Nute burn or potassium deficiency?

Zora21

I've had the go around on this grow. I thought they where being burned from the lights so I moved it up now sitting at around 350ppfd figured it would help slow things down regardless. Not sure what the issue is and it's not my first time asking for help, hopefully the wonderful people here could put me in the right direction. I've looked at some other threads but didn't seem to fit mine exactly.

Using dry organic amendments, they where just fed a full feeding a week ago.
1000000985.jpg

1000000984.jpg
1000000983.jpg
1000000979.jpg
1000000976.jpg
1000000981.jpg
1000000977.jpg

What's your feed and watering schedule. What is your pH?

I would lean towards mag deficiency
Hey og thanks for coming in.

They aren't on a full schedule yet in the 5 gallon pots, they have been fully watered at 1 tablespoons per gallon of media as per the instructions of top feed. It was watered in with green gro brix that has magnesium and green gro green aminos, I pH that mixture and then add recharge. They haven't been watered for 4 days and I think they will be due a watering by tomorrow on day 5.

Maybe if the water sat too long in the pot it shifted I'm not sure. I think I'm probably just in the waiting boat and I'll see if it gets better or worse before I do anything.
1000000990.jpg
1000000989.jpg

For now I did take these zoomed out pictures of the effected plants just in case it gives more details to anyone.

have you flipped them ?

looks like a potassium ask interfering with calmag. potassium and calmag are all tied up together, if you have an imbalance, it effects all 3.

problem with dry nutes is you need to be a wk or so ahead of what they want.

they also don't have a cannabis specific feed schedule and are not aiming directly at this market. i'm not sure it's balanced for cannabis or the best choice in nute lines.

Thanks for the replies
There's no sign of magnesium or manganese defects that I can see @Zora21 those usually are blueish leaves and deep purpling mottled of the inner leaves looks like a blood bruise almost.
Zinc is just as important as copper and iron. And it's not listed anywhere in your feeds.
Thanks for the replies friend. It seems weird to have naturally come up on a zinc deficiency. I've had my hands full chasing my tail, which I think is also a part of the problem. Between deficiency and over watering I'm not sure what to do haha.

have you flipped them ?

looks like a potassium ask interfering with calmag. potassium and calmag are all tied up together, if you have an imbalance, it effects all 3.

problem with dry nutes is you need to be a wk or so ahead of what they want.

they also don't have a cannabis specific feed schedule and are not aiming directly at this market. i'm not sure it's balanced for cannabis or the best choice in nute lines.
Yeah this is my first time using dry nutrients, the 3 plants I've been top feeding has been pretty hard to nail down. However the one I pre amended the pro mix with is going smoothly with just water.

I'm not sure tbh, I just stumbled across the nutrients on YouTube and they talked about growing cannabis ECT so I figured Id try it. That being said I think next I want to try gia green dry ammend and pre amended them.

I appreciate the info it's really helpful. There is probably definitely a imbalance, I've watered with cal mag almost every watering Using the green aminos and brix.

I'm not sure what the best thing to do is now, only thing I can think to do is get a really good dry down this time, and then not use cal mag this watering?

Also I'm not in flower, I'm waiting to mostly fill the tent tbh and make sure I can keep them healthy after the flip. At least get more comfortable with my watering and top feed.

IMG20240428071204.jpg

IMG20240424210251.jpg

Yeah this is my first time using dry nutrients, the 3 plants I've been top feeding has been pretty hard to nail down. However the one I pre amended the pro mix with is going smoothly with just water.

I'm not sure tbh, I just stumbled across the nutrients on YouTube and they talked about growing cannabis ECT so I figured Id try it. That being said I think next I want to try gia green dry ammend and pre amended them.

I appreciate the info it's really helpful. There is probably definitely a imbalance, I've watered with cal mag almost every watering Using the green aminos and brix.

I'm not sure what the best thing to do is now, only thing I can think to do is get a really good dry down this time, and then not use cal mag this watering?

Also I'm not in flower, I'm waiting to mostly fill the tent tbh and make sure I can keep them healthy after the flip. At least get more comfortable with my watering and top feed.

stick with the cal mag. watch to see if they green in. if the edges start to burn or brown you'll have to go in with another nute line to save them.

that nute line is trying to be all things to all growers. i'd stick with a cannabis specific line. i have success using cannabis nutes in the garden, not garden nutes on my cannabis.

stick with the cal mag. watch to see if they green in. if the edges start to burn or brown you'll have to go in with another nute line to save them.

that nute line is trying to be all things to all growers. i'd stick with a cannabis specific line. i have success using cannabis nutes in the garden, not garden nutes on my cannabis.
Exactly what he said. Just cuz it's for plants don't make it ideal for specific kinds.

Thanks so much. Kinda hurts to hear a bit but I'm actually thankful to know now. Especially because I get to order more stuff, my girlfriends going to hate it though lol. I'm going to order both gia green and bloom now and also try and save this grow with some leftover bottle nutrients I have.

I'll probably just use the rest for light houseplant feed and my outdoor veggies. Do you think the brix and aminos to make an organic cal mag like I've been doing is still fine? Not too much else in those tbh.

Again I really appreciate it.

I'm staying with zinc deficiency guys , sorry. There's potassium in every bag she's got.
Zinc is what helps chlorifile in your plants, chlorifile is what makes them green. You have no zinc in your amendments and there's nothing listed in the derived from ingredients. Not a damn Z anywhere.
It's an important ingredient. Small but makes a big difference. Take care. Hope you figure it out 🙏🏻

Back
Top Bottom