Nute burn or potassium deficiency?

I'm still learning to not trust random people on the Internet trying to sell me a product lmao. Live and learning guess.
I completely understand that ☺️
There's a lot of good nutes. You won't need them all obviously, however it's important to understand the baselines of cannabis nutritional needs. And how the amendments work. Knowing the science will simplify the task. You're plants looks great other than the discoloration of the inner leaves. That's a simple fix. Don't make it harder than it needs to be. 💚😇👍🏻 Ingredients matter!!🙏🏻

Thanks so much. Kinda hurts to hear a bit but I'm actually thankful to know now. Especially because I get to order more stuff, my girlfriends going to hate it though lol. I'm going to order both gia green and bloom now and also try and save this grow with some leftover bottle nutrients I have.

if you have a look at their line you are missing significant parts of it. you only have 2 of the 4 bags they require minimum.

there is a basic try pack they sell which has no less than 7 different items needed for the grow. the minimum you could get away with is probably 4, depending on what you started with for media.

I'm staying with zinc deficiency guys , sorry. There's potassium in every bag she's got.
Zinc is what helps chlorifile in your plants, chlorifile is what makes them green. You have no zinc in your amendments and there's nothing listed in the derived from ingredients. Not a damn Z anywhere.
It's an important ingredient. Small but makes a big difference. Take care. Hope you figure it out 🙏🏻

he isn't running their full nute schedule. the zinc is in the other parts.

if you have a look at their line you are missing significant parts of it. you only have 2 of the 4 bags they require minimum.

there is a basic try pack they sell which has no less than 7 different items needed for the grow. the minimum you could get away with is probably 4, depending on what you started with for media.

That's what's up. Thanks @bluter
:passitleft:

I completely understand that ☺️
There's a lot of good nutes. You won't need them all obviously, however it's important to understand the baselines of cannabis nutritional needs. And how the amendments work. Knowing the science will simplify the task. You're plants looks great other than the discoloration of the inner leaves. That's a simple fix. Don't make it harder than it needs to be. 💚😇👍🏻 Ingredients matter!!🙏🏻
Im slowly learning. Mainly through podcast ECT while I'm at work, but also trying to specifically read up on things.

Between not knowing, making a bunch of mistakes, and using something other than the norm makes it a very interesting ride. I'm actually not too worried about the outcome of the grow as Im in it for the process and love having a garden. I dont smoke or anything so it will all be gifts for friends and family who use for medical.

Even the chaos of it all is fun sometimes haha.

No worries on the girl thing, you can call me whatever you want:rofl:

So basically I don't know if this is helpful at this point but I do technically have 4 of the products. Maybe not the right ones but I'm trying haha.
1000000943.jpg
1000000911.jpg
1000000907.jpg

1000000907.jpg

Im slowly learning. Mainly through podcast ECT while I'm at work, but also trying to specifically read up on things.

read up on things here. you'll get a lot more support from the forum than you'll get from a podcast.

first thing i always advise is find a grow journal using the same media and nute line you are planning on. then follow or copy it direct. nothing works better than copying an already successful grow.

make sure to start a proper grow journal here yourself. it helps greatly when discussing issues and getting help.

So basically I don't know if this is helpful at this point but I do technically have 4 of the products. Maybe not the right ones but I'm trying haha.

you probably have enough to make it but likely not feeding correct. you use more than one product at a time when feeding. it looks like they ask for 2 - 3 at a go when feeding.

edit : it is also claiming to be something close to organic. it is not.

Between not knowing, making a bunch of mistakes, and using something other than the norm makes it a very interesting ride. I'm actually not too worried about the outcome of the grow as Im in it for the process and love having a garden. I dont smoke or anything so it will all be gifts for friends and family who use for medical.

Even the chaos of it all is fun sometimes haha.

No worries on the girl thing, you can call me whatever you want:rofl:
Live and learn 💚 sorry if I came off as a hard ass that wasn't intentional. You're in a good place with good people were all learning together. You'll catch on quick! And before you know it you'll be a ninja master grower. :Namaste::headbanger:
...growing is definitely most the fun. 😊

Magnesium Deficiency​

The lower and older leaves start turning yellow between the veins when a cannabis plant gets a magnesium deficiency

Problem: A light green or yellow coloring will begin to show on the veins and edges of the lower & older leaves – this is one of the classic signs of cannabis magnesium deficiency. You may also see red stems.
Magnesium is a mobile nutrient, which means that the plant can move it from old leaves to new leaves.
Cannabis magnesium deficiency - yellowing in between veins on older leaves

If you don’t react to it promptly, a cannabis magnesium deficiency can spiral out of control and cause your plant to lose a lot of lower leaves quickly. The plant will pull magnesium out of older leaves and bring them to the newer leaves. That’s why a magnesium deficiency usually appears towards the bottom of the plant and on older, less important leaves.
The edges of the leaves may become yellow or bright green and may start feeling crispy to the touch. This crispiness around the edges is different from nutrient burn, which does not lighten the margins inside the leaves.

https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-plant-problems/root-problems-cannabis#slide_menu

Root Problems

Root problems in cannabis can cause a variety of symptoms, which can look like almost anything

Cannabis Plants With Root Problems Show Many Symptoms
  • Cannabis may appear over watered or droopy
  • Curling or cupping of leaves
  • Wilting – either individual stems wilt or the whole plant may wilt
  • Slow growth, or staying very small for weeks
  • Leaf yellowing, or sometimes even other colors like purple or red
  • Brown spots / Burnt spots
  • Other strange nutrient problems
  • Brown or slimy roots – this is often a sign of root rot
  • Smelly runoff water (smells rotting or musty)
  • Leaves may start dying and falling off rapidly
  • Plants drink much less water than usual

And here is ZINC deficiency

Zinc Deficiency​

Zinc deficiency on cannabis plants cause the top leaves to turn yellow

Problem: With a cannabis zinc deficiency, younger leaves start yellowing in between the veins. Leaf tips get discolored and start dying. the leaves may take on a unique banded appearance and the plant may stop growing vertically. There may be much less space between new nodes, which can cause new leaves to start bunching together. If the plant is budding, its flowers may stop growing or even start dying if the problem isn’t corrected.
This cannabis plant is showing sings of a zinc deficiency
This marijuana plant is showing signs of a zinc deficiency in it's new growth

read up on things here. you'll get a lot more support from the forum than you'll get from a podcast.

first thing i always advise is find a grow journal using the same media and nute line you are planning on. then follow or copy it direct. nothing works better than copying an already successful grow.

make sure to start a proper grow journal here yourself. it helps greatly when discussing issues and getting help.

you probably have enough to make it but likely not feeding correct. you use more than one product at a time when feeding. it looks like they ask for 2 - 3 at a go when feeding.

edit : it is also claiming to be something close to organic. it is not.
Yeah I've been spending quite a lot of time here, as much as I can.

I actually do have a journal and have been following a couple. Unfortunately no one really uses what I have but I will be switching over the gaia green when they arrive so that should be a little easier to find a reference journal.

Thanks for all the advice, I feel like I owe everyone here money for all the help. Hopefully I can just pay everyone with success from all the tips.

I think I'll just save it with bottles as that was pretty easy to me because it's the fox farm trio. The info was everywhere how to use it, the only issue I had with it was cal mag but that's easy.

Magnesium Deficiency​

magnesium-deficiency-cannabis.jpg

Problem: A light green or yellow coloring will begin to show on the veins and edges of the lower & older leaves – this is one of the classic signs of cannabis magnesium deficiency. You may also see red stems.
Magnesium is a mobile nutrient, which means that the plant can move it from old leaves to new leaves.
mg-magnesium-deficiency-sm-169x300.jpg

If you don’t react to it promptly, a cannabis magnesium deficiency can spiral out of control and cause your plant to lose a lot of lower leaves quickly. The plant will pull magnesium out of older leaves and bring them to the newer leaves. That’s why a magnesium deficiency usually appears towards the bottom of the plant and on older, less important leaves.
The edges of the leaves may become yellow or bright green and may start feeling crispy to the touch. This crispiness around the edges is different from nutrient burn, which does not lighten the margins inside the leaves.

How to Identify & Fix Cannabis Root Problems with Pics!

Root Problems
root-problems-cannabis.jpg

Cannabis Plants With Root Problems Show Many Symptoms
  • Cannabis may appear over watered or droopy
  • Curling or cupping of leaves
  • Wilting – either individual stems wilt or the whole plant may wilt
  • Slow growth, or staying very small for weeks
  • Leaf yellowing, or sometimes even other colors like purple or red
  • Brown spots / Burnt spots
  • Other strange nutrient problems
  • Brown or slimy roots – this is often a sign of root rot
  • Smelly runoff water (smells rotting or musty)
  • Leaves may start dying and falling off rapidly
  • Plants drink much less water than usual

And here is ZINC deficiency

Zinc Deficiency​

zinc-deficiency-cannabis-1.jpg

Problem: With a cannabis zinc deficiency, younger leaves start yellowing in between the veins. Leaf tips get discolored and start dying. the leaves may take on a unique banded appearance and the plant may stop growing vertically. There may be much less space between new nodes, which can cause new leaves to start bunching together. If the plant is budding, its flowers may stop growing or even start dying if the problem isn’t corrected.
medium_zinc-deficiency-cannabis.jpg
medium_zinc-deficiency-marijuana.jpg
Thanks papa, I actually had read this and have been digging my way around that website and 10 years old reddit threads and here. I had a magnesium deficiency that you actually choked(edit im leaving the happy accident but I meant 'chimed") in on with my super root bound plant.

The weird thing about this one is it started at the top of the plant so it took me by surprise.

That being said I appreciate all of the graphics as I've been searching for any I can find and screenshotting them

Yeah I've been spending quite a lot of time here, as much as I can.

I actually do have a journal and have been following a couple. Unfortunately no one really uses what I have but I will be switching over the gaia green when they arrive so that should be a little easier to find a reference journal.

Thanks for all the advice, I feel like I owe everyone here money for all the help. Hopefully I can just pay everyone with success from all the tips.

I think I'll just save it with bottles as that was pretty easy to me because it's the fox farm trio. The info was everywhere how to use it, the only issue I had with it was cal mag but that's easy.

i think you can probably get away with those nutes, they just have to be used right. i'm not sure on their formula.

they look to be a garden nute making the stretch into cannabis. i'd prefer if they talked directly about cannabis.

there's a couple lines here you can buy in big box stores trying to do the same thing. they're never the best, but you can do sorta ok if you are good with that.

too many crappy garden nute companies have realized they need to jump on the band wagon.

Back
Top Bottom