Novice - Help with basic growing

Looks awsome to me without a ph meter you are doing great so far. :goodjob: But looks like to me if you are married or living with a girl she gonna be pissed when she got no room to do the laundry. Hopefully you got a friend close by in case she throws you out haha. :goodluck:

Ha! thankfully she lives near by and has her own laundry room, this one is reserved lol.
Any idea what the next dosage should be?
2 weeks ago I did a feed watering of 2 Gal water with:
Tiger Bloom: 1 Table Spoon
Grow Big:1 Table Spoon
Big Bloom: 1 Table Spoon

IMO, your lights are too far away.
CFLs and fluorescent tubes should be within a couple of inches. A Mars LED should be more like 18" (up to 24" max).
They look like they've had plenty to eat - almost too much (perfect). Be careful with more nute's.
Temps are high while RH is low.

Having said all that, they look awesome! :goodjob:

IMO, your lights are too far away.
CFLs and fluorescent tubes should be within a couple of inches. A Mars LED should be more like 18" (up to 24" max).
They look like they've had plenty to eat - almost too much (perfect). Be careful with more nute's.
Temps are high while RH is low.

Having said all that, they look awesome! :goodjob:

Thanks Major, Much appreciated.
The Mars get's very hot very powerful, heats the room 5-10 deg easily, I was worried about setting them too close to the plants.. but working on trying to get lights closer.... still a rook so I'm always looking to build apparatus for my space...

I get a little nervous running over 80 degrees. Its harder to control in smaller spaces. I bought a oscillating 12" fan for $16 at Home Depot. It really helps with the heat. I also bought a bathroom ceiling fan, 80CFMs, that I vented out using the existing out vent in my utility room for $15 and connected/powered usuing a dimmer switch. Works like a charm.

The vent.
photo_5227.JPG

Hey All,

I wanted to post some progress and get some opinions....

Stats:

Its a 5'x3'x8' room, so I need sunglasses when I open the door.
Humidity is between 35-45%
Temp is between 28-32 Deg Celcius (80-87 F)
No Fan, but I have a laundry room fan and open vent to outside.
3 plants in 5 Gal pot
Fixture #1: Mars 600 hanging from the ceiling about 3.5ft from top of leaves (600 Watt LED)
Fixture #2: 4 x Fluorescents mounted to side wall 4-6" from side of plants (22" T5 Full spectrum Florescent 24 W)
Fixture #3: LED BAR about 2.5ft from top of leaves ((1) 16" 6 LED, Energy consumption: 14 W)

Notes:
Seeding started around Xmas time.
I didn't know about nutes until about Mid Feb, since then I have been feeding as follows every 10-14days:

2 Gal water with:
Tiger Bloom: 1 Table Spoon
Grow Big:1 Table Spoon
Big Bloom: 1 Table Spoon
* Regular watering in-between as needed.

Leaves look lush and healthy, no burns or drying out etc.
No bugs
I trimmed the lower leaves close to the base, to promote growth up top.
I have been turning off the lights everyday for 8-10 hours per day to promote flowering (not sure if that's right).

What do you think of the progress, and dosage for feeding too low or too much?
How far am I from budding and cultivation?
All said and done the plants look healthy but it just seems they are growing at a snails pace.

Pictures to follow after this post.

Back
Top Bottom