No more bashing Miracle Grow

It's funny to me that people always question avarice and greed when they consider the motives of big corporations like this, but then just go ahead and believe that people making organic fertilizers are in it so your plants are green and healthy.
Coco all healthy :)

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User

Nope. I'm not judging the nutes. I'm judging the manufacturers for their actions as a company. Actions which make child rape look benign by comparison. It's slightly off the topic of your original post commanding us not to bash MG. You'll just have to live with that I guess.

Nope. I couldn't care less. I'm not giving my money to killers like Monsanto. That's my point.

I am. Have a nice day.

people can change maybe corporations can too Just look at Sen. I mean Attorney General Jeff Sessions,he use to like the KKK now he doesn't.Of course I'm not sure if Dr.Martin Luther Kings 'widow' or Sen.Elizabeth Warren ever liked him.I also heard many wolves can change out of their sheeps clothing at will.So why not corps' when they get tired of making billions of dollar$
Jeff Sessions even changed his mind about giving the death sentence to 3rd convictions on selling pot(with the help of the Supreme Court)quack quack

So we're judging nutes by their owners? Advanced nutes owner was charged with child rape. Guess the nute line is no good?
What they've done has nothing to do with product. Black magic potting soils ingredients are great. I am not boycotting any company because their owner did something bad.
Did you even look at the ingredients? Research black magic at all? Read up on the business deal that went down?
McCarthyism at its finest.

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm really tired of all the anti-GMO, anti-coprorate misinformation online and circulating among pot growers now days. Blog sites and alternative news sources aren't great places for information. I'm still waiting for evidence that Monsato are soul-sucking evil corporate witches and that GMOs are here to enslave humanity. All that sentiment has permeated into the cannabis-growing social niche and I think it's regressive.

These companies (Bayer and miracle-grow/monsanto) have been knowingly poisoning the world's bees. They pay off scientists and try to manipulate the research, but as always, the truth comes out. Miracle grow has recently seen the light and is no longer going to sell these neuro-toxins, Bauer not so much.... very, very sad stuff :(

I am a long time believer in MG but this time it did not turn out that way. A GHS kings kush seedling has nutrient lockout or stunned growth. I am trying to find out what to transplant in before it dies. There is a bagseed right next to it that is doing fine with no stunned growth. So it has to be the genetics need perfect room temp, humid, nutrient, etc I think. Out door has done me wrong..... Any soil ideas to save this grape ape x with og kush ...I can post pics I also have a SLH and a HSO passion fruit punch geminating.

The biggest problem I had using MG was a huge gnat infestation. Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, etc. keep this stuff outside & it gets infested. Then when you start feeding it gets moist & humid & the eggs hatch & you can't see your plant through the gnats.
Never had any problem with soils bought at Hydro Stores that was kept indoors.

I am a long time believer in MG but this time it did not turn out that way. A GHS kings kush seedling has nutrient lockout or stunned growth. I am trying to find out what to transplant in before it dies. There is a bagseed right next to it that is doing fine with no stunned growth. So it has to be the genetics need perfect room temp, humid, nutrient, etc I think. Out door has done me wrong..... Any soil ideas to save this grape ape x with og kush ...I can post pics I also have a SLH and a HSO passion fruit punch geminating.

I have run into plants that didn't like MG soil. I never did a thing and most came around. Lots of times it is just a bad seed that would have grown weird no matter what soil it is grown in. Like I mentioned most all my plants come around. Lots of times it is just to much nutrients and they will soon be able to handle the extra food asthey grow larger. You just end up loosing a bit of production because of the slow growth and problems.

When it comes to re-potting in a different soil. I only know 2 to suggest. Fox Farm which is basically the same as Miracle Grow with a slightly different soil make up and organic nuits. The other would be Firtilome Ultimate potting soil. It has no nuits at all. If you don't know for sure what the problem is. You will have no info on which to change too.

I would suggest riding it out. I hope I am not wrong. That's is what I would do if it was me. There are other factors that may be involved though. IE; what else you have growing. I always lots of strain/plants so I can afford to loose one. I very seldom totally loose plants. Have you tried Lilly Miller B-1 Plant starter with B-1? It may just need cal/mag which MG has very little of. Most grows all I use is Miracle Grow soil, Miracle grow plant nuits and the Lilly Miller.

Scotts now owns:
Botanicare for $40M
General Hydropoinics for $135M
Owns 75% of Gavita through a subsidary company "Hawthorne Gardening Co" for $125M
Owns 80% of Aero Grow
Oso Technologies (soil meter company)
Blossom (smart watering controller)
Black Magic (developed by a scientist at GH)

Scotts isn't owned by Monsanto but has a long term exclusive marketing and branding agreement with Monsanto for Round up and Ortho products.

Bayer also has a marketing agreement with GW Pharmaceuticals who is the manufacture of Sativex and in trials with another cannabinoid based drug called Epidiolex.

When you look just at GWPH.. you will see investors like Bank of America, Fidelity, Prudential, Morgan Stanley, Blackrock, Duetsche Bank...

The big 1%'s are already investing..

Its sad to see but our industry is going corporate... GMO weed is already happening...... protect your genetics and seeds! Support small businesses and companies. These coporations can care less about marijuana, they just want the money.. .and when money becomes the main focus of anything, quality always goes down, immoral things happen, and pretty much never is a good scenario...
damn talk about market domination!

First thing i was told when i learned to grow was : MIRACLE;NO NO. Lol its best to leave that mistake to people that grow weed plants like tomatoes or treat growing like a dick measuring contest. Sure it will make plants get tall fast, but the bud will taste like straight up doo doo beans, yep ....doo doo beans.

I just want to add. I didnt meen to sound like I was bashing any1 for using the m.g. i respect everybodys methods and appreciate what is shared . Buuuuuut, i wouldnt suggest it to anybody that would depend on me for some good advice.

I just want to add. I didnt meen to sound like I was bashing any1 for using the m.g. i respect everybodys methods and appreciate what is shared . Buuuuuut, i wouldnt suggest it to anybody that would depend on me for some good advice.
Advice alone is good, but advice backed up by data is even better.

I totally agree with ya . Data would be much more useful than seeing for ones self by using it!
Most decisions to try something are based on data. I just started using Mega Crop after a whole lot of scepticism. I've used GH nutes for decades, and was very happy. After getting a lot of data here, I switched.

Most decisions to try something are based on data. I just started using Mega Crop after a whole lot of scepticism. I've used GH nutes for decades, and was very happy. After getting a lot of data here, I switched.
This site is fkn awesome. Lol its definitely helped me with making decisions what to use. Its really great to have this information so readily available. Right now im going with the gaia and put all my liquid nutes to the cellar.

This site is fkn awesome. Lol its definitely helped me with making decisions what to use. Its really great to have this information so readily available. Right now im going with the gaia and put all my liquid nutes to the cellar.
I started growing in 1970. There was no info at all then. The only grow book I could find never even mentioned a bloom 12/12 light cycle. There were no grow lights!!!

I started growing in 1970. There was no info at all then. The only grow book I could find never even mentioned a bloom 12/12 light cycle. There were no grow lights!!!
Just imagine what the next few years might bring. Was the bud really that much different? Pops always tells me things were a bit different as far as prices availability and quality go. Is that true?

Back
Top Bottom