worked pretty well and wasnt too hot for the plants as for air pots bigger the better mate, transplant straight into the biggest pot your gonna use then theres no stress just remember not to over water

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom