Octopot Adventures: A Community Exploration

SOS!! I was changing my res tonight (diy octopot) and there are dozens of these tiny white bugs :eek:

20190326_214214.jpg

20190326_214314.jpg

20190326_214416.jpg

Her roots were yucky so I cut them off

20190326_214242.jpg

Does anyone know what this is and whether I should dump the offending party?!?

Here's the plant

IMG_20190326_212315.jpg
IMG_20190326_210137.jpg

SOS!! I was changing my res tonight (diy octopot) and there are dozens of these tiny white bugs :eek:

20190326_214214.jpg

20190326_214314.jpg

20190326_214416.jpg

Her roots were yucky so I cut them off

20190326_214242.jpg

Does anyone know what this is and whether I should dump the offending party?!?

Here's the plant

Roots look really bad. :straightface: In a container garden and a closed system like Octopot that level of infestation isn’t a good sign at all.

Done. It's in a florakleen soak. Does it need something stronger? Can the roots be brought back to health?

Cannabis is a vigorous species, hell-bent on survival. If I were a betting woman I’d put my money on her.

The thrips are a greater concern. Left unattended they’ll set you back more than you expect and frustrate you at every turn.

The level of infestation suggests you need some drastic changes. I don’t think you’ll lose the plant, but you may want to rethink your system. Something supported the growth of that community.

Your job, should you choose to accept it, is to uncover that mystery and tweak to improve functionality.

The level of infestation suggests you need some drastic changes. I don’t think you’ll lose the plant, but you may want to rethink your system. Something supported the growth of that community.

Your job, should you choose to accept it, is to uncover that mystery and tweak to improve functionality.

That tote is narrower and deeper than the others so it needs more water and has less surface area. Off the top of my head, I'd say that's a good place to start. But where could they have come from?

They are far too small to know whether they're one or the other but they move like how the springtails are described.

I think I'll move her into the bathroom for quarantine and check again tomorrow. None of the others have it

Thank you soooooo much for your quick reply! Talked me off a ledge :thanks:

That tote is narrower and deeper than the others so it needs more water and has less surface area. Off the top of my head, I'd say that's a good place to start. But where could they have come from?

They are far too small to know whether they're one or the other but they move like how the springtails are described.

I think I'll move her into the bathroom for quarantine and check again tomorrow. None of the others have it

Thank you soooooo much for your quick reply! Talked me off a ledge :thanks:

I’ve been there. :hug: It was good to be the one doing the talking. :laughtwo:

She’ll be fine, and I’m pulling for springtails. :thumb:

Brix has a mystery.....

Octopot recommends running the nutrients at half-strength. Zamaldelica x Panama is being fed New Millennium at about 50%, and Brix just bumped that up to 60%, since her leaves are going anemic and falling off. “We don’t grow them for the leaves” isn’t as reassuring when they’re all looking at risk. :straightface:

We were wondering what you all thought?

Back
Top Bottom