Odd leaves new soilmix

20230611_081442.jpg

Does this curling in the top leaves look like a problem with Ph?
I'm trying out a soil mix with my old recycled soil and ammendments with coco coir, perlite, and gardening lime.

Other than it looks like something other than a Cannabis plant?

I'm trying out a soil mix with my old recycled soil and ammendments
All soil is recycled when thinking about it. Nature adds amendments along the lines of more organic material; anything from the leaves that fall off the trees to the tree itself when it eventually falls over to the field grasses and weeds that eventually die.

ammendments with coco coir, perlite, and gardening lime.
The only one I can see in those three that could be causing a problem is the 'gardening lime'.

How much did you add?

Also, did you mix anything in with the water to help with the available nutrients?

Yes, Tomatoe strain...lol. Water only so far. The top leaves reminded me of nitrogen clawing, but the color Isn't that dark.

I was going for 1tsp per cubic foot, but reduced that by the extra coco coir&pearlite.
My previous attempt had endrot and my local GrowGuru suggested adding the gardenLime. In between seasons I forgot how much recommend.

I'm hoping to workUp a rich organic soilmix Cycle/Recycle for mostly waterOnly. $$over the years on good soil.
Im a DirtHoarder.

I was going for 1tsp per cubic foot,
I looked up some basic info and a Tablespoon is OK for a gallon of soil. And, there are about 7 gallons to a cubic foot of soil so I have to believe that there is not an excess lime problem. That seems to be the recommended amount for the usual potting soil mix.

The top leaves reminded me of nitrogen clawing, but the color Isn't that dark.
The dark color and the way the leaves are curled look like frost damage to me. Maybe it is aphids?

Other than it looks like something other than a Cannabis plant?
I lost it when I read that wings!😆

When you say recycled soil, that could be any thing from depleted to mineral build up. Generally thick dark green clawing new growth on tomatoes is a sign of excessive Nitrogen. If you have a PH tester your run off should be PH6.5 to 7. Too much Lye can push you over PH7 locking out micro and reducing macro nutrients but nitrogen is still easily picked up.

I lost it when I read that wings!😆

When you say recycled soil, that could be any thing from depleted to mineral build up. Generally thick dark green clawing new growth on tomatoes is a sign of excessive Nitrogen. If you have a PH tester your run off should be PH6.5 to 7. Too much Lye can push you over PH7 locking out micro and reducing macro nutrients but nitrogen is still easily picked up.
I'll take that and run with it clawing most likely high nitrogen. They don't seem dark green excessively, but...this is a practice strain.
I'll wait to add any more lime or craziness. Maybe just a seaweed topdressing.

I'm hoping to workUp a rich organic soilmix Cycle/Recycle for mostly waterOnly. $$over the years on good soil.
Im a DirtHoarder.
My basic potting soil mixture is 2 parts compost, 1 part Perlite, and 1 part Peat Moss. If I am going to use the basic mix for for my Cannabis growing I will mix in amendments and let it sit and cook for several weeks. Otherwise it is ready to go as a basic for houseplants, and anything I am growing outside in pots.

The soil that is used for my indoor Cannabis will sit in the pot for about a month or so after harvest so that the roots can start to decompose. Then it is dumped into some very large buckets and waits till I need it when transplanting my Marijuana plants into larger containers.

Somewhere I saw a listing of the common nutrients that are added to "super soil" style cannabis mixes. If I remember it was set up in such a way as to show the amendment and whether it was one that was short lived and had to be replaced frequently or if it was something that took a long time to be digested by the various soil micro-organisms.

Back
Top Bottom