Noob - Requesting Help

I'd second that. Although I have no involvement with him whatsoever, Gee has been really amazing the past few months since becoming a sponsor and answering any questions. I am also subscribed to his thread, very interesting stuff over there. I see nobody else that is a site sponsor who is as active a participant. If it were me I would buy a light of somebody that used the same light every day in his own garden........ That's just my two cents worth.

GROWant are some of the best available consumer leds for the price out there. If you aren't into DIY'ing, or COBs seem like a large undertaking, I'd get 4 of the 800w G5 fixtures for certain. 4 would give you enough coverage to start. 8 would be awesome, but expensive. They are lightweight, able to be daisy chained, and are affordable.

420-magazine-mobile1638298058.jpg

This plant has been flowering under the GROWant 240w while I setup my dedicated grow area. I have a journal started with a new pineapple kush seed :).

420-magazine-mobile137839278.jpg

Hey guys,

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I didn't have a chance to reply till today, unfortunately.

GROWant, thanks for posting on my thread! I'll be checking your lights out on your store later today, do you have any suggestions on what I should do for an 8x8 grow tent? I would like to grow 12 auto-flowers and figure 1 light for every 2 plants; is my math correct?

LB, I would like to do COBs but my budget won't allow for that, unfortunately. With the amount of lights I would need; again if my math is right, I'd be in the $4,000+ range. I can't afford that right now. Having said that, you DID open my eyes to the possibilities. So, while I can't afford it at this time, it's definitely something I'll be looking at later down the road! :)

Alright, got most of my materials purchased and shipping! I had to down-size a bit, after calculating the monthly electrical costs and I just couldn't justify it. So I went with a 4x8 set up and saved money in other ways as well. Cost me about ~$2500 but all in all I'm happy with what I'll be getting. 2500 is a lot less than the $4000 I was planning on spending, so its a win in my book!

Speaking of book, I went ahead and ordered those books by Jorge Cervantes (Marijuana Growing Basics, The Cannabis Encyclopedia). Can't wait to get into those. I've been reading, researching, and soaking up all I can, so hopefully I'm prepared for this. I'm still very excited!

I'll be posting probably once a week once everything gets going. Pictures included. Obviously, if you guys comment I'll try to reply as soon as possible, but you know how it goes! I hope you guys had a great Halloween!

Has / does anyone use this soil? It's Foxfarm FX14000 Ocean Forest potting soil.
81jk2sByrdL._SL1500_.jpg

Also, I read that auto-flowers should be potted into 15 gallon pots?! Unless I misread, that goes against what I've come to learn thus far. Any feedback on that? I read this on Royal Queen Seeds, through their blog. In any case, I went with 5 gallon pots as most of you seem to be in that range, from what I've seen.

Has / does anyone use this soil? It's Foxfarm FX14000 Ocean Forest potting soil.
81jk2sByrdL._SL1500_.jpg

Also, I read that auto-flowers should be potted into 15 gallon pots?! Unless I misread, that goes against what I've come to learn thus far. Any feedback on that? I read this on Royal Queen Seeds, through their blog. In any case, I went with 5 gallon pots as most of you seem to be in that range, from what I've seen.
Hi there warcheif. Yes have read correctly autos don't like to be transplanted so planting them in their final pot from the get go is the way to go. I just started using the foxfarm ocean forest on my new grow. NYC deasiel photo, and I love it just water and watch them grow lol.
420-magazine-mobile107468708.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1068752391.jpg
the last pic is the most current one.

Hey Dirtbagg,

You said you use the same soil and you just water? You don't need to add nutrients or anything later on?

Back
Top Bottom