Nutes: What To Use & How To Use Them Tutorial

Whats up everyone, I've been Vegging under T5 lights for a while with pretty fair success. Since I transitioned to the LED lights the plants are experiencing leaf curl similar to over watering, but they are kinda twisted. I wanted to veg them for two more weeks before switching them. I wonder if anyone has had a problem like this with or without LEDs. I also transplanted them so it could be shock.
How do ya'll water your plants? I was wondering if you give nutes with every watering or if you give a feeding every other watering. Also what level do you keep your N during veg? I'm using the Botanicare grow and cal mag with a few extra supplements and the leaves appear yellow, I've added more of the Cal Mag since and I'm waiting to see the results.
WP_20141226_0051.jpg

The temp balances out at 86 Humidity has been lower than expected around 40% which I'm working on. Other than that I cant seem to figure it out what could be wrong.

Whats up everyone, I've been Vegging under T5 lights for a while with pretty fair success. Since I transitioned to the LED lights the plants are experiencing leaf curl similar to over watering, but they are kinda twisted. I wanted to veg them for two more weeks before switching them. I wonder if anyone has had a problem like this with or without LEDs. I also transplanted them so it could be shock.
How do ya'll water your plants? I was wondering if you give nutes with every watering or if you give a feeding every other watering. Also what level do you keep your N during veg? I'm using the Botanicare grow and cal mag with a few extra supplements and the leaves appear yellow, I've added more of the Cal Mag since and I'm waiting to see the results.
WP_20141226_0051.jpg

The temp balances out at 86 Humidity has been lower than expected around 40% which I'm working on. Other than that I cant seem to figure it out what could be wrong.

Low lighting maybe over lighting? What's your LED type w/ specs HiddenGrow?

WP_20141226_0051.jpg

I use General hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients and feed nutrients every time I water unless I am flushing my plants. When the plants have 4"-5" of growth and and have 3 nodes of growth I begin using 1/4 strength nutrients and as the plant grows gradually transition to full strength nutrients. Can you please take some close up photographs of your plants under natural lighting? What specifications is your LED light panel built to? How far above the canopy is your LED light panel?

Here is my soiless mixture

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae and bacteria for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and the plants roots as well as retaining moisture.

PRO-MIX_HP_MYCORRHIZAE.jpg

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

https://www.hydro-organics.com earth juice rooters mycorrhizae

Pro-Mix HP has 1 species of mycorrhizae added, I add 10 others species of mycorrhizae and more of the strain already contained in Pro-Mix HP. When I transplant my plants to larger size pots I use 1 teaspoon per 1 gallon size pot and 2-3 teaspoons per 3 gallon size pot of additional mycorrhizae granules.

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used with hydroponic, soil and soiless mediums.

(click the photographs for direct links to the products)

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

https://www.growitbest.com general hydroponics Flora series performance pack

roots1.png

I can upload pics tomorrow afternoon of each individual plant. I use Roots Excelurator at .4 ml per gallon every other watering and Sensizym with every watering.
I am using the Mars 2 1600 in a panda film enclosure sitting above a 3.5' diameter kiddie pool. It's resting around 2 feet above the plants with the panda film extending from the top of the light to the bottom of the pool. I did this to stabilize the temperatures and use the lights heat emissions in my favor for the winter season. I have a Canna Coco mixture that I preflushed and mixed with chunky perlite, no vermiculite this time, I prefer Coco for it's relatively cheap price and I've had great success using it. I haven't seen that brand of soilless mixture around the hydroponics stores I frequent. I'll ask and see what I can learn.
I haven't actually measured the height of the light, but it is not any lower than 2 feet and higher than 3 feet.

roots1.png

I can upload pics tomorrow afternoon of each individual plant. I use Roots Excelurator at .4 ml per gallon every other watering and Sensizym with every watering.
I am using the Mars 2 1600 in a panda film enclosure sitting above a 3.5' diameter kiddie pool. It's resting around 2 feet above the plants with the panda film extending from the top of the light to the bottom of the pool. I did this to stabilize the temperatures and use the lights heat emissions in my favor for the winter season. I have a Canna Coco mixture that I preflushed and mixed with chunky perlite, no vermiculite this time, I prefer Coco for it's relatively cheap price and I've had great success using it. I haven't seen that brand of soilless mixture around the hydroponics stores I frequent. I'll ask and see what I can learn.
I haven't actually measured the height of the light, but it is not any lower than 2 feet and higher than 3 feet.

House & Garden Roots Excelurator or Sensizym are additives and not a N-P-K source for your plants, are you also using any other nutrients? Plants grown in coco coir require a calcium and magnesium supplement. Plants grown under LED light panels require a higher amount of calcium and magnesium, I use Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus as a calcium and magnesium supplement at 5-8 milliliters per gallon.

I would introduce a calcium and magnesium supplement containing calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate Such as Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from a seedling. Cal-Mag Plus and CaliMagic are synthetic calcium and magnesium supplements. If you are using a natural source of calcium and magnesium based calcium and magnesium supplement such as General Organics CaMg+ you can start to add at the start of vegetative growth. I use Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus at 5-8 milliliters or 1-1 1/2 teaspoon per gallon as a calcium and magnesium supplement for the majority of my cannabis plants.

(Click on the photographs for direct links to the products)

Sorry I wasn't being clear
My Last watering I used: 1Gal
Botanicare
Cal-Mag 2-0-0 3ml
Kind Grow 2-2-4 2.25ml
Fulvex Trace Mineral Extract 3ml
BioAg
Ful-Power Humic acid 3ml
GrowMore
Seaweed Extract 2.5ml
Advanced Nutes
Rhino Skin Silica Extract 2ml
SensiZym 2ml
House Garden
Roots Excelurator 0.4ml (This is what I give my plant to help them develop a healthy Root System. It was recommended to me since I use a mainly synthetic nutrient system.)
PH 6.0
.5L per Plant
Should I up the feeding of the Cal-Mag? Im using it to replace the Kind Base in the Botanicare Kind line-up. I am using filtered tap water so I use low feedings until I get myself a PPM meter.
I use a different line up during flower, but the transition to the other tent has stunted my hard work so I haven't used it in a while.

Yes I would increase the Cal-Mag Plus to 5-8 milliliters per gallon when using coco coir and an LED light panel.

Thanks KingJohnC
I built an interior frame for the LED tent so I could hang the light higher and now the Plants have had an increase in growth!! I removed half of them to see if it was the lights causing the growth and slowly the new growth has started to emerge, Perky and healthy. The Lights are hung 5'6" above the ground and about 4' from the plants to allow the spectrum to mix better. It appears that the Mars 2 has to have a minimum of 36 inches above the canopy or the leaves curled just they would with overwatering.

I will Increase the Cal Mag to 5ml next watering and slowly increase by 1 ml each week.

Hey kingjohn. I got a question about supersoil. I'm a novice grower. My first grow is starting this spring. I'm really interested in growing organically and have researched a few sites on supersoils and their constituents.I'm online every day reading and learning as much as I can learn about growing . I know there is a steep learning curve but I feel anybody can attempt to grow pot but I'm more interseted in the science of growing. In your personal opinion should I stick with chemical nutes given on a schedule or going with the supersoil. Can growing in supersoil really only require just water through the entire grow

While I have some experience using soil amendments I still have not made the best medium that can be made for my cannabis plants with soils. I will continue to experiment with the soil amendments I have available trying to make a better blend. I currently grow in either peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae for my soiless mixture and my Aeroponic Grow System with synthetic nutrients.

I have seen only a few Grow Journals using Super soils where either the plants were watered with water or a Tea for the duration of the grow. I would like to see more!

I believe that currently a soil blend is required for vegetative growth and the plants are transplanted into a flower Super soil mixture for flowering with Super soil.

I believe that you could have success growing with either a medium and synthetic or organic nutrients or growing in a Super soil mixture, the question is which method would produce medicine for you in the shortest amount of time until you are able to ensure a production of medicine and explore further methods of growing cannabis.

Here is my soiless mixture

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae and bacteria for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and the plants roots as well as retaining moisture.

PRO-MIX_HP_MYCORRHIZAE.jpg

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

https://www.hydro-organics.com earth juice rooters mycorrhizae

Pro-Mix HP has 1 species of mycorrhizae added, I add 10 others species of mycorrhizae and more of the strain already contained in Pro-Mix HP. When I transplant my plants to larger size pots I use 1 teaspoon per 1 gallon size pot and 2-3 teaspoons per 3 gallon size pot of additional mycorrhizae granules.

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used with hydroponic, soil and soiless mediums.

(click the photographs for direct links to the products)

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

https://www.growitbest.com general hydroponics Flora series performance pack

What I meant to ask is if I plan on not growing organically and plan on using ff soils should I have to add more mycorrhizae to the soil or do ff soils contain enough

If I plan on just using ff soils is it necessary to add more mycorrhizae.I really understand the need for a healthy soil. Should I add bactrex to ff soils

What I meant to ask is if I plan on not growing organically and plan on using ff soils should I have to add more mycorrhizae to the soil or do ff soils contain enough

Will fox farms microbe brew add beneficial mycorrhizae and fungi to my soil.

I would always amend any medium that you will grow cannabis in with mycorrhizae. Neither BACTREX or Bush Doctor Microbe Brew include which strains and quantity of mycorrhizae that are in their formulations.

You mentioned different strands of mycorrhizae. Could u tell me what product I can buy that contains different strands of mycorrhizae. I'll be using ff happy frog soil as my medium

I'll be using ff happy frog soil as my grow medium and the ff line of nutes. What size should my ladies be when I start adding nutes. I've read that one should wait until the fourth set of leaves are visible to start adding nutes. Am i correct

I'll be using ff happy frog soil as my grow medium and the ff line of nutes. What size should my ladies be when I start adding nutes. I've read that one should wait until the fourth set of leaves are visible to start adding nutes. Am i correct

When my plants are 4"-5" tall and have 5 nodes of growth I begin giving them 1/4 strength nutrients and gradually over multiple watering work my way up to full strength nutrients. You may find that the FoxFarm Happy Frog soil will supply some nutrients to your plants and you may not require additional nutrients for some time.

Back
Top Bottom