Northern Lights & Harlequin First Grow Attempt

brownbag

Hello everyone first time posting and first time growing here. Also attempting it in my closet.

I started the grow 60 days ago and this is where "she" is. (not sure on sex yet)

I split the main cola into 4 by topping the plant twice. It seems like it only wants to grow 1-2 colas. After my attempts of bending and slowing the bigger colas down, it didn't seem to stall them enough for the smaller two to catch up. They just seem to grow faster and stronger.

Today while I was looking over my plant I tried spreading her colas out a bit from the middle so light could get through better. In doing so I accidentally pulled the colas too far apart at one of the two main joints and it split a little. I felt so bad and dumb for doing this and quickly put up the two zip ties you see in the picture to hold them together, I'm hoping this fixes it.

Tonight is her last night sleeping in veg and tomorrow is the first 12/12 day. Currently at 13". I have Flushed her for a day and don't plan on adding bloom nutrients until a week from now. This way she can finish her veg nutrients.

I don't think i did the best with these pictures (they were a bit rushed and sudden). If there is anything anyone would like to know/see about the grow or the room please feel free to ask! Advice is also much appreciated!:love::Namaste::thanks:

re: Northern Lights & Harlequin First Grow Attempt

HI and welcome to the :420:
She ( I always say that, until proven otherwise :rofl: ) looks lovely !!
She will stretch for a while after light change and seeing sex/ flowers can take about 2 weeks or less.

Welcome Don't worry I have learned that during veg your plants are forgiving. Just watch. You will see stress but in a couple days they should be ok. Hang in there.

Sent from my LGMS428 using 420

Thank you all for your words and positive vibes. I really appreciate it and feel welcome.

Ill post an update on Tuesday evening so everyone can see how shes doing with the new light cycle.

I'm so excited for this part!!

NLxHarlequin sounds like a good mix. yours look really nice. Dont worry about the split, I have done more than my share, and the most Ive ever done is drip honey on them.

Ive got a Harlequin going myself at the moment and she is really bushy with tight nodes. Ive topped a couple times and have been spreading the tops for tight nodes.

Where did you get your HarleyxNL seeds?

DSCF98821.JPG

Thanks, mouser, its the one that was most available! Your plant looks so pretty and healthy!

It actually came from a grow that had both Harlequin and Northern lights. I cant remember which one germinated the other though. The female started giving off seeds D:! managed to save the rest though, I also cant remember specifically where we got those seeds from either. It was about 2-3 years ago on a website. Sorry for the lack of information

Sorry for the delay on the post everyone, but not much has happened until today.

At most of my nodes these little fuzzy things seem to have sprouted. I'm honestly not sure if they are seeds or the beginning of something beautiful!

I also recently added some nutrients to help with the blooming but the very tip of my leaves seemed to yellow. I will have to tone the nutrients down a bit, but besides that she is growing great and strong!

If any of you with more experienced eyes see anything that I do not, please feel free to criticize/advise me in an appropriate way! :thanks::thanks:

20161118_130004.jpg
20161118_125949.jpg
20161118_125931.jpg
20161118_125658.jpg
20161118_125726.jpg
20161118_125916.jpg
20161118_125309.jpg

Congratulations it is a girl :cheer:
and she is ready to start flowering /growing buds :bravo:
When you start with nutrients, it is always best to go slow, as you noticed.
Feeding is like :One feeding with One third of dosage, to start and then next time, watering just plain water and see, if all good, next time feeding half dosage, then water only for next time and see:Namaste:

Thank you for the info!!

I will definitely take it slow with the nutrients. I would hate to mess up this far into my first grow.

I will keep everyone updated!

Hello again everyone!:welcome:

I had been noticing for the past few weeks that the bushier and taller my girl got the more her center would get shaded. Today I decided to fix this by tying down the four colas and spreading them apart from on another. In doing so I discovered a couple pretty dry leaves (I'm hoping they heal after this fix attempt) and also what look like to be 3 more smaller colas!! Pretty excited to see how this effects my plants.

Ill keep posting updates as things occur! :)

Thank you all for being here!:Namaste::thanks:

20161119_120139.jpg
20161119_120130.jpg

Hello again everyone! To all the new readers :welcome:! I have some updates!

Today I trimmed up the bottom 1/3 of my beautiful girl and got rid of her heavier leaves. I also removed the zip-ties I used. It seemed to have been a little late of a removal, but the damage seems like nothing serious. You can also see where I bent the colas trying to make space. When I bent them they cracked open just a bit, but they seemed to have healed up very nicely! You can see all this in the zoomed pictures of the stem.

I wasn't planning on trying this on my first grow, but since everything is going so well and I have the support of :420: and friends, I've decided to try making some clones!

Ill be leaving for about a week and leaving her to the care of my roommate. I hope I come back to something... smelly.

I will make sure to give an update when I get back from my trip this Sunday. Till then take care and be safe!:circle-of-love::Namaste::thanks::volcano-smiley:

20161122_155035.jpg
20161122_155011.jpg
20161122_154952.jpg
20161122_154944.jpg
20161122_154937.jpg
20161122_154930.jpg
20161122_154920.jpg
20161122_154858.jpg

20161122_155122.jpg

Hello again everyone!:welcome:

I had been noticing for the past few weeks that the bushier and taller my girl got the more her center would get shaded. Today I decided to fix this by tying down the four colas and spreading them apart from on another. In doing so I discovered a couple pretty dry leaves (I'm hoping they heal after this fix attempt) and also what look like to be 3 more smaller colas!! Pretty excited to see how this effects my plants.

Ill keep posting updates as things occur! :)

Thank you all for being here!:Namaste::thanks:

20161119_120139.jpg
20161119_120130.jpg
Looking good

Sent from my LGMS428 using 420

Got back from my trip last night and my plant was asleep so I coudlnt get a picture/upload last night. I woke up to some really bad news.

Today I found out my plant is a hermi, and I'm really upset about it :(.

If anyone has any advice on what to do with this please let me know. I'm about to rip it out and start all over again... =/

sad sad sad day indeed....

20161128_125016.jpg
20161128_125049.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom