Nute lockout or multiple deficiencies?

Mogan2011

Bear with me, I'm a noob, first time grower diving in head first in the deep end. I got two clones 8/31. OG kush and sour D. I am doing a closet grow, starting with a t5 fluorescent bulb and Fox farms ocean forest medium but just switched to a 150 Watt hps about two weeks ago. Everything was going good until I switched them into their forever pots (3 gallon plastic pots) with the Fox farms soil and between the soil and what I can only think of started out as underwatering has turned into a guessing game of what could be going on. I've done two flushes, supplemented azamite clay powder only after the first flush, and haven't supplied any additional nutes yet and just a few days ago gave them a dousing of molasses water (1 tbsp to 1 gallon ratio split the gallon in half between both plants). I took four clones off of it about a month ago then decided to chop the top third of the plant to help redirect the nutrients to the lower half and just cloned what was on the top half about a week ago. I don't think I'm able to upload pics seeing as I can only access this through my phone right now. So I can email pics to whoever is willing and able to help. Much appreciation to anyone that can help.

go to gallery tab at the top, go to "upload photos", the go to "select files for upload" (near the bottom), once selected, click the "upload photo" button below the select files button.in the next screen click "process" once uploaded, come back to thread, click on "my photos" in the bottom of the quick reply box, click on photos and it will put the url into the thread for you. piece of cake.

20141109_100356.jpg
20141109_100512.jpg
20141109_100804.jpg
20141109_101028.jpg
20141109_100143.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm definitely not tech savvy anymore. Appreciate the tips. Here's a few pics but I might have to take some better ones. Messed the order of the pics up so I don't know what is what.

My temp are around 77 degrees on average and around 40% humidity. Last ph check was 7.0 for both plants and I keep the doors on my closet cracked enough to get fresh air in but keep cats out and I have a 7 1/2" fan in there to keep air moving.

I don't have a reliable way of testing the soil so I'm not sure what the exact ph of that is. And I hadn't provided any nutes since I know the Fox farms dirt is so rich (figured I would have flowered before now) the water runoff was 6.6 for both plants. I forgot to test the water before dousing them but we have tested it before and it's right around 7. My roommate ended up pulling out his ppm meter and tested the water too. The OG Kush was only at 410 and the sour D was around 750. So we are assuming the plants were locked out, especially the sour D but now they are just deficient? We have been leaning towards manganese, magnesium and phosphorus deficiencies. And this is just my own guess but I feel like they may have become locked out due to underwatering? It seems like once I doused them with the molasses water and then kept watering them heavier the damage to the plants have slowed, decreased or stopped. So another question I have is if a plant gets nute lock out and it's been that way for a while is it still possible to reboot it and get it sucking up nutes again? Oh and I have been going as organic as possible for this grow.

Looks like what happened to me...I'm new grower too.I took a chance and used fox farms flower Kiss spray foliar on my plants .wow what results I got...plant leaves perked up..the whole plant looks great now..I would try some type of spray on it

If the water going in is a PH of 7, and the runoff coming out is at 6.6, the soil PH is typically a little lower than 6.6, as long as you tested the first bit of runoff coming out, the reading is the most accurate you'll get.

You have one lower leaf yellowing, which in most cases is Nitrogen, or lockout. Judging from your runoff, your PH is within the correct range for Nitrogen to be absorbed, so I would guess that you're seeing deficiencies, and not lockout.

By correcting and maintaining the PH, the plant will begin to intake nutrients again. As long as your PH has always been fairly consistent, then I'd say just feed her some nutes and then watch closely the next few days.

See that pot your growing in .. looks like it takes a long time to dry out . How many drainage holes in the bottom of that pot ? And how often are you watering it ?

Back
Top Bottom