Novice

Popi

420 Member
Hello everyone
I’m a bit of a novice and hope to hone my skills.
I grow dwc with gh.
I’ve tried other nutes but prefer the ocd controllability of the gh line.
Currently waiting for amber on what is either train wreck or tai. I’ve never grown either and hear they are very similar.
She was started from seed then given to me to make room and we’re not sure which one she is.
We are in week 12 running the ripening rather than the flush because I gave her an extra week when I moved her into the hydro.
Using a large net in a 5gal bucket with a rain drip and gh flora Series under a 250w/hps
Novice home grow but I hope to go to a better setup once I calibrate my vpd and nutrients.
ANY advice is welcomed.

Hello everyone
I grow dwc with gh.
Currently waiting for amber on what is either train wreck or tai. I’ve never grown either and hear they are very similar.
She was started from seed then given to me to make room and we’re not sure which one she is.
We are in week 12 running the ripening rather than the flush because I gave her an extra week when I moved her into the hydro.
Using a large net in a 5gal bucket with a rain drip and gh flora Series under a 250w/hps
Novice home grow but I hope to go to a better setup once I calibrate my vpd and nutrients.
ANY advice is welcomed.
Welcome to 420 Popi. Sounds like you have a good start.

Welcome,Popi,to 420!:welcome:
Can't help any with the hydro,But I'm interested to see what you've got going on !

I see no amber though she has ample red in her hair.
I may take a nug and test her but I think she needs a few more days.
Yay or nay?

Attachments

• E1EA14C9-4333-43BF-98C7-23B267431CDC.jpeg
    E1EA14C9-4333-43BF-98C7-23B267431CDC.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 136
  • D7E1BAE4-C3ED-4BFD-8D8F-248D89EF15A8.jpeg
    D7E1BAE4-C3ED-4BFD-8D8F-248D89EF15A8.jpeg
    267.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 1CC3F184-55C8-44FA-A361-071214C394D1.jpeg
    1CC3F184-55C8-44FA-A361-071214C394D1.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 126
  • 3BE47EBE-0B30-40A9-8742-DE1A288D1E3E.jpeg
    3BE47EBE-0B30-40A9-8742-DE1A288D1E3E.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 107
  • D541CA2B-ED14-4B4A-AA34-5E84AF6C7221.jpeg
    D541CA2B-ED14-4B4A-AA34-5E84AF6C7221.jpeg
    642.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 9CCA18A4-732A-4670-A7A9-B95A4E901708.jpeg
    9CCA18A4-732A-4670-A7A9-B95A4E901708.jpeg
    685.9 KB · Views: 118
Hello everyone
I grow dwc with gh.
ANY advice is welcomed.
Welcome to :420: Popi, your off to a great start, and looks about a week from getting ready to harvest, your getting close to the border stage of if you want an uplifting high, or let it go 2 weeks longer if you want more of a couch-lock high, I personally would check it in a few days to see where she’s at. Welcome along and cheers mate

Decided to take her fans after noticing her foxtails and milkier trichomes. Though I still don’t see enough amber I’ll give her
another few days of late flower nutrients and look at her trikes again; they’re getting milky so I took the fans to keep the nitrogen from being pulled back into the flower.

Attachments

• 1DD7A436-4825-4136-B5D1-12F6F9299D03.jpeg
    1DD7A436-4825-4136-B5D1-12F6F9299D03.jpeg
    619.1 KB · Views: 80
  • B5E2FAF8-C8CC-46FE-89F8-9622B5174B10.jpeg
    B5E2FAF8-C8CC-46FE-89F8-9622B5174B10.jpeg
    398 KB · Views: 91
  • F4F7FF89-70A1-469F-867B-E2CE082C6CA5.jpeg
    F4F7FF89-70A1-469F-867B-E2CE082C6CA5.jpeg
    576.4 KB · Views: 97
It's entirely a personal choice.

I find that smoking uncured bud only gives me a headache.
You could take some at different stages and then you will know for future.( but let it cure)
It's looking good.
I'm curious :hmmmm: ...Did you smoke before you grew? You must be smoking some wet shit if it gives you a headache...mine is just harsher when not cured...same taste and affect...no headaches though...huh

I'm curious :hmmmm: ...Did you smoke before you grew? You must be smoking some wet shit if it gives you a headache...mine is just harsher when not cured...same taste and affect...no headaches though...huh

Let’s be fair; my dad tried smoking when he was younger and it gave him a headache every time.
Uncured bud can be problematic for those sensitive to chlorophyll.

I didn't think I would have to defend this one.
I understand fully where you're coming from. Quick dried bud gives a harsh smoke.
And if you're battling mould you may have no choice but to cure quickly.
I see no amber though she has ample red in her hair.
I may take a nug and test her but I think she needs a few more days.
Yay or nay?
What I don't recommend is taking a nug . Drying it in 24 hours. Headache inducing s***.
Not a bad throbbing headache, just and niggler type.
:idea:

I would at least air dry for one week.
Even for sampling.
I fully empathize with someone looking into an empty jar 2 weeks from harvest. Then needs must.
The only true form of knowledge is experience.
By all means try it.
:bongrip::passitleft:

Let’s be fair; my dad tried smoking when he was younger and it gave him a headache every time.
I would at least air dry for one week.
Even for sampling.
I fully empathize with someone looking into an empty jar 2 weeks from harvest. Then needs must.
The only true form of knowledge is experience.
By all means try it.
:bongrip::passitleft:
Maybe I should have said wet "stuff" :hmmmm:"Shit" is just a conversational word here in Misery :rofl: and Chlorophyll is usually found mostly in the leaves...so if you trim well you should not have much to give you a headache...And knowledge is experience my friend...and most of my knowledge comes from trial and error...I didn't have a site like this when I started...I had to learn on my own...long hard road but it pays off...

EDIT: Chlorophyll is a pigment found in chloroplasts. Chloroplasts are organelles in all plant cells, but which are in highest concentration in the leaves, where light stimulates chlorophyll, ultimately leading to sugar production.

Now thats impressive SHIT. Lol

and most of my knowledge comes from trial and error...I didn't have a site like this when I started...I had to learn on my own...long hard road but it pays off...
I hear you, we'd be the same vintage.
I did not know this. :thumb:

Now thats impressive SHIT. Lol
I hear you, we'd be the same vintage.
:thanks::hug: Did you teach yourself too :high-five: well :hmmmm: I'm still learning :nomo:...:reading420magazine:...but I think I've got a good handle on it after 10+ years :rofl:

:thanks::hug: Did you teach yourself too :high-five: well :hmmmm: I'm still learning :nomo:...:reading420magazine:...but I think I've got a good handle on it after 10+ years :rofl:
:passitleft:
I did.
But I'm not the teacher type.
I find sometimes having DIY skills to be a bit of a hindrance .
Everything was a scrapyard challenge. My first light was an adapted floodlight.
Nutrients. What nutrients.:rofl:
Soil from the garden.

Is there any community in the world that shares its information as freely as this one.
Every day here is a school day.
The most recent example of this was brought to me by @Cultivator.
I used to increase the sugars for the last few weeks. ( molasses , sugar Royale)
His advice is that this causes a harsh smoke.
Counterproductive.
It's going to take me another 10 :reading420magazine::nomo:

Back
Top Bottom