Occasional nitrogen deficiency

So, occasionally during grows my plants get lime green waiting for soil nutrients to be available for many reasons.

Can liquid nitrogen be added to water during these moments so i can get em back while im waiting……
Calcium nitrate. Fully water soluble. Magnesium sulfate(Epsom salt) helps keeping them green to. It's most often best to use both in combination to get pH more stable. Cheers!

Aka Cal/Mag.
Close but no cigar. If he's going to the hydro store then he should get traditional "Calmag" with a combination of Calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate and chelated iron.

If you dont need the extra Nitrogen "Calimagic" is a better choice with Calcium carbonate and Magnesium Sulfate in the mix, it's also way better at buffering pH compared to traditional "Calmag". In EU we have T.A's copy of "Calimagic" called "Calcium/Magnesium"

Cheers!

Close but no cigar. If he's going to the hydro store then he should get traditional "Calmag" with a combination of Calcium nitrate, magnesium nitrate and chelated iron.

If you dont need the extra Nitrogen "Calimagic" is a better choice with Calcium carbonate and Magnesium Sulfate in the mix, it's also way better at buffering pH compared to traditional "Calmag". In EU we have T.A's copy of "Calimagic" called "Calcium/Magnesium"

Cheers!
I may be sorry I asked, but the difference between the nitrate, the carbonate and the sulfate?

Does it suffice to say i need calcium, magnesium and “iron” in the product im looking for? The term “chilated” doesn’t seem to appear in regards to “Iron” in most products im seeing

@Wastei
Yeah as long as it has those three in the listed ingredients. You have AN Calmag XTRA, probably the most widely seen on the hydro store shelves but any products with the three ingredients will help fastest to correct a N deficiency in your situation.

I may be sorry I asked, but the difference between the nitrate, the carbonate and the sulfate?
The main difference is the amount of Nitrogen and the inherent pH. Carbonates will do more to raise pH and keep it there while sulfates will help to lower pH. The combination and ratio of sulfates to carbonates gives a good starting point for making a nutrient solution pH stable.

The main difference is the amount of Nitrogen and the inherent pH. Carbonates will do more to raise pH and keep it there while sulfates will help to lower pH. The combination and ratio of sulfates to carbonates gives a good starting point for making a nutrient solution pH stable.
Ok, thanks. That wasn't so bad. :thumb:

And just to be sure, i’ll be mixing the cal/mag XTRA with my water and THEN ph my water to 6.5 or at least testing the water’s ph once i have mixed in…

I just read that i can add to water, and foliar at the same time, any opinions on this ???
Yes but be careful wetting leaves. I like to foliar spray an hour or so before lights on to allow the plant to absorb the spray along with any residue evaporating before lights on.

Wet leaves can bring disease.

Balance is everything in growing. More is not always better.

1699892872313.jpeg

… as advised i went with .6 tsp per gallon, less than recommended to be safe 🤷‍♂️

1700136564280.jpeg

Official day 3 and Cal/Mag+ did its deal, and getting better, im gonna let them soak up all the last watering. They are not solid dark green but getting better

Would it be overkill to add a little cal/mag a day or two from now, or just do a regular ph’d watering ??? Hmmmm 🤔

There’s fresh soil/worm castings, and fertilizer, but my guess the roots may have not landed there yet

Back
Top Bottom