Nutes: What To Use & How To Use Them Tutorial

lol cant read those small letters ..ugh

this is for the flora dou simple recirculating

week 1 seedlings
300-500 ppm
5ml A
2.5 B
5 ml cal mag (seems like allot for seedlings )

week 2 early growth
700-900 ppm
10 ml A
5 ml B

hope this helps..

thanks kjc!

I thought I would try here before starting a new thread:

Anyone got a weekly feeding schedule for Jack's fertilizer?

I just bought:
Jack's Professional 5-12-26 Hydroponic
Jack's Professional 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate
Jack's Classic 10-30-20 Blossom Booster

I see a lot of posts on other boards stating to go with 3g Hydro/2g CalNit per gallon but no where can I actually find a weekly feeding chart or when to add the Bloom Booster and at what ratio........ Yes - I should probably have gotten that figured out before I ordered but it was a last minute decision and I had to order quick to get the order on the boat to be shipped to me overseas......

Any help from you Jack's users would be greatly appreciated.

Oh using an Oxypot ebb & Flow with Rice hulls as the medium.

Thanks and cheers -

Does not appear to be any Jacks users here but I thought I would give a quick update after 3 weeks of use:

So far I have used Jacks for Fresh planted rooted/clones (50%), Veg (100%) and weeks 2-4+ Flower (100%) @ a 3/2 ratio totaling 600-640 ppm. So far all golden.

Note: Plants had some small issues on some different nutes and had not snapped out of it until the second week when I stated using RO water.

Using RO water I initially add PH up but found that I did not need to if I let it sit for a couple hours it raises a bit and many people say that there is no issue using it at a PH of 5.2 which is the lowest I have seen right after nutes are added. The most it has climbed over a one week period is up to 5.7 and that was the second week of flower.

So far pretty happy but final product is not in - I will update when done.

WG

I thought I would try here before starting a new thread:

Anyone got a weekly feeding schedule for Jack's fertilizer?

I just bought:
Jack’s Professional 5-12-26 Hydroponic
Jack’s Professional 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate
Jack’s Classic 10-30-20 Blossom Booster

I see a lot of posts on other boards stating to go with 3g Hydro/2g CalNit per gallon but no where can I actually find a weekly feeding chart or when to add the Bloom Booster and at what ratio........ Yes - I should probably have gotten that figured out before I ordered but it was a last minute decision and I had to order quick to get the order on the boat to be shipped to me overseas......

Any help from you Jack's users would be greatly appreciated.

Oh using an Oxypot ebb & Flow with Rice hulls as the medium.

Thanks and cheers -

I asked a sponsored grower about his nutes and feeding and this is what he posted.....

......Epsom salt is the household name. It's also known as magnesium sulfate which is a little more revealing.

Here's a copy, and paste from Wikipedia.

"In gardening and other agriculture, magnesium sulfate is used to correct a magnesium or sulfur deficiency in soil; magnesium is an essential element in the chlorophyll molecule, and sulfur is another important micronutrient. It is most commonly applied to potted plants, or to magnesium-hungry crops, such as potatoes, roses, tomatoes, lemon trees, carrots and peppers.'

The JR Peters mix is low in both magnesium, and sulfur. So epsom salt is added to complete that mix. I use what's called the 3-2-1 formula. Three parts 5-12-26 Hydroponic, two parts 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate, and one part epsom salt. Mixing is pretty easy. I use measuring scoop spoons. For both 5-12-26 Hydroponic, and 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate I use a 1/4 teaspoon scoop, and the epsom salt I use a 1/8 scoop. They mix easily with tap water. In fact the formula is made to use with tap water. They have another formula for RO water if you wanna go that route. I've never tried it tho.

I asked a sponsored grower about his nutes and feeding and this is what he posted.....

......Epsom salt is the household name. It's also known as magnesium sulfate which is a little more revealing.

Here's a copy, and paste from Wikipedia.

"In gardening and other agriculture, magnesium sulfate is used to correct a magnesium or sulfur deficiency in soil; magnesium is an essential element in the chlorophyll molecule, and sulfur is another important micronutrient. It is most commonly applied to potted plants, or to magnesium-hungry crops, such as potatoes, roses, tomatoes, lemon trees, carrots and peppers.'

The JR Peters mix is low in both magnesium, and sulfur. So epsom salt is added to complete that mix. I use what's called the 3-2-1 formula. Three parts 5-12-26 Hydroponic, two parts 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate, and one part epsom salt. Mixing is pretty easy. I use measuring scoop spoons. For both 5-12-26 Hydroponic, and 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate I use a 1/4 teaspoon scoop, and the epsom salt I use a 1/8 scoop. They mix easily with tap water. In fact the formula is made to use with tap water. They have another formula for RO water if you wanna go that route. I've never tried it tho.

Thanks Toxxxic,

Sponsored or not I would double check your sources info with others on different boards.

This is off the top of my head but after doing a lot of reading about it off and on for over a month.

Jack's Pro 5-12-26 is made for distilled or RO water - If your using tap then they suggest sending them a water sample (I don't have the product in front of me as I am at work - but I will check later - Never bothered to check as I have never read anything to contradict it)

"Most all" suggest mixing by PPM not weight for the best accuracy!

Also, you can NOT mix together - must mix separately and add to res in Order - Jack's, Epson, CalNit

Seems about half the Jacks users use the 3-2-1 vs the 3-2. I am a minimalist but have the Epsom salts on Hand. But if I do add I will start at .5 as most seem to.

This first grow is really a test grow for me so..... keep that in mind and back up any facts :)

WG

Note: I posted above not to mix by weight which is correct; but Toxxic referenced Volume which is also correct and suggested on the packaging. Still - I am sticking with EC/PPM which has the best accuracy.

2nd Note: Jacks is made for TAP but VERY few do it seems. From what I can see only people with PPM of 50 or less are doing so.

FYI - I live in a 3rd world county so RO is a must i'd think. My PPM is roughly 140 but not sure what they add to keep it drinkable. I may take a sample next time I go home for testing though.

LOL - I thought I would be smart today and use rain water - I got a trash can full real quick but my Pump did not have the strenght to pump it upstairs. Of course I did not find this out till after I drained my rez...... Hauling 60 gallons upstairs was b!tch on short notice before work!

WG

I've been doing Fox Farms 3 major nutes, Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom. Then instead of open sesame I grind banana peel, and mix with 2 tbsp of pure blackstrap molasses 2 times per week with feed. Works great. Always flush out good 1 week before harvest for the 5 nights. Until each day the soil runs clear.

Re: NUTES - What To Use and How to use them - Tutorial

I use the 3, Grow Big, Big Bloom, and Tiger, then mix up banana peel with blackstrap instead of open sesame,,,,,,works CHOICE.
Flush though, last week, every day until runs clear, then dry one-two days...enjoy!

Can someone explain to me the theory and schedule of using molasses , sugar, corn syrup.... Ect. Ect. In feeding your plants. Pros and cons please. Thank you very much.

Unsulfered molasses is a popular ingredient in many nutrient formulas. Unsulfered molasses can add aroma and a sweeter flavor to your buds and contains many nutrients that are used by cannabis plants. Unsulfered molasses can be used at 1 teaspoon per gallon in vegetative growth and flowering. Unsulfered molasses can be used as a harvest flush at 2 tablespoons per gallon. I would not add molasses to a Aeroponic/Hydroponic system unless it is a part of a Heisenberg Tea.

"Nutritional information

Molasses contains no protein or dietary fibre and close to no fat. Each tablespoon (20 g) contains 58 kcal (240 kJ), 14.95 g of carbohydrates, and 11.1 g of sugar divided among

Sucrose: 5.88 g
Glucose: 2.38 g
Fructose: 2.56 g

Important minerals

Minerals in Meridian/Organic/Pure blackstrap - per 100 g (equivalent to 5 tablespoons):

Calcium: 400 mg (50% RDA)
Iron: 13 mg (95% RDA)
Magnesium: 300 mg (38% RDA)"

https://en.wikipedia.org Molasses

Thank you for the info. I am gonna try it. Always looking for the little tweaks that make bud a little bigger and a little better. Molasses here I come.

Re: NUTES - What To Use and How to use them - Tutorial

Maybe I'm misreading this, but I believe if I gave my plants this much FF nutes, they would be burnt to a crisp.

Anyone actually giving their plants this much FF chemical nutes like Grow Big and Tiger Bloom in soil?

:peace:

Harry

I actually use a pretty close dosage for my plants. I could honestly bump my dosage a tsp.

Check my journal the plants are all very interesting.

When using molasses, use with nutrients and cal-mag ??? :Namaste:

i add it with str8 water and full nute regiment with no signs that they dont like it . and i use cal mag .

Back
Top Bottom